Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

That wouldn't work. Those have to be rolled on the thighs of a virgin ;)

Yeah but do they specify the age and gender of this virgin?

Sounds like child slave labour to me .......

Great line though.

I wonder if you could create martial manouevres for the battle between the sexes. SCV - Seduction Combat Value.

"Roll Hips" +2 SCV +4 Seduction Damage Classes. (Increased chance of target being stunned) ;)

Yeah but do they specify the age and gender of this virgin?

Sounds like child slave labour to me .......

Great line though.

I wonder if you could create martial manouevres for the battle between the sexes. SCV - Seduction Combat Value.

"Roll Hips" +2 SCV +4 Seduction Damage Classes. (Increased chance of target being stunned) ;)

side effect on victim - destroys concentration :D

Since the Bunny hasn't posted it in this thread (though he did on General Roleplaying), a quote from the Arabian Adventures game at Genghis Con (Fantasy Hero, though with near-superhero level characters). I was playing Jamal the Swift, a very skilled street rat/roguish type. We were trying to decide what to do while in an underwater kingdom, with three different ways to go - the forge where the shark men were making weapons, the breeding room where the shark men eggs were at, or the throne room where the Warlord was at. The group was leaning towards taking the eggs hostage so we could get the Princess back, but were taking their time about it. Jamal, being overconfident, and knowing how tough his teammates are, decided to take matters into his own hands...

Jamil: I turn invisible.

GM: OK.

Jamil: Then I sneak into the room where the giant shark is guarding the eggs.

GM: OK, no problem; it doesn't see you.

Jamil: When the shark is on the other side of the room, I carefully, stealthily, pick up one of the eggs.

GM: Lucky you, the shark still doesn't notice you.

Jamil: Then I turn visible again and shout, "Ha! Stupid shark! Can't catch me!"

GM: Sure, you can... wait, what??? :confused:

Other Players: Say what??? :jawdrop:

Jamil: As soon as it sees me, I swim back down the hall as fast as I can, towards the others.

Other players: Say WHAT??? :nonp:

:rofl:

Since the Bunny hasn't posted it in this thread (though he did on General Roleplaying)' date=' a quote from the Arabian Adventures game at Genghis Con (Fantasy Hero, though with near-superhero level characters). I was playing Jamal the Swift, a very skilled street rat/roguish type. We were trying to decide what to do while in an underwater kingdom, with three different ways to go - the forge where the shark men were making weapons, the breeding room where the shark men eggs were at, or the throne room where the Warlord was at. The group was leaning towards taking the eggs hostage so we could get the Princess back, but were taking their time about it. Jamal, being overconfident, and knowing how tough his teammates are, decided to take matters into his own hands...[/quote']

How did he not get killed when his teammates got ahold of him? That's a criminal level of stupid right there. :)

Our Super characters were fighting a pack of velociraptors. They can't even scratch my brick's defense, but they're still pretty tough. The shadow-power character, who depends mostly on subtlety and not getting hit for defense, surveys the scene.

PC: I use my shadow teleport to appear under the semi.

GM: Uh... the raptors are swarming the semi.

PC: Yeah. I appear under the truck.

GM: There are raptors all around the truck.

PC: Yeah...?

GM: O-kaaaaay. You appear under the truck (rolling dice) The raptors make their perception rolls. (more rolling) And they make their teamwork rolls. (more dice) And, since you made a full move and appeared in the same phase they move, they make their multiple-attacker rolls and six of them swarm you.

My PC, speaking to the other PC's father: I don't know what happened. One moment she was standing next to me, and the next I heard screaming from under the truck and the raptors were making a happy meal out of her.

After finding her mangled body, my character became a vegetarian!

My PC' date=' speaking to the other PC's father: I don't know what happened. One moment she was standing next to me, and the next I heard screaming from under the truck and the raptors were making a happy meal out of her[/quote']

"I turned around... and she was gone!"

How did he not get killed when his teammates got ahold of him? That's a criminal level of stupid right there. :)

It's not as stupid when one of your teammates is "the strongest man in the world", who cut the shark in half with a single sword swing (a *7d6* killing attack!)...

How it would have gone down during Shark Week:

Jamil: I turn invisible.

GM: OK.

Jamil: Then I sneak into the room where the giant shark is guarding the eggs.

GM: OK, no problem; it doesn't see you... Unfortunately, your character did not know that sharks hunt by a combination of a highly developed sense of smell, electroperception and the ability to detect vibrations with their lateral lines. You are now known as Jamil the Stump.

