Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

"I'm not oppressed. I'm a doctor."

(GM) "You can't make a joke and then get angry when I laugh."

"Yeah, your power is Scream Like A Little Girl"

"What's the point of building an extremely distracting character if other people get to roleplay too?"

ghost-angel's probably too modest to post this, (I know, first time you've been accused of that, right?) but I thought it rocked!

Brief backstory: three of the five PCs have registered with PRIMUS, largely because of the good relationship they've developed with the head of PRIMUS in New York (where the team is based). But they're currently working a case up in Boston, and the head of the Boston PRIMUS office turns out to be kindof a ****. So the PCs have just cleaned out a VIPER nest -- handing PRIMUS a wealth of prisoners, information & equipment, and in the process clearing an innocent superhero of murder charges -- and the PRIMUS head chooses this moment to give them a ration of **** about working so closely with "unregistered" heroes (ie - the other 2/5 of the party). Enigma (who is registered) coldly informs him:

"I don't control the lives of those I work with. They put themselves in danger to help the people and I would appreciate it if you showed a bit more respect when referring to them. Perhaps if you dropped your overbearing authoritarian attitude and worked with people instead of over them others might be more willing to come forth and register. While I have complied out of a spirit of cooperation, some take less kindly to being tagged like dogs and tracked by Big Brother. You should do well to remember your purpose is to serve the people, all the people, or would you like someone to shine your jackboot heels for you?"

Now dontcha wish g-a had written Civil War instead of those hacks at Mervel?!

Waiting for an air drop:

Torchsong: They better have remembered my lip gloss!

Ghost Eagle: And my favorite cereal, Buffal-O's

Ghost Eagle: I summon a guardian Owl spirit

:: spirit appears ::

GE: Ok, I need you to watch for enemies.

Spirit: whoo

GE: Enemies

GE: Enemies!

GE: forget it...

There's an anthropomorphic tiger-striped skunkfem in your campaign giving

one of your PCs (Warpath) a hard time?

Sounds like one very interesting campaign...

Major Tom :sneaky:

unlikely - she's busy in SuperMegaTopia isn't she? Along with Holy Cow, Buck Naked, and the rest...

must be a crossover issue :)

Guest Major Tom

unlikely - she's busy in SuperMegaTopia isn't she? Along with Holy Cow, Buck Naked, and the rest...

I don't know anything about Supermegatopia. The only place that I've

seen the character outside of her webpage is on the Sabrina Online web

comic.

Major Tom :cool:

I don't know anything about Supermegatopia. The only place that I've

seen the character outside of her webpage is on the Sabrina Online web

comic.

Major Tom :cool:

I don't think Zig-Zag is part of Supermegatopia.

Guest Major Tom

About the Cyborg Ninja Hookers: there are worse things that the unfortunate

victims-to-be could be turned into -- like something similar to the femme

fatale from the Species films.

Now there's a scary thought.

Major Tom :eek:

Yeah - she occasionally guest-features as Lust Lass.

But, as pointed out, a different Zig-Zag... though one of our characters was a single contested skill roll away from confusing the two when he heard the story. ;)

About the Cyborg Ninja Hookers: there are worse things that the unfortunate

victims-to-be could be turned into -- like something similar to the femme

fatale from the Species films.

Now there's a scary thought.

Major Tom :eek:

Hmm... that's got possibilities....

*takes down Evil GM Notes :sneaky: *

WAY out of character:

"Making that noise while shooting me doesn't make you any more mysterious!"

Talking about one of the GM's characters from a different game of ours (who might or might not hunger for human flesh):

GM: "Just because I'm drawing my inspiration from Venom doesn't make me an anti-hero."

We finally got back to the game. Dreadnought was knocked WELL into GM option land at the end of last session during a "fight" with Holocaust and Gravitar, and was getting a recap of what he missed when he woke up.

Tome: "Grav got a new girlfriend, holocaust got throw through a building and stormed off."

Me: "Wait, so Grav and Gravitar... am I being punk'd?"

From a more-fun-than-expected post apocalyptic Devil May Cry style campaign:

“What’s the difference between a Quasit and an Imp?”

Kallthor the Demonologist (upon miserably failing his second KS: Demons roll of the night): Uh, um, Quasits… are crunchier… and Imps like to hide their valuables in unsuspecting travelers’ rectums.

