Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Explanation (Could have done this the first time):

Facing off against an evil, insane god the PCs had inadvertantly helped create, with the life of Ehlonna (At the very least) at stake, the PCs managed to cut off the insane gods' power with a well-worded revision of reality.

With the ceiling about to come crashing down, the psion of the group (Awakened cat psion), used Reality Revision a second time to ensure that everyone would be 'transported to safety' - A round before being sliced in half.

Whished to safety just before the roof did 9.8 per^2, the PCs + Ehlonna end up Nowhere - Where even the power of a god may have trouble getting them back.

On the other hand, the're very safe - And, (Almost) most importantly, Quinn was resurrected.

Session 19 of Shadows Angelus:

(and SA celebrates being 1 year old on the 18th! woo!)

Nestor (OOC): Hemelshot records himself going to the bathroom.

Mike (OOC): In case there's a misfire?

There's a new crime in Angelus: "Driving While Fuzzy."

Brogan fails an EGO Roll: "There is no Brogan, there is only Gurzarath!"

Our heroes escape the horror of Omega Sector: "I count twenty wolf-spiders, some in the streets, some on the buildings." (Done in Michael's best Gold Five impersonation.)

At my Champions game last night, the heroes were meeting with city councilman Aaron Whittaker and real estate millionaire Aidan Beck to discuss different buildings available to possibly renovate as their new base.

Beck: Now, this building is structurally in very good shape...

Squeeze: Don't worry, we can fix that.

- - - - - - - -

Synergy: Look at all the parking structures near that warehouse. There's five of them in a two block area.

Squeeze: Good -- nice solid cement buildings that don't get blown up too easily when our base gets attacked.

GM: Yeah, but all those parked cars will go up like strings of firecrackers.

- - - - - - - -

Serendipity (talking to her UNTIL contact for advice): So, what do you think about us using a captured VIPER base as our own?

- - - - - - - -

Squeeze (discussing the former VIPER base's undergound garage): Is there a parking spot labeled "Nest Leader"? We leave it. That way, Windchill (the Chicago Nest Leader) has someplace to park when he comes calling.

- - - - - - - -

Whittaker: Now, let's discuss your base's staffing. What kind of staff would you like?

Synergy: One of untold might.

- - - - - - - -

Whittaker: The police department and PRIMUS will each assign a liaison officer to work with you.

Squeeze: So we need to hire somebody to be our liaison.

Whittaker: What, you want a "your people" for "their people" to talk to?!

Whittaker: The police department and PRIMUS will each assign a liaison officer to work with you.

Squeeze: So we need to hire somebody to be our liaison.

Whittaker: What, you want a "your people" for "their people" to talk to?!

Now that is smart thinking!

:lol::eg:

Just a few of the things my...challenged group have gotten themselves in to:

Player trying to interpret the results of an Ouija board

PC:“I’M A DE HIM?” incredulously.

Long hard stare from GM.

(Pause) PC: “Oh ‘I made him” sheepishly.

PC: So he’s unconscious?

GM: Yep, you got him, Jagged Bow’s out!

PC: (irrationally angry for no apparent reason) O.K I’m gonna jump down onto his head.

GM: Huh?

PC: I wanna jump on his head!!

GM: Um…Crusader you do have a Code Against Killing.

PC: I make an EGO roll to overcome it!

(several messy dice rolls later.) O.K…He’s dead, you’ve killed him. Make another Ego roll! – O.K Your characters experiencing traumatic flashbacks and weeping in guilt at this cold-blooded and senseless murder.

-PC looks very bemused- what? But why?

(Several normal people suddenly find themselves trapped in a Fantasy setting surrounded by guardsmen)

GM: O.K these guards turn towards you, brandishing crossbows.

Goth Chick: What are we gonna do?

Action Star: Don’t worry, I’ll handle this! (Confidently steps forward as Goth hides behind him.)

GM: The guards point their crossbows at you. They obviously think you are in charge, being confident and well built.

Action Star: Um…I surrender (meekly).

Goth Chick: Ah Crap!

(At same time…)

Average Joe: Jeff’s just normal, he’s panicking and running.

GM: Which way’s he running?

AJ: Um, just randomly. I guess I’ll roll.

GM: (Consulting rules) O.K, you’re running…left. Ah, towards the men with crossbows and they shoot you…in the leg.

AJ: Why? Why me?

PC 1: (panicking) Where the hell are all these zombies coming from?

PC 2: Um… I d’know.

PC 3: Well, what was in that shed you looked in, we could hide in there.

PC 2: But it’s full of dead corpses.

(Rest of group looks at him in disbelief)

PC 2: Oh…right.

PC: So he’s unconscious?

