Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest Major Tom

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

That is just so perverted.

Dr. Infinity's action with the viewfinder, I mean.

Major Tom :straight:

Plastron, in secret ID, goes to a rich kid to enact his plan to get revenge on rival Sam Adams High, which requires bribing a student there.

NPC: So can I do for you?

Plastron (Aka Mervin Spitzner): I'm poor.

NPC: Well, Mervin, you're a smart guy. Invent something scientific, sell it to Lawrence Industries, and live off patent rights for the rest of your life. It's what I'd do if I were you.

Plastron: No. I mean this week.

This is all OOC after a GM comment about something smelling like burning camel butt hair...

P1: the real wuestion is how do we know what burning camel butt hair smells like...

P2: Well, I've seen a camel before, but I've never felt the need to set its butt on fire...

P3: its finer than the silkiest of hairs....

P1: I'm not even going to ask...

P4: I missed you guys.

(we had to cancel a session recently)

Again, OOC....

P1: I've been keeping track of how long it takes for the first mention of a groin...

P2: so are we getting better?

P1: Well, it depends on your definition of better, but today it took less than 3 minutes...

P3: Yes, a new record!

P4: Yep, better.

And, while this did earn him an experience reduction....

Father Martin: Well, Chief, it looks like 5 metric tons of steel are going to be a problem. However, I believe we can further the negotiations. I'd like to instead offer an exchange of the 5 metric tons of steel for two ounces of lead. *BLAM*

Robin Fletcher: ..and once again, the priest begins the slaughter...

We ended up having to fight a bunch of Mechanon's minions as he was sabotaging the nuclear power plant. We stop them, but Mechanon gets away, and we barely keep the reactor from going up.

In the discussion after the fight, we talk about how we could deal with Mechanon (way over our point level).

At one point someone says "I have the solution - we feed him Vista. One power fluctuation with his non Vista complient hardware will cause a reboot."

I responed with "No we just wait a couple of day - his software hasn't been updated for the new daylight savings time - he'll be an hour behind. We can have all the heroes at the scene of his next attack an hour before he gets there".

Why would that earn him an XP reduction?

Because we were conducting peaceful negotiations and the character is supposed to be much more calm and reasonable than that. Basically, a small penalty for being out of character. The player (me) has occassional trouble with impulse control, creating situations that only make sense if the character occassionally had problems of a schizotypal nature. This was the 3rd such outbreak and first time penalty. :D Deserved, really.

Because we were conducting peaceful negotiations and the character is supposed to be much more calm and reasonable than that. Basically' date=' a small penalty for being out of character. The player (me) has occassional trouble with impulse control, creating situations that only make sense if the character occassionally had problems of a schizotypal nature. This was the 3rd such outbreak and first time penalty. :D Deserved, really.[/quote']Heh, sounds similar, though better, than a guy I gamed with. He created an American Indian archer who had a CvK (20 or 25 points) and his only attack was RKA. He didn't have any skill levels with it (or for penalty hit locations), though.

Going waaay back, and I unfortunately need to provide backstory.

Playing Mercenaries, Spies, and Private Eyes with a GM and one other player, and we were partners in a PI firm. A fluke die roll during character creation made my character a British Lord, and my partner moonlighted as a reporter.

The GM decided to turn it into a spy game, with my character contacted by the British government to do a covert mission. We did, and narrowly escaped on a British ship. At sea, the captain informed me that I *had* to kill my partner to keep him from reporting about the mission. No option, no matter what alternate solution I proposed.

So I met my partner on deck, intending to tell him we were going to jump overboard, when the captain took matters into his own hands and shot and killed my partner. The GM said the ship's crew were all pointing weapons at me, and the captain ordered me to drop my gun. Now I was *really* pissed off.

I stood up, put my left arm around my neck, pointed an imaginary gun at my head with my right (imagine the scene from Blazing Saddles).

Me: "One move and His Lordship gets it!"

GM: "Huh?!"

Me (OOC): "And that should be the response of every crewman!"

GM (rolls some dice and smiles smugly): "All but one. He aims his SMG and says, 'You're right, one move and he gets it.'"

Me: "I pull the trigger." End of game.

Going waaay back, and I unfortunately need to provide backstory.

