Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

An actual in-character quote this time:

Flora is from an area with little influence from the Church, and someone mentions the concept of blasphemy. She inquires what it is, and receives an inadequate explanation.

Later, an NPC mage raises dead clerics from the rubble of a church to help with cleanup. Father Danaecus glares at the mage, who whistles innocently and wanders away. Then Danaecus turns to Flora and says: "THAT was blasphemy."

Phalanx explaining to the long absent Promise the situation that they are currently trying to deal with.

Phalanx: Remember that Drug ring we took on about six months ago?

Promise: Yeah.

Phalanx: Well the situation didn't take care of itself.

From our campaign's mailing list:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Ross Watson wrote:

>That's right. Does anyone have a conflict with the 24th?

Yes. We're slugging it out right now and the bastard's trying to outflank

me, but I've sent in reinforcments from the 21st and the 22nd, and hope to

make the 24th my bitch by the 23rd.

Some small amount of background required for this....

Lab Rat is a teen superhero. While independently wealthy thanks to his inventions, he still lives with Mom and Dad, who know about the whole superhero thing. His Mom's supportive - after all, he could have gone villain - but his Dad is a little less understanding. He just wants a nice, normal kid... which leads to the following exchange between he and his therapist.

"I just want a normal kid, Doc... most teenage boys, they start experimenting, they smoke pot, sleep around, or start dressing up like girls! My son... he starts experimenting, and after the smoke clears he's off fighting VIPER Agents somewhere!"

"So... what you're saying is that you'd rather your son was a promiscuous transsexual junkie than a superhero?"

*long pause*

"Hang on a minute, I need to find a way to word this that sounds like I'm right again...."

Found some old quotes

Fun with Disadvantages.

OOC: “Hey, what does this say on my character sheet?”

Me, looking it over: “Um, illiterate.

Him: “Oh. What does it mean?”

Me, “You can’t read or write.”

Him: “I know that, but what does this [pointing at character sheet again] mean.”

I think he got offended when I burst out laughing. Turns out he wasn’t joking.

In his defense, he was on major pain meds from slicing his fingertip off with a band saw.

D

How to ruin a mood, 1

Running a prelude, trying to have the PCs get a feel for what their characters were doing before they hooked up as a team.

The Grim Avenger of the Night character is gliding across the night sky, when he spots some nice looking young lady getting attacked by some gang members. He swoops down, and in very short order, he demolishes the thugs and wanders over to check on the lady who’s looking at him with stars in her eyes.

“Who, who are you?”

“I’m Rick James, b****!” was probably not the best answer.

D

How to ruin a mood, 2

Different group.

We’re having a meeting with a powerful NPC to get one third of the artifact we need to kick the butt of the Major Bad Guy. She’s taken a shine to the Cat Guy and is chatting him up. The rest of us are sitting around her art gallery.

“But, but, he could Kill You. I don't want you to die.”

Me, interjecting, “Honey, please, we’re gonna beat him like a four year old in a Walmart.”

D

This weeks session of the New Freedom League campaign was particularly epic, both in what we did, and what was said. It was a loooong session, and several of the Players were in rare form.

Take a look...

--------------

The Widow (In an off-camera aside) *launches a lengthy and wild-eyed monologue about her need for revenge, and how hatred sustains her since Monarch "caused" the death of her husband by failing to save him from a fire ((before the campaign began)).

Troubleshooter(Semi-OOC): *sits up* ...*sniff sniff*....I smell "crazy"

Guardian Alpha (Semi-OOC)*simultaneously, to Monarch*: [ChrisRock] I told you that b*tch was crazy! [ChrisRock]

----------------------

Troubleshooter: You under-estimate me.

Monarch: I do NOT under-estimate you.

Troubleshooter: When we first met, what did you think the odds were of my "doing" Theresa Titan ((hot multibillionare villainess)) within three months?

Monarch: Truth is, I didnt give it a thought.

