What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?

nexus

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?

I would have to say EVERY character in my old group from ten years ago.

Particle man. - A random mishmash of powers with absolutely no concept. Many of them were at rediculously low power levels. No one even knew what he was supposed to look like. None of his powers even had special effects defined.

FRED (The World's Smallest Martial Artist) - Standard superheroic martial artist, with always-on shrinking making him six inches tall, and a STR of zero, he had a whole bunch of extra damage classes though. No reason he was small, he just was, he did wear a tiny blue jumpsuit though.

Bomberman - Tricked the Infinite Man into giving him his powers. He had a Neon "Bomberman" logo that floated six inches above his chest at all times. He had like 50 resistant ED and 50 percent energy damage reduction and a PD of like 3. He had two powers, a cumulative transform into shoes, and a gigantor no-range RKA explosion which killed him if he used it.

The Green Goblin - No relation to the marvel character. This one was more of a D&D goblin. Always-on shrinking at 3 feet tall, I randomly picked some magic equipment for him out of some books or another. Between the magic shield, his shrinking, his natural 30 dex, and dex aid of his sword he had a rediculous DCV. He was never hit, not once, ever, by anyone (and he was played in like 8 or 9 different sessions). His DCV was like 17 without counting whatever fencing manuever he was doing at the moment (and without counting any extra DCV from the dex aid).

The game sessions with that group usually consisted of Particle Man and Bomberman getting their tails whupped, while FRED and Green Goblin bounced around like midget acrobats avoiding EVERYTHING.

I played in a game for a while where there was a character called Gestalt. God(dess)-like psychic powers based on a VPP. The player created a basic human and then dumped all the remaining points into the VPP.

The player would throw stones and grab people.... The humorous thing is that she never realized that if she were to max-out the character's TK in the VPP... she could have played tag with an aircraft carrier. She got tired of the character and retired her. It was at this time that we pointed out the level of power.

Re: What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?I had a player once request to play Football Hero. This was a powered armor character, except the armor looked like a football uniform (complete with shoulder pads). His attack was an energy "football" formed from power conduits built into the suit, which he would throw at enemies. He was also allegedly fond of Move Through. The character was supposed to be an ex-football jock who just couldn't give it up.I said "no". :)

I had a player once request to play Football Hero. This was a powered armor character' date=' except the armor looked like a football uniform (complete with shoulder pads). His attack was an energy "football" formed from power conduits built into the suit, which he would throw at enemies. He was also allegedly fond of Move Through. The character was supposed to be an ex-football jock who just couldn't give it up.I said "no". :)

[/quote']Unless it was for a gritty campaign, I think this one would be fun. Certainly not anywhere as bad as prehensile genitalia or "raised by farm implements".

Guest Champsguy

I would have to say EVERY character in my old group from ten years ago.

Particle man. - A random mishmash of powers with absolutely no concept. Many of them were at rediculously low power levels. No one even knew what he was supposed to look like. None of his powers even had special effects defined.

He does things a particle can. What's he like? It's not important.

Unless it was for a gritty campaign' date=' I think this one would be fun. Certainly not anywhere as bad as prehensile genitalia or "raised by farm implements".[/quote']

I did the sports hero thing once. I took the "Duh, Jock" character class found in a Best of Dragon Magazine, an April Fools issue I believe, and translated it into an ex-athlete-turned-gadgeteer aptly named Jock.

He had the Jock Stick , which could become a baseball bat (HA), hockey stick (HKA), tennis racket (missile deflection), pole vault (leaping), etc. He had armor-piercing baseballs and hockey puck tear gas grenades. His sneakers could sprout in-line skate wheels or ice skate blades or swim fins, offered gas-powered leaping, sported a shoe phone (a la Max Smart) in one and a rebreather mask in the other, and could inflate to be emergency floatation devices. His football helmet visor had various vision modes, flash defenses, etc.

It worked very well. Shockingly well, even.

The Invincible Hammer-Wheel

Player:

Credit where credit is due, the player would have been a guy named Andrew Gibson, who I never had the opportunity to actually game with. He was fond of asking questions in the vein of "Who would win: 5000 first-level Barbarians or 5 20th-level wizards?" or "How much damage could a 3rd-level Barbarian do with a toilet?" when were still playing AD&D.

If my search-fu is strong, here's where I originally posted the character on the forums. I originally posted the character to the champ-l mailing list at sysabend.org back in 2001 - it could be read here if the archives were working.

How do I put this politely?

Basically, at the risk of sounding like a snob, my limited free time for gaming is too precious to me to be spending it with anyone that would come up with a character concept like any of these sexually oriented ones (the original post being a prime example) So fortunatly I have never run into anything like this except maybe at a con.