Playing Mercenaries, Spies, and Private Eyes with a GM and one other player, and we were partners in a PI firm. A fluke die roll during character creation made my character a British Lord, and my partner moonlighted as a reporter.

The GM decided to turn it into a spy game, with my character contacted by the British government to do a covert mission. We did, and narrowly escaped on a British ship. At sea, the captain informed me that I *had* to kill my partner to keep him from reporting about the mission. No option, no matter what alternate solution I proposed.

So I met my partner on deck, intending to tell him we were going to jump overboard, when the captain took matters into his own hands and shot and killed my partner. The GM said the ship's crew were all pointing weapons at me, and the captain ordered me to drop my gun. Now I was *really* pissed off.

I stood up, put my left arm around my neck, pointed an imaginary gun at my head with my right (imagine the scene from Blazing Saddles).

Me: "One move and His Lordship gets it!"

GM: "Huh?!"

Me (OOC): "And that should be the response of every crewman!"

GM (rolls some dice and smiles smugly): "All but one. He aims his SMG and says, 'You're right, one move and he gets it.'"

Me: "I pull the trigger." End of game.

Ah, well, seeing where you live and having lived there before, I may have played with that GM. =) You poor fella...

Huh, wonder if we ever crossed paths... :D

Heh' date=' sounds similar, though better, than a guy I gamed with. He created an American Indian archer who had a CvK (20 or 25 points) and his only attack was RKA. He didn't have any skill levels with it (or for penalty hit locations), though.[/quote']

Well, actually, I don't have a Code versus Killing or anything of the sort. In fact, he's actually very good with his pistol (multiple levels, range modifier levels, etc.) and its not beyond his capacity to shoot someone. Its just that he's supposed to be level-headed, a negotiator of a sort, a former member of the arm of the catholic church that is often referred to in film that I have no idea of the name of.... the mysterious soldiers behind the scenes, investigating paranormal, etc.

I do have Code of Ethics and such, but we weren't being threatened, the deal was just going a bit sour, and I glitched... or reset to default mode, or whatever. It happens once in a while. I have aspirations of playing more complex characters, and I can do it, but occasionally (usually every few sessions or after a crappy week) I just get into a wacky mood and start doing whatever catches my fancy at that very moment as amusing, interesting, or in keeping with my action-hero wannabe thoughts. :rolleyes:

I call it an impulse control problem, maybe I'm just a crappy roleplayer, I dunno. :o

Don't beat yourself up too much man. I mean, you probably wouldn't have shot the guy if I hadn't done that whole show of hands thing.

"All in favor of violence?" Two, out of six hands go up...

Ultimately, the root of the problem isn't that you're impulsive, it's that you can't count ;)

Don't beat yourself up too much man. I mean, you probably wouldn't have shot the guy if I hadn't done that whole show of hands thing.

"All in favor of violence?" Two, out of six hands go up...

Ultimately, the root of the problem isn't that you're impulsive, it's that you can't count ;)

I tried to rep you, cuz that was funny, but I gotta spread it around and all that.. =)

And hey, it was three, not two... my hand went up. =)

Hehe, that reminds me of one of my players' characters who was both an innumerate who couldn't count and suffered from Triskaidekaphobia.

Player: "How many are there?"

Me: "You'll have to count them."

Player: Looking at me warily, "1, 17, 6..."

Me: "13."

Player: "Crap."

Guest Major Tom

You have NO idea. I didnt mention the HUUUUGE grin he gave afterwards' date=' either![/quote']

I take it that the good Doctor promptly took the gun-camera video footage

and squirreled it away somewhere for his future viewing pleasure?

Major Tom :sneaky:

My character was being possessed by the alien intelligence that gave him his superpowers. (It was actually a Psychological Limitation: Hunts mass-murders that was working as an Enraged, since he was like right there and threatening to murder millions.)

After the combat, they replayed the battle to show my character how great my character was (After all, Teen Heroes).

They replayed the first sentence that my character said in the alien language and ask for a translation.

"*******! I shall do onto you, what you do onto others."

None of the teens blinked at the profanity.

"Actually, a literal translation would be 'babyeater' instead of *******"

The GM winced, which was the effect that I wanted.

"Yeah, they had more colorful swear words than we do."