Troubleshooter: See? You under-estimated me.

Monarch: No. I over-estimated HER.

-------------------

GM: So, after two weeks of intensive effort, Guardian ALpha has been instrumental in saving the Fenri, and helping the canine-humanoid aliens relocate to a new planet with a stable star.

Troubleshooter (OOC): We can call that issue "Dog Star!" :D

Guardian ALpha (OOC): ....woof!

Monarch (OOC, at the puns): Oh my G*d....

Troubleshooter (OOC): Hey...I wasnt really Sirius

Monarch (OOC): *cries*

---------------

Guardian Alpha *sees a car covered in bright gold designs on red that vaguely resemble circuitry*: What, did Tron pimp your ride?

----------------

Monarch, in a very business-like manner, informs the Coroner, on-scene at the fiery car accident where Monarchs father was killed, that he will identify the body.

Coroner: Are you sure you want me to open the body bag?

Monarch (OOC): What, is it "Aunt Beru"?

-----------------

Troubleshooter *looking at clues left at the scene of a crime*: This man is borderline incompetent

Guardian Alpha: Lets run for the border!

------------------

Defender: *is rescued from overwhelmong odds by the arrival of the Freedom League*. I was really in trouble there. Then you all showed up, and I was so relieved!

Troubleshooter: Cool! At least we finally had that effect on someone!

-------------------

Monarch: Your voice just went up three octaves

Troubleshooter: Youre staring mental daggers at me. That makes my scr*tum shrink.

Monarch: ........Good to know.

---------------------

Troubleshooter: Its over, Widow. Its ALL over. And that secret project? Its coming down as we speak. (OOC): I have No idea what that is. But you KNOW shes got something else on the side she thinks we dont know about) ;)

----------------------

*Hideous man-spider combination appears from the hidden lab*

Monarch (OOC, sings): Drider-man, Drider-man!

Guardian Alpha (OOC, sings): Ugly, icky ol' Drider-Man! :D

-------------------

The Widow *to her assembled minions and villainous cohorts*: DEAL with him!

Troubleshooter: Girls with bigger t*ts than YOU have tried!

---------------------

Troubleshooter *is somehow alone in a room with three spider-themed supervillains and several agents, and he gets entangled. His plan? Activate a triggered item*: Code Antique Albino Albatross; Detonate!

Four ounces of C-4 *BLOWS UP! Doing a total 4d6 AP Killing Attack explosion ON TOP of Troubleshooter. His armor activates, and he takes 10 Body through the armor, but wins the Stun Lottery and is still on his feet*

Orb Weaver: Oh my G*d...

Troubleshooter *smouldering and bleeding, raises his two custom pistol*: Lady, I OUT CRAZY YOU!

---------------------

Troubleshooter *gets blown out the window. At the last second he grabd onto the window-washing rig he used to get into the building from, but still yells*: AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........ :sneaky:

------------------------

Mobile Suit E.X. Pilot: This room is full of agents. But if I use any of my Mecha's weapons, itll totally blow out this room

Troubleshooter: I dont think we need that room...

------------------

Longlegs (the Drider) *Opens his mouth and chomps down HARD on Guardian Alpha, trying to inject him with poison*

Guardian Alpha *takes no damage whatsoever*

Longlegs *Grabs his own mouth and winces* : Owwwwwwwww!:hush:

-------------------

Widow *sees the heroes overwhelmed. Looking contemtuously at Troubleshooter*: You may kill that one, Spinerette.

Guardian Alpha *Struggles to his feet and then throws off Longlegs, the giant Drider, and Tarantula, the eight foot tall, six-armed super-strong giant who had both had him grabbed*: You forgot who youre fighting, lady. We're the FREEDOM LEAGUE!

*GA then spanks her with his Atomic Vision hard enough to make her stagger*

------------------------

Monarch *sees Troubleshooter staggered, bleeding, and surrounded by -5- angruy villains. The rest of the team is engaged in fighting or is out.*: TS, got fuel in your pack?

