Kill Bill

Dr. MID-Nite

Anyone ever try to make Uma Thurman's character from Kill Bill up in Hero? My take is the following:

Martial arts(obviously)

Levels up the wazoo(enough to nail hit locations on every sword swipe on average opponents)

Great Acrobatics roll...along with Breakfall, Climbing, Weapon Familiarity, and Two Weapon Fighting.

Defense Talent(Maximum level)

Stats.....not sure....but I'd go with good DEX, SPD, and BODY. Rest is open to writer interpretation.

Anyone care to add to this list?

Rob

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Kill Bill

I'm waiting for the KILL BILL double DVD set to come out myself (I hear it's due out this year), before I do any adaptations. On the other hand, I have been working on a character titled "The Blue-Eyed Killer," who is based on a picture I found of Julie Manase (she was one of the Crazy 88s). The image of a kanata wielding woman in a men's black business suit is turning into quite an interesting DARK CHAMPIONS character.

Don't forget Hanzo Hatori steel.

Damn straight...2-3d6 HKA, OAF, Penetrating.

An earlier version could have Hunted: DiVAS, plus related contacts. Possible Hunted of Crazy 88, if you think any of the few survivors would be psychotic enough to go after her. Of course, she's be Hunted by a certain little girl, as we'll be seeing in nine years or so...

Disads for signature style(Pai Mei)?

Also reputation both as a perk and as a disadvantage. The disad version would be on a 8- roll and would be something like dangerous assasin and would most definetly be extreme. The Perk version would be on the same roll and would be: Black Mamba, Most Dangerous Woman Walking, Bar None.

I have been working on a character titled "The Blue-Eyed Killer' date='" who is based on a picture I found of Julie Manase (she was one of the Crazy 88s). The image of a kanata wielding woman in a men's black business suit is turning into quite an interesting [i']DARK CHAMPIONS[/i] character.

Did anyone else find that school-girl bodyguard just highly ANOYING?

"Oh, I'm just an helpless, innocent little girl who's going to cut your heart out and drink your blood. Hee hee hee..."

I don't know if it was bad acting or just bad writing, but I found the character anoying.

"Luckily for her, he was also a pedophile..."

You have no idea how close that line came to becoming a sig. ;)

Damn straight...2-3d6 HKA, OAF, Penetrating.

An earlier version could have Hunted: DiVAS, plus related contacts. Possible Hunted of Crazy 88, if you think any of the few survivors would be psychotic enough to go after her. Of course, she's be Hunted by a certain little girl, as we'll be seeing in nine years or so...

Disads for signature style(Pai Mei)?

I'm not sure about the Penetrating. Afterall, she used her sword almost entirely on unarmored opponents. My take was she's just incredibly skilled with the sword. In game terms, possibly using levels to improve the BODY damage...and...of course striking hit locations enough to make most players envious forever. Was there any point in either movie where she used her sword on something solid enough to justify Penetrating? I remember her hitting a baseball, but that hardly requires Penetrating.

Rob

Did anyone else find that school-girl bodyguard just highly ANOYING?

"Oh, I'm just an helpless, innocent little girl who's going to cut your heart out and drink your blood. Hee hee hee..."

I don't know if it was bad acting or just bad writing, but I found the character anoying.

"Luckily for her, he was also a pedophile..."

You have no idea how close that line came to becoming a sig. ;)

Well, I think it was a twisted take on the old anime "school girl" heroine. In short, I thought she was written to be annoying....because most of the heroic sterotypes on which Go-Go was based are also similiarly annoying.

Rob

Definitely CON threw the roof and some sort of rapid Healing. She does like several months worth of physical therapy in the back of pick up truck in a coupe of hours?

Good point. Though in fairness, I think it was something like 13 hours. But...what I'm hearing so far is high DEX, CON, and BODY, and probably reasonable SPD too. Granted, given the opposition, a high DEX might be something like 20-25. CON? No clue.

Rob

Naw, her "healing" is just Hollywood in action: "Rehab? We don' need no steenkin' rehab!" It's a genre convention that over the top protagonists have over the top abilities. (I won't go so far as to actually call the lead character a "heroine" in any meaningful sense of the word. She's an assassin.)

Or does anyone think the world really switched over to black and white during the fight in the restaurant? :D

Naw, her "healing" is just Hollywood in action: "Rehab? We don' need no steenkin' rehab!" It's a genre convention that over the top protagonists have over the top abilities. (I won't go so far as to actually call the lead character a "heroine" in any meaningful sense of the word. She's an assassin.)

Or does anyone think the world really switched over to black and white during the fight in the restaurant? :D

Everywhere but Japan. They got to see it in color, I hear.