GM: Yep, you got him, Jagged Bow’s out!

PC: (irrationally angry for no apparent reason) O.K I’m gonna jump down onto his head.

GM: Huh?

PC: I wanna jump on his head!!

GM: Um…Crusader you do have a Code Against Killing.

PC: I make an EGO roll to overcome it!

(several messy dice rolls later.) O.K…He’s dead, you’ve killed him. Make another Ego roll! – O.K Your characters experiencing traumatic flashbacks and weeping in guilt at this cold-blooded and senseless murder.

-PC looks very bemused- what? But why?

:lol: Yeah, I've gamed with that guy too. My condolances. ;)

Not really a game quote, but game-related...

Me and two of my gaming buddies went to see 300 last night. After the movie, while we were walking out to the parking lot:

Me: So what time will you guys be at the game on Saturday?

Buddy #1: I have to work, so it depends on how long it takes to kill all the patrons. (long pause, while we stare at him incredulously) ... Er... kick out all the patrons, I mean. :o

Buddy #2: Do not take this movie to work with you. :tsk:

:lol:

Not really a game quote, but game-related...

Me and two of my gaming buddies went to see 300 last night. After the movie, while we were walking out to the parking lot:

Me: So what time will you guys be at the game on Saturday?

Buddy #1: I have to work, so it depends on how long it takes to kill all the patrons. (long pause, while we stare at him incredulously) ... Er... kick out all the patrons, I mean. :o

Buddy #2: Do not take this movie to work with you. :tsk:

:lol:

Yeah, that movie will do that to ya!:cool:

A newspaper article turned up claiming that Sparkle, as well as a few rather shady female metas had signed a deal with Hustler. It referred to the lot of them as villainesses (which was true for some of them.)

Sparkle got a call from one, wanting to know if she'd had anything to do with it.

Sparkle: No. Actually, I could use the money, but I've got no idea what the reporter was talking about.

Eve: Do you want to come along as we go to feed him his liver?

Sparkle: Nah. Just sign my name on the card.

Later, she ran into the reporter. She put on her best bubbly demeanor.

Sparkle: Oh, hi! I'm Sparkle. You wrote that article about me?

Reporter: *looks nervous*

Sparkle: So, anyway - first, I'm not a villain. But also, I am way too busy to tear out your liver and feed it to you -- you wouldn't believe some of the stuff we have to get stopped, like, yesterday. Thing is, some of the girls were talking and I think maybe they're going to make the time. So you might want to, I dunno, go into hiding or something. Bye!

Reporter: Um. Thank you.

Robin Fletcher (OOC): Wendigo, thank you sooooo much for introducing the poop roll to our games.

Father Martin, after having his favorite gun blow up in his hand

Father: Ouch! Stupid shrapnel gets everywhere... :: pulls a fragment from his side ::

Robin: Um, father.. that ain't shrapnel. That's a rib.

Father: ...it'll grow back... :: tosses bone chunk to the ground ::

Wendigo: You know I don't think that's gonna work the same way for you as it did for Adam...

And, something that isn't from that game... apologies for the ethnic slurs, but the joke just doesn't work without em....

Player 1: What's this guys name?

GM (struggling to name an unimportant NPC): umm.. José...yeah.. José... Pulaski...

Player 2: What the hell kind of name is José Pulaski?

Player 1: He's half Beaner, half Polack. He's a beanpole!

Conversation after we had abort our RPG session last week due to GM illness, so we broke out Arkham Horror and had a spectacularly unsuccessful evening with it:

GM: "Sounds like you guys got boned playing Arkham Horror that night."

Player: "If by 'boned' you mean having your skeleton yanked from your living body and consumed piecemeal by Chthulhu while your spirit screams in hopeless agony, yeah."

OOC quote from the other night. One player who is kinda new to Champions had injured a normal in a previous session and didn't want it to happen again. He wondered outloud if maybe his attacks were overpowered. Another player, trying to be helpful, suggested that when fighting normals he just "hold back" and roll less than his maximum damage. The player responded with a grin:

"Sorry, I'm a D&D twink. I don't know how to roll less than my maximum damage!"

From my new pulp game.

Starting with a street brawl, of course.

Dr. Malcolm Drake: Damn it! It's bad enough having to get attacked by bandits and thugs out in the field. Now I've got to deal with gangs while shopping! Oh, why do I always have to be the Good Samaritan?

After a seriously impressive destroying of five thugs in less then two seconds by another PC. Pai Li Damn, that man is good. He fights almost as well as mom does. . .

Later on

Dr. Malcolm Drake: Reminds me of that ruin Borneo, except without the dust and beetles. In Borneo

Slow day on Patrol

Ashley: "So I only send one person to the hospital?"