Troubleshooter *a bit dazed*: ...yeah...

Monarch *Telekinetically hurls Troubleshooter out the 21st floor window*

Troubleshooter *on the way down*: ...Interesting

----------------------

Troubleshooter (OOC): Im not stunned. Im not unconscious. As I fall backwards, I flip the villain off :cool:

-----------------------

Monarch *gets blown out that same window a segment later*

Troubleshooter *casually*: ...Hey, Doc.

----------------------

Troubleshooter (OOC): Im falling, with one Stun left. The rest of the team is nowhere near you. I have NO idea whats going to happen to you.

Guardian Alpha (OOC)*surrounded by 6 angry super-villains who have been ordered by the Widow to kill him*: I dont either. But whatever it is, Im gonna need a new costume!

----------------------

Then there was that whole thing with the cargo net.........

Guardian Alpha *Struggles to his feet and then throws off Longlegs' date=' the giant Drider, and Tarantula, the eight foot tall, six-armed super-strong giant who had both had him grabbed[/i']*: You forgot who youre fighting, lady. We're the FREEDOM LEAGUE!

That's a great superhero quote. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure my GM never got around to posting this one, despite that fact it makes him laugh everytime he thinks of it.

One of our superteam is getting jumped by a Hunted while doing some solo investigation. They exchange salvos, and the GM announces the post-12 Recovery.

Me (in character to the teammate I'm working with, in the gravelly baritone I'd developed for Archipelago, a water/earth elemental brick): Someone's in trouble.

Teammate: How can you tell?

Me: I just got a Recovery.

PC: "Do you have any strange customs or laws that I should be made aware of?"

NPC Native: "No, no, I assure you I've lived here all my life and the customs and laws here are quite natural."

Obviously. But put the player up short. :D

Troubleshooter *is somehow alone in a room with three spider-themed supervillains and several agents, and he gets entangled. His plan? Activate a triggered item*: Code Antique Albino Albatross; Detonate!

Four ounces of C-4 *BLOWS UP! Doing a total 4d6 AP Killing Attack explosion ON TOP of Troubleshooter. His armor activates, and he takes 10 Body through the armor, but wins the Stun Lottery and is still on his feet*

Troubleshooter *smouldering and bleeding, raises his two custom pistol*: Lady, I OUT CRAZY YOU!

This one was my favorite. Repped.

Sometimes we can be pretty mean.

Karn the Destroyer, "the, um, one, two, three, four, five, six, um, seven. Seven of us can do this."

My wife, the GM, pulls out her wallet, and tosses me a buck, "He can count to seven, you win the bet."

D

This after-session scene occurred over Yahoo Messenger, when Prestige, after discovering her mother was queen of an entire magical dimension, went to Sarah's place.

Sarah looks up, and comes over to the window. "Oh...uhm...hi... " She says. "I was just working on my stepmom's birthday present. Come in.'

Prestige: "You know those fairy tales about the poor girl with a single parent who learns that her father is reallya megamillionair or where she finds out that she is really royalty in a far off dim...place....those stories really leave out the....complications that occur."

Sarah: "What?" She says. "All I did was build a shopping list drone. Yeah, fairy princess. Look at this...you type in the data, like this, and then it scans the vicinity for items that match the data, and it flies over, and you follow it around and do your shopping with it...cool...hu...FAIRY PRINCESS? BAWK?"

Sarah : "That's the best prank ever. You're not only a magician, you're a fairy princess with your own kingdom. So who's Prince Charming? If you tell me Mervin Spitzner, I'll be back after the barfing stops."

Prestige's face is dead serious." 'Prince Charming' would be who ever the divination spells say it is."

