Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

NPC Half Orc to PC Wemic: I'm not afraid of anything, least of all some hairy, dirty lion-man!

PC Half-Dragon: Have you ever been mounted by a lion, boy?

Half-Orc: Them's Fighting Words!

Me: Well, it's the end of the session, next time...you'll roll initiative.

Interviewer: "Is this a permanent stay, or are you just visiting?"

Rastal: "God, I HOPE it's not permanent!"

Interviewer: "Right, then. Have you any connection to Isthvatha V'han?"

Rastal: "Bless you."

This reminded me of a similar incident that happened in a Forgotten Realms game I play:

My new Bard PC from Durpar is meeting the other PCs for the first time...

Wizardess: "And you are?"

Bard: "Matiesh Hiranandani."

Wizardess: "Bless you."

right. Flying, Invisible, Desolid punk. I'll get him for that pavement trick BTW.

Sometimes SFX work for you, sometimes against you. It made for good drama.

I just came across this. Flight, desol, invisible? So hows it feel to face a flying desol version of Ghost?

This reminded me of a similar incident that happened in a Forgotten Realms game I play:

My new Bard PC from Durpar is meeting the other PCs for the first time...

Wizardess: "And you are?"

Bard: "Matiesh Hiranandani."

Wizardess: "Bless you."

Heh. ^ v ^

I can usually screen for NPC names that make the players crack such jokes, but, in this case, it's an established Champions villain, and is associated with dimensional travel, as my PCs were. So it couldn't be avoided.

From last weekend's D&D game:

The best one is actually better taken out of context.

Ryan (a rich, handsome noble's son, being pursued by a gold-digging female): I don't think marriage would happen that quick. So I have enough time to find another tomb.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Leila, our druid, has been given an acorn to plant so she can grow a tree to bond with and become a dryad. Trouble is, she's stuck on finding a safe enough place to plant it. Finally she announced she was going to The Grove.

Il'Marcum: I thought she didn't know where she's going to stick her nuts...

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

And lastly, something OOC:

(Player 1 comes out of bathroom and closes the door)

Player 2: Did you do something evil in there?

Player 1: Not necessarily, as long as you don't go in there. (pause) It's Schroedinger's Bathroom.

Actually,Felicity's response to being told Ripper was between the her and the door was " No problem, let's go!" She's not exactly in a good mood right now.

Did we put in .

Call to Primus " Help! We're being invaded by faeries."

Response " Sorry, there's laws against Gay bashing."

" The winged variety!"

"Can't help. Try the Champions."

Call to the Champions. " Help. We're being invaded by faeries. That's F A E R. Anyone there any good with magic."

I just came across this. Flight' date=' desol, invisible? So hows it feel to face a flying desol version of Ghost?[/quote']

Luckily they had no offensive capability... but I can assure you if Ghost ever gets Desol then Everybody Dies is the only apt term I can think of.

More fun from the Freedom League

------------------

Troubleshooter: Of COURSE it was a good idea! It wasnt obviously stupid, and I only come in extremes :D

Black Cat (hot kitty girl): Im...not going anywhere near that.

Monarch: (under his breath): Thats not what IVE heard...

-------------------

Troubleshooter: ....a huge telekinetic butterfly just knocked me out of the autopsy room...

Guardian Alpha: THATS gotta be a first!

-------------------

*After fighting a horde of five foot mutant crabs*

Troubleshooter: Im going to go make a clarified butter bazooka.

Guardian Alpha: Let me know if Atomic Vision will in ANY way be helpful!

-------------------

Troubleshooter (OOC): I forge a pizza box while we're taking the submarine down to the base of the drilling platform.

The Team: *Infiltrates the base, 500 feet underwater. Troubleshooter takes the lead and rounds the corner, startling two thugs*

Troubleshooter *Brandishing pizza box*: I went to unbelievable effort to get here in under 30 minutes and YOURE PAYING FOR IT!!

Thugs: *Lose a full Phase at 1/2 DCV*

-------------------

Troubleshooter: For this plan to work, I need Techni-girl and 23 pounds of butter...

Guardian Alpha: We dont have Techni-girl here... *shrug*

-----------------

Troubleshooter (OOC): I make my Stealth roll by 7. That should compensate for my sneaking around in swim fins! :cool:

------------------

Troubleshooter: *Fires his special pistol through the armored glass of the control room for the submarine pen, then fires in a smoke grenade and ricochets rubber bullets to knock out two people*

Guard Minion: Where's that breach?!? *Runs to the hole in the glass*

Guardian Alpha (OOC): Yes, go stick your face out the hole all the gunfire has been coming in through

Troubleshooter (OOC): Hey, if he knew tactics, he'd be an officer!