Diego: *sigh* Everyone go check your rectums while Kallthor cracks open a grimoire.

Nash: This guy’s not fooling anyone. We all know his real name's John.

From our Teens Game, Mellisa Eilberg (The Night, Classic Detective Vigilante):

"During the memorial service, I hide in the ceiling of the auditorium. I expect trouble, mostly because this is the memorial service of a girl who we have learned had her soul screwed up during an attempted resurrection and turned into a swamp-muck-monster-thing, and she's probably going to be kind of annoyed about the fact that there's a memorial when no one even knows who murdered her."

"I use my linegun to grab the laser-shooting microphone before it shoots someone who can't use magical healing powers on themselves. Like, say, me, or even a cheerleader."

"We need more clues about what the Buzzard wants. I don't mean we need to know exactly who. I mean, a manifesto. A note. Some carrion. SOMETHING. He just shows up, shoots someone randomly, and teleports away. He doesn't even monologue. I'm going to have to try to get there before he teleports, and engage him in dialogue. He'll have no choice but to rant about his plan."

OOC comment: "You have immense psychic power. She's a weird alien. She's a powerful sorceress. He's encased in some kind of technology that gives him massive strength. He 'wields the power of the stars', which means as far as I can tell, he flies and shoots lasers. I... have a stun blaster, martial arts with no damage classes, and I figure things out. You'll excuse me if I feel slightly inadequate in comparison in combat. Out of combat, I can track down the bad guys, but I designed my character to deal with mostly normal-scale people. You deal with the ubervillian, I'll deal with his mooks, we'll all be fine."

From my City On The Edge campaign

Trawler: "I've been blobbed and had my ramen wiped out by a spaceship, and you're asking me if I believe in magic?"

-----

Ms Chaos: "That's it! I'm moving to a city where crimes aren't committed by toys."

-----

Trawler: "You wreck one little building and you can never live it down..."

-----

Zero (Drhoz, OOC): "Spam! Spam! He's our ham!"

-----

And after Zero had been informed of the Modus Operandi of the criminals they were tracking down (Modified versions of the "Terror Bears").

Zero: Is there any provision for anual leave in this team?

Ms Chaos: No. I already checked.

-----

Avatar (Fireleaper): "Would you care if I said "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards?"

Terminus (Sundog): "No."

Guest Major Tom

Hmm... that's got possibilities....

*takes down Evil GM Notes :sneaky: *

Just doing my bit for the cause of fiendish depravity...

Major Tom :eg:

Guest Major Tom

Yeah - she occasionally guest-features as Lust Lass.

But, as pointed out, a different Zig-Zag... though one of our characters was a single contested skill roll away from confusing the two when he heard the story. ;)

After having just scoped out MBR's gallery at the VCL website, I can under-

stand why there'd be some confusion.

Major Tom :rolleyes:

Session 7 of Vendetta Rhapsody:

GM: Does anyone have Paramedics? Above an 8-?

Mike: We don't heal damage, we inflict it!

Blitzkrieg calls Koyotie "dog-lady" one too many times. Mike had told the GM two weeks ago if he did that again, Koyotie was going to hit him. Hard.

Mike rolls 13d6 for Koyotie: 61 STUN (doubled to 122 due to being out of combat), 17 BODY, 7" of Knockback.

After Blitzkrieg wakes up: "Anyone get the name of that truck?"

Full Metal Jacket: That truck's name was Koyotie, and I suggest you don't forget it. Piece of advice son; don't piss the lady off."

Explaining why things are slightly different from the real world in the game:

GM: "[This] is the movie version of St. Louis."

Koyotie in SID is talking to Erica Chase, her reporter friend, about covering an ICOMP bust of a smuggling attempt coming up the river. Said reporter wants the two of them "embedded" with the ICOMP squad.

Mary Tower (a.k.a. Koyotie): "Do you want to be in the middle of Bagdad on a bridge of the Mississippi?"

After having just scoped out MBR's gallery at the VCL website, I can under-

stand why there'd be some confusion.

Major Tom :rolleyes:

Or, y'know, quiet, desperate prayer that it's the hybrid one. :D

Anywho, back to our regularly scheduled topic:

OOC comment: "And the Pomeranian is trying desperately not to picture the fifteen foot-tall Frog man *losing* at strip poker."