GM: "Yes, but the kitten is out of the tree"

Player 1: "Should I unravel their plan?"

Player 2: "Not yet, I want to see the gun fight."

"If we get killed on this trip I'm never letting you live it down."

"Are you proficient with kobold?" "No." "You should be."

"I'm gonna need more dice" "I'm gonna need more warforged"

Event, the density based hero had a busy 38 hours. Captured by a supervillain and forced to survive a deathtrap, saved a lot of people from a VIPER-trapped burning building, and cleared a VIPER base located in the desert (all without sleep), Event barely makes it to his university class in his public id.

Professor: "Aren't you suppose to be on vacation?"

And Event was on vacation XD. He completely forgot and went to class anyways.

Quote of the Week: REAL LIFE!

So I'm at work this week, and one of my co-workers is talking with another, staring at a packaged dress shirt.

Co-worker: I don't know if I could wear a shirt like that, man, with the two button pockets on the ends like that.

Me: Dude...those are the shirt cuffs.

Episode 6 of Vendetta Rhapsody:

Koyotie mentions trading the drug Psi-Clone to the Second Syndicate for a "PS4."

GM: "What's a PS4?"

Michael and Josh: "A PlayStation 4."

Michael: "I'ts 2009, right? I figure they have a PS 4." *pause* "Just like Nintendo has the sequel to the "Wii"... the "Wii-Wii."

GM: "There's a reason she's called 'Technicality'."

OOC: "I have a great idea for a fantasy bard version of 'Fiddy Cent.' I was going to call him 'Ha'penny'."

Jay: "Does [Technicality] have the Inventor skill?"

Ross: *shakes head no*

Jay: "Good thing [Contained] does!"

Michael on the subject of using STR to resist Knockback.

"I can resist 4 inches.... That sounded really dirty."

GM: "Blacklight posters look really weird in X-Ray."

Koyotie to the asylum gate guard: "Remember those guys?" *motions to where a squad of grounds security had been* "Call all of them."

And a joke I may have posted before:

Refenestrator -- he throws windows through people.

As the OOC comments are getting out of hand, I jokingly threaten to drop rocks onto Josh's character to take him out of the game. He recites the 99-lives cheat code for Nintendo, and I declare that I'll just have to kill him 99 times.

Todd declares, "Oh my God! You killed Danaecus! You bastard!"

As Flora describes a holy magic spell she'd like to be building, out of her chosen element of ice, Josh declares, OOC, "Holy ice shards, Batman!"

The party takes some clerics to meet a captured demon, to prove demons aren't mere myth. He tells them to ask "George" whatever they like.

"How long have you been there?" asks one brave NPC.

George says, "Rar."

From last night's D&D game.

Yllek (male ranger) and Devlyn (female rogue) are still stuck in the pit trap, but have now been joined by Il'Marcum (male sorcerer) and Leila (female druid).

Yllek (to Devlyn and Leila): I still think the only way out of here is wild, torrid sex.

Leila (to Devlyn, gesturing at Yllek and Il'Marcum): So, do you want to watch the two of them go at it?

Finally out of the pit, and we defeat the big baddie. Searching her, among other things the DM says we find a "hair ring."

Il'Marcum: Is it red? If so, I think we should follow it. (Everybody but Yllek laughs.)

Yllek: WTF?! (Thinking this is the ol' "gazebo" effect in action) It's a hair ring!

Il'Marcum (patiently): I know. A "red hair ring"... (waits a few beats until Yllek finally gets the joke) Geez, any slower and you'd be in reverse!

Walking down the hall, Leila falls into a different pit trap, but transforms into a hummingbird to keep from hitting the bottom. Unfortunately, she couldn't fly back out before the trap door closed. After the rogue re-opens the trap door, Leila flies up and hovers in front of the party, still as a hummingbird. Specifically, in front of Yllek, who had almost hit her with a lit torch he had thrown into the pit, and she begins to angrily peck him on the nose.

Yllek: What's that, Hummie? Leila's trapped in the well?!

The heroes enter a room where an undead fighter waits. A spell goes off, making half of the heroes (Yllek, Devlyn, and Ryan) fall asleep instantly and leaving the other three (Il'Marcum, Aren, and Leila) to battle the beastie.

Il'Marcum (our very low-hit-point sorcerer): I use ventriloquism to make Yllek say "I cast Shield Other on the sorcerer!"

Remembered another one (ie - finally found my notes) from last week's game. I can't remember who said what, but one players made an OOC comment about a female PC "going evil on us..."

Male Player: "Hey, she can't go evil until she sleeps with one of us. That's the rule."

Female Player: "Eeney, meeney..."