Sarah blinks "Excuse me?" She says. "All right...you are serious." She begins pacing back and forth. "So if the Divination spells say it's a gopher, you have to marry a gopher, and..." She's pacing and pacing. She turns on a sound suppression field. She looks like she needs to explode. "WAIT A MINUTE! Your marriage is ARRANGED BY A WIZARD? NOT EVEN BY YOUR FAMILY? Some twit in a pointy hat wiggles his fingers and says "Marry George!He's the one???"

Guardian Alpha *sees a car covered in bright gold designs on red that vaguely resemble circuitry*: What' date=' did Tron pimp your ride?[/quote']

:rofl:

Monarch, in a very business-like manner, informs the Coroner, on-scene at the fiery car accident where Monarchs father was killed, that he will identify the body.

Coroner: Are you sure you want me to open the body bag?

Monarch (OOC): What, is it "Aunt Beru"?

:lol: But requries someone to have seen Episode IV to get it, I think.

*Hideous man-spider combination appears from the hidden lab*

Monarch (OOC, sings): Drider-man, Drider-man!

Guardian Alpha (OOC, sings): Ugly, icky ol' Drider-Man! :D

"Does whatever a Drider can!"

The Widow *to her assembled minions and villainous cohorts*: DEAL with him!

Troubleshooter: Girls with bigger t*ts than YOU have tried!

Woo-Hoo! :snicker:

Troubleshooter *is somehow alone in a room with three spider-themed supervillains and several agents' date=' and he gets entangled. His plan? Activate a triggered item[/i']*: Code Antique Albino Albatross; Detonate!

Very cool. Reminds me of the early Dead Pool! :thumbup:

Longlegs (the Drider) *Opens his mouth and chomps down HARD on Guardian Alpha' date=' trying to inject him with poison[/i']*

Guardian Alpha *takes no damage whatsoever*

Longlegs *Grabs his own mouth and winces* : Owwwwwwwww!:hush:

Great improv by the GM!

Troubleshooter (OOC): Im not stunned. Im not unconscious. As I fall backwards' date=' I flip the villain off :cool: [/quote']

Even more reminiscent of Dead Pool. :D

I wish I could give REP to those involved, but I can only give rep to you. You'll have to pass it along.

Last night was the 20th Session of Shadows Angelus, as well as it's one year anniversary (game started on March 18th, 2006). Find out more at: http://surbrook.devermore.net/worldbooks/shadows/shadowsindex.html

Tyger: "I'm sure [Marcie] has a perfectly reasonable explanation for this."

Steve (OOC): "She's a woman...."

Jama's kris has a tendency to rattle in its sheath whenever danger threatens. Resulting in: "She set her kris to 'vibrate.'"

Comments on how bad the situation seems:

"Like streaks on the diapers of demons."

"Skidmarks on Satan's underwear."

The religious Order of Enoch has been entering mecha pilots into a local combat arena for training:

"It's Battlepope and the Electric Nun!"

Jama: "Hart has none and Davis's tongue is forked. A man of stone and a man of lies are leading us."

Michael suddenly does 2+2=5 and figures out an important plot point: "oh sh*t."

(This also caused the game to close about an hour early due to us jumping ahead in the plot a fair bit.)

Hemelshot to Brogan: "How'd you like to cause a disturbance in Internal Affairs? I know nothing about it."

"Tonight we pun in Hell!"

Millennium Guard interviews Captain Unity about some information

Magus: I can't think of anything else. Someone else ask some questions!

Gibraltar: I'll ask some questions!

Partacel: No, Gibraltar. Let Hyperdrive do it!

Gibraltar: Why?

Partacel: Because he asks questions logically!

-----------

Partacel: We could always ask Dr. Brutallo!

Shadowsilver: It sounds like an advice column. Ask Dr. Brutallo!

I REALLY like this one.

So did the GM. :D

This session as brought up the following:

Me: "I'm thinking I should buy Jama Deduction."

Everyone Else (GM included): "Why? you're doing just fine as is."

(Apparently, I've managed to derail the GM [or, at least, do the 2+2=5 stunt] several times during the game, forcing him to really stay on his toes plot-wise.)