-------------------

Troubleshooter: *Shoots*

Guard Minion: *Slumps*

Troubleshooter: He found the breach! :D

-------------------

Troubleshooter *Switches on the Public Address intercomm as the underwater base begins to self-destruct*: Attention. Attention. Thank you all for dying on Mamano-Sensei's Under-Sea Death Fun Park.

-------------------

Troubleshooter *Knocks out the deranged thug who was trying to take the last escape pod, then Troubleshooter launches it off, empty*

Frightened Minions: But...but...but now we're STUCK here!

Troubleshooter: Exactly! NOW you have to help me deactivate the self-destruct device :D

------------------

Troubleshooter (OOC): As far as I know, no nation in the world has "b**t f**k" as its currency.

Monarch (OOC): Well, theres the Euro!

--------------------

Receptionist: Thank you, sir. Would you like a receipt?

Troubleshooter: Pfft! Like I do my taxes "in hero"!

Guardian Alpha (OOC): Do them in BESM! The math is easier! :D

--------------------

Troubleshooter *Slides into the room on Dec 24th wearing red and white armor with a Santa Hat on it*: QUICK! Some giant green fuzzy freak has stolen all the Christmas trees! ILL BE BACK! *Flees*

----------------------

Troubleshooter: (OOC) Troubleshooter busts thugs on December 24th and 25th using green paint grenades, followed by tinsel grenades, using a gun painted like a reindeer with a bright red laser sight. Then, at night, he perches atop a high building, looking out across the city, like some kind of freaky Batman...which...you know...he is.

(In character) Ahhhhhhh. Its the kind of night when even a pimp backhands lightly....

---------------------

Monarch (OOC): I just got back with my ex. Im spending the holidays spoiling my child, and getting laid :)

Troubleshooter (OOC): Im going to HIS house for dinner!

----------------------

Troubleshooter *hands Raven's hawt blonde teen sidekick, Sparrow, a hand-made milkshake*: Here's that special shake like I gave you last time. Remember; it tastes best if you put your hands behind your back and use the straw!

Sparrow: Ok. Is there extra cream? :)

Troubleshooter: :sneaky:

From our Deadlands: Lost Colony game.

El Rick: Well, we've thwarted the devil himself and everted armageddon. And without the anti-christ showing up!

Mister Novel (Me, OOC): Yeah, well Clay's yet to arrive.

Clay is another PC, a very powerful huckster who's currently roaming the hunting grounds collecting the items we need to kill the Reckoners.

--------------------

Receptionist: Thank you, sir. Would you like a receipt?

Troubleshooter: Pfft! Like I do my taxes "in hero"!

Guardian Alpha (OOC): Do them in BESM! The math is easier! :D

--------------------

This one is priceless. RePped!

Session 8 of Vendetta Rhapsody

OOC comment on Lawrence Fishburne as the voice of the Silver Surfer: "Stop trying to hit me Reed Richards, and hit me!"

FMJ is asked where someone is: "I haven't seen her... here."

"If your life you want to save, call me promptly, Burma Shave."

"Death Vengeance is played by Dee Snyder?"

"Technicality, the hardshell hellion!"

*reads... especially the last one*

I'm not sure if I desperately wish I was in your game, or if I'm desperately glad that I'm not... but I lean towards wishing I was in it.

You wish you were ;)

(Seriously, its a heckuva fun game)

A powerful peddler?

In Deadlands, the spellcasters have to hide the fact that they know magic or numerous bad things could happen to them. They call themselves hucksters in reference to the fact that they have to rely just as much on trickery as a snake oil salesman.

From our GURPS Diskworld game. We're in a jungle and these crazy monkeys keep trying to steal our food, so we've set up traps for them. Dutch, a barbarian with no social graces and little patience, has gotten bored and wandered off in search of... well, whatever she can find. The other PCs expect her back soon:

GM: You hear some rustling in the bushes.

PC1: I sneak over and take a look. Is it Dutch?

GM: It's a little too simian in appearance to be Dutch. But only a little.

Dutch: Hey! :mad:

From my FH Fearless Monster Hunters game. A tiny bit of background: Sir Justin and Castilla were sleeping together, but have discovered that are not really compatible -- he's a good guy, she's not. Like any breakup, this one wasn't pretty and they've argued ever since.