However I did have a character that I allowed the player to bully me into accepting that not only was stupid, but eventually wrecked the campaign. I was trying to run it like a fairly serious campaign (at least as seriously as you can when comic book characters are involved). The character that evetually evolved into a semi playable form (keep in mind it had been rejected for rules infractions several times) was basically an invalid with a powersuit. It basically kept him alive as well as gave him super powers. He was a tremendously powerful character as he bought everything OIF-Independent and with charges, etc. Basically an extreamly min-maxed character. Well in the first battle, he showed himself to be the main threat and the villains took him out first. Once he was down, the rest of the villain crew that I had ramped up to match the hero group with this PC in it, had no problem taking out the rest of the group. One character had his character killed while the offending player had his armor stripped from him and he died without it. What really hurt is that now a very strong mastermind has an even stronger suit of armor he can wear completely unbalancing the entire game.

I could have salvaged it I guess with some lame excuse (oh the suit blew up when the mastermind was testing it) but it just felt wrong and the campaign that I spent weeks preparing has now gone by the wayside as none of us have deemed it fun enough to bring back. I guess it was as much my own fault and failure as a GM for even allowing the guy in the first place.

The Solipsist, a superpowered philosopher designed by an undergraduate philosophy major many years ago.

The Solipsist had an ego drain, a body drain, and several defense drains because he could convince you that you don't exist. His own defenses were based on his denial of your attacks: "Since you don't exist, you can't have attacked me, so I could not possibly have been injured."

The Solipsist, a superpowered philosopher designed by an undergraduate philosophy major many years ago.

The Solipsist had an ego drain, a body drain, and several defense drains because he could convince you that you don't exist. His own defenses were based on his denial of your attacks: "Since you don't exist, you can't have attacked me, so I could not possibly have been injured."

Sounds like a Doom Patrol worthy villain. I kinda like this concept, but as a GM i definitely would have said no to a character whose whole schtick is arguing and denial.

Credit where credit is due' date=' the player would have been a guy named Andrew Gibson, who I never had the opportunity to actually game with. He was fond of asking questions in the vein of "Who would win: 5000 first-level Barbarians or 5 20th-level wizards?" or "How much damage could a 3rd-level Barbarian do with a toilet?" when were still playing AD&D.[/quote']

I really need to get my name legally changed. :(

Well, I was playing in a Vampire game where one of players gave this to the GM as his background. "I live on a mountain in Australlia. I never leave." So the GM basically ignored him, until the player whined enough that the gm had him staked, and shipped to NYC where the campaign was happening.

I really need to get my name legally changed. :(

Why? Are you "that" Andrew Gibson? If not, don't worry about it. If you are, or it does bother you, ask Ben Seeman or Dan Simon to change your user ID for you to something else.

Edit: Southern Cross beat me to the "ID change" suggestion, I see!

Presented for your perusal (upgraed to Fifth)

Celine Unidine Natalia Thomas

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 HTH damage

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

18 CON 16 13-

18 BODY 16 13-

12 INT 2 11- PER Roll 11-

15 EGO 10 12- ECV: 5

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

26 COM 8 14-

6 PD 3 Total: 12/20 PD (6/14 rPD)

6 ED 2 Total: 12/20 ED (6/14 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

7 REC 0

40 END 2

40 STUN 5 Total Characteristics Cost: 117

Movement: Run: 6"/NC"

Swim: 2"/NC"

Cost Powers END

61 Metamophic Form: Shapeshift (Sight Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group, Additional Sense Group: Smell/Taste Group, Additional Sense Group: Touch Group, Cellular, Imitation, Variety of Shapes (Any humanoid Form): Limited Group of Shapes), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (61 Active Points) 5

24 Instant Regeneration: Armor (8 PD/8 ED)

25 Long Term Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY (Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

20 Pheromone Effect: Change Environment 1" radius, -6 Ego Rolls, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Sight Group, Hearing Group; +3/4) (50 Active Points); Only aginst humans that can smell her Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2), Only against Seduction and Lust based effects Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2), No Range (-1/2)

26 Mutagenic Breast Milk: Transform 6d6: Human into Hermaphoid (Major) (90 Active Points); Target Must ingest fliuid constantly Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1), Concentration 1/2 DCV, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (-1/2), Gradual Effect 1 Minute (-1/2), No Range (-1/2) 9

6 Prehensile Clitoris: Extra Limbs , Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points)

15 Prehensile Clitoris: Enhanced Perception (+6 to PER Rolls for Single Sense Group; Analyze, Discriminatory) (22 Active Points); Only with Extra Limb Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2)

10 Prehensile Clitoris: Sleight Of Hand (13 Active Points); Only with Extra Limb Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4) 18-

Perks

5 “Well Paid Prostitute†Money: Well Off

Talents

12 “Lucky in a Fight†Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

Skills

3 Acting 13-

3 Combat Driving 13-

5 Conversation 14-

3 High Society 13-

3 KS: Sexual Techniques 12-

3 PS: Hooker 12-

5 Seduction 14-

4 Survival (Urban) 12-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 233

Total Cost: 350

250+ Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: Exxagerated Secondary Sexual Characteristics (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Abnormal Genitalia (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: John Hong Former pimp Owner of the Freak Show (a mutant brothel) 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

10 Physical Limitation: Easily aroused (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)

5 Reputation: Hooker and deviant 8-

15 Psychological Limitation: Self Centered (Common; Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Common; Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Physical cowrds, prefers to manipulate rather than fight (Common; Total)

Total Disadvantage Points: 350