Name This Hero

Bartman

I'm about to start playing a new character in a campaign I'm in ,but am totally lost as what to name him. So I figured I would ask for help from the Hero community.

The charcter is a detective type ala Batman with stretchy powers ala Mr. Fantastic. So far the ideas I've come up with are either lame - Rubberman (sounds like a Trojan sales mascot) or derivitive - PlasticGUY, PlasticDUDE, Mr. Fabulous.

So I need your help. Be they ever so humble give me your stretchy names.

Re: Name This Hero

I kinda like Mr. Fabulous. Or something similar - Mr. Amazing, etc.

Mr. Elongated/Mr. Elastic could be good. Can use the shorthand "Mr.E" - aka "mystery"

Flexible Man

Flex

Elasti-Man

Yoga

Contortionist

Mr. Twist (twist body, follow plot twists) Villain - "Mr. Twit?" Hero - "No! TWIST! TWIST! There's an 's' in it! Gah!!!" :)

Make him reptilian too and call him "Elong-Gator" ;)

Longarm (as in long arm of the law)

Mr. Twist

"Sorry, villans, but you forgot about this crime's plot Twist - me!"

For some reason, I can only think of pulp era themes mixed with a bit of lechery. So when you read the following, keept that genre speak in mind.

The Amazing Man or Mr. Amazing (Mr. A. for short):

Victim: "You saved us, who are you?"

Hero: I'm Amazing Man/Mr. Amazing, the ladies just call me "Amazing."

OR

Criminal: Who do you think you are, breaking in here?

Hero: Mr. A.

Criminal: Mister A? Wearing a costume, don't you mean Mister E?

Hero: Nope, the mystery's solved and you're going to jail. [Explains clues]

Criminal: Amazing.

Hero: That's me.

OR

The Tongue. (extra appendage: tongue) Special maneuver is a tongue lashing, OCV bonus to hit levels for surprise.

He has a DNPC Wife: "Most beautiful female in the world."

Think about it.

"Longarm" was the first thing that came to my mind, as well. If you're going with a Batman type you probably want something that sounds less flashy than a "Mr. Amazing," and more ominous and noirish.

Along those lines, "Gumshoe" would be appropriate as well.

BTW, welcome back, Bartman! :celebrate We haven't seen Blinky the Fish around these parts in almost a year. I was concerned that something had happened to you, and started a "Where's Bartman?" thread a few months back. I hope you're okay now (not that I have any desire to pry). :no:

Mr. Twist is close, but even better is...

Mister Twister! Gotta get that rhyme thing going lol

Or make the character French and call him Plastique

Did you know rubber in German is Gummi, as in Gummi Bears -- So Gummi Man works, or make him Japanese and call him Origami... So many names to choose from...

Hmm...

Mister Elastic isn't bad. And I rather like Longarm. Proteus isn't quite right, because the character is more stretchy and not so much shape-changy. Although I must admit it would be an interesting addition to the team, as we already have a Dr. Gilgamesh. Perhaps I could go with the adjective form, something like The Protean Avenger. Of course knowing my group I figure I would get a number of questions like: "Why are you so worried about protein?" and "What are you avenging anyway, low carb diets?"

Well this bears further thought. Thanks for ideas everyone and keep them coming.

BTW' date=' welcome back, Bartman! :celebrate We haven't seen Blinky the Fish around these parts in almost a year. I was concerned that something had happened to you, and started a "Where's Bartman?" thread a few months back. I hope you're okay now (not that I have any desire to pry). :no:[/quote']

Thanks for your concern LL. Nothing happened... other than life of course. We had a second kid, my hours at work expanded. You know the usual. When I started this thread I realized I hadn't even lurked here since August. But looking around today made me realize why I used to spend so much time here. I'll have to make an effort and spend some time here.

From the sublime to the ridiculous...or vice versa.

Spanner--reference to the character's stretching; he 'spans' any gap

Mr. Midgard--stretching again; the world-encircling Midgard Serpent of Norse myth

Longshadow--stretching _and_ a touch of Batman's darkness

Entropy--bad pun; entropy is always increasing (i.e. growing, stretching...sorry)

Sidestep--flexibility

Recoil--flexibility; 'coil' suggests a twining snake, and 're' suggests a loop

Initiative--always coming up with something

Best of luck with your character!