Out of character (and for some unknown reason), we were talking about how complicated Attack Of Opportunities in d20 are, how nobody really seems to understand them, how every gaming group runs them differently, and how they add clutter and slow things down unnecessarily. Later, this exchange happens:

Castilla: I'm still mad at you! Wait, am I still mad at you?

Justin: I thought we'd settled this.

Castilla: No we haven't settled this! I am still mad at you! No, wait. We did settle it. We agreed to see other people. Didn't we?

PC3: You guys are messed up.

Castilla: Our relationship is a little complicated right now...

GM: Complicated? Your relationship is like the Attack Of Opportunity of relationships!

:doi:

:lol:

From my FH Fearless Monster Hunters game. A tiny bit of background: Sir Justin and Castilla were sleeping together' date=' but have discovered that are not really compatible -- he's a good guy, she's not. Like any breakup, this one wasn't pretty and they've argued ever since. [/size']

Out of character (and for some unknown reason), we were talking about how complicated Attack Of Opportunities in d20 are, how nobody really seems to understand them, how every gaming group runs them differently, and how they add clutter and slow things down unnecessarily. Later, this exchange happens:

Castilla: I'm still mad at you! Wait, am I still mad at you?

Justin: I thought we'd settled this.

Castilla: No we haven't settled this! I am still mad at you! No, wait. We did settle it. We agreed to see other people. Didn't we?

PC3: You guys are messed up.

Castilla: Our relationship is a little complicated right now...

GM: Complicated? Your relationship is like the Attack Of Opportunity of relationships!

:doi:

:lol:

So they were in A Sack of Opporotunity?

Playing Rolemaster last night one of our players was getting familiar with a new 'one-shot' character and he had a flaw called weight intolerant. Now, in Rolemaster I believe that makes it to where your encumberance penalties are increased, but that's not how he read it.

Eric: When I was reading this character sheet and saw 'weight intolerant' I thought it meant he didn't like fat-chicks.

Yeah, good times, good times.

Some quotes from the New Titans

Feline Fury: *trying to track in a parking garage* You have no idea how much those of us with enhanced senses of smell are looking forward to everyone driving electric cars!

------------------

Feline Fury: *looks at the group of 8 foot tall super-agents of S.P.Y.D.E.R.* Well, at least after we blow up their base, theyll have great careers in the NBA

------------------

Neutron: *to Fusion, while planning the invasion of the base* [Vader] NO DISINTIGRATIONS! [/Vader]

-----------------

Shadowdragon: *looks at the New Titans engaging in typical teeneged banter, and reflects upon the fact that the people making Jay and Silent Bob-worthy jokes are the people with the power to control the elements and move mountains* Oh...my...gawd...@_@

The Future: *weeps*

-------------------

Neutron: I have a good idea!

Feline Fury: No. You have AN idea. WE get to tell you whether or not its a good one. =^_^=

---------------------

Neutron: *busts in on some S.P.Y.D.E.R. minions making drugs in a gigantic underground lab* Where were you when the guy said "Just Say No"?

Feline Fury: Actually, that was Nancy Reag-........Nevermind, you were right.

--------------------

Feline Fury (OOC): *looks at the map where a big gang of villains and thugs is clustered at an intersection, practically in a circle, as Fusion contemplates his next move* Isnt this hex just -begging- for an AOE? Look at it; its looking up at Fusion all chibi-eyed 0.0

-------------------

Feline Fury: *gets her costume shredded fighting Fiddleback* Look, if you dont like the costume just say so!

Fiddleback: If youd like to take it off, Ill give you the time to :D

--------------------

Neutron: You obviously dont remember our last encounter; youve obviously forgotten WHO youre dealing with!

Neutron: *Busts out a 12d6 EB Selective AER Lightning attack with extended range out to 50" (300 feet), rolling a crit to hit and NUKES the field!*

Minions: *Drop*

Villains: *Are stunned*

Lone Minion: *Stays standing*

Other Players: @_@

-------------------------

GM: *tallies the total damage done to a battlesuit villain on hand for the above electrical blast* Arsenal goes straight to unconsciousness.

Feline Fury (OOC): Thatll teach him to wear metal!

----------------------

Fusion: *Looks at the villain base's computer system* What amd I DOING here?!?............I guess I could set up a nice website for them....

-------------------

Feline Fury (OOC): That Natalie Portman wallpaper makes me wanna lick my monitor!