:P

Last night's game. Our group was attacked by a pair of low grade demons, think human sized Ents and you get a pretty good idea of what they looked like.

Joah (Lobo-like character): I wrap my chain around it so it can't move.

GM: Ok...it tries and fails to break free.

Joah: Hook it to my bike and fly straight up until I can't go any higher.

GM: Ok, then what?

Joah: Leap off my bike and ride the demon to the ground like a surf-board.

GM: :nonp:...Ooook, I need everyone's dice to figure damage.

(Some time later)

GM: Joah, it almost killed you doing that, you know that right?

Joah: Yeah but it didn't so my character stands up lights his cigar, looks straight up and says "Can somebody fly me back up to my bike?"

One might think that being underneath a semi truck would confer significant defensive benefits like cover and limiting the number of melee attackers that can reach the character. IIRC, even the normal characters in Jurassic Park stuff can fend off dinosaurs for a bit by getting underneath their vehicles.

Session 11 of Daybreak Rising

Veskar describes a dream: "The flames coalesced into four figures..." **he pauses and corrects himself** "...five figures."

Several others: "Three, sir."

Veskar: "You think I didn't survive? You think I might be dead?"

Veskar: "Do you want me to turn over my weapons? Lock myself up? Wear a leash?"

Patris OOC: "He's the upper flaky crust of the Skaven community."

Martin on the ultimate game elements: "Monkeys with shotguns versus Nazi zombies."

GM: "[The suitor] exists."

Veskra: "Not for long."

Patris sums up his world view: "I am Sir Patris. I am afraid of no one or no thing."

Martin on the GM's thought process: "How much STUN can she take and still have it be funny?"

Zafi rolls a 16 on a 15- Activation: "I don't know what happened... usually that works!"

Shan Yu: "I abort to hide under the bed!"

The GM replies to the question of "DID I hear anything?": "It's a bunch of ninja and a shadow mage!"

Zafi describes a spell as two hands opening up a hole in a wooden wall.

Martin thinks for a minute [OOC]: "Goatse?"

Zafi OOC: "Except it's made of wood."

Martin OOC: "That's not making it any better."

[WARNING: If you don't know what 'goatse' is, don't look it up! Ignorance is bliss! You have been warned! If you must -- use wikipedia.]

Veskar rolls a 17 on his 'make an antidote' roll: "Here, use this."

GM: "[The NPC] goes into convulsions."

Veskar: "That's perfectly normal."

Ragnar OOC: "You're a petty, petty little man."

Patris OOC: "Yes I am."

Shan Yu sees the oncoming dragon turtle: "I don't think joint break is going to work on this."

Ragnar (maybe OOC): "A cockatrice is the more dangerous relative of the cockaduce."

Patris OOC: "I don't speak merfolk."

Martin OOC: "Do you speak whale?"

Suggestion to Patris on how to deal with the dragon turtle: "Why don't you romance the dragon, it worked for Donkey."

Shan Yu: "The shadow mage [a.k.a. Shan Yu] appears in front of Shan Yu."

Multiple: "Say what?"

Martin OOC: "He's bi-locating."

Martin OOC: "Do you have change for a cockatrice?"

Yeah' date=' the GM earlier described a small convertible sliding underneath the semi while trying to avoid the raptors. The shadow-powered PC was just using it to give her a shadow to teleport to, not to hide from the raptors.:doi:[/quote']

The cab of the truck would have considerably less clearance, I'd imagine. Or the areas around the wheels on the trailer would likely have a few approaches blocked. While the quote posted didn't specify exact locations, there are ways to interpret the stated action of teleporting under the truck such that it isn't completely stupid.

A bunch of PC's in my Black Powder Campaign are trying to approach a city without being seen. Some of them are less stealthy than others and try to get creative.

Sai. OOC. "Made it."

Marquis. OOC. "I failed my stealth roll but my shadowing is much better, so can I shadow Sai?"

Some quotes from the 1930's Masked Alliance campaign:

-----------

Mystarra (OOC): Hes "Half Iberian and half Muslim"? One's a place and one's a religion! Thats like saying "Hes half Jewish and half Canadian".

Captain Lightning (OOC): Then I guess he must work for Second City Television! :celebrate

------------

GM: Someone has to shovel the hippo sh*t. The monkey cant; the lion wont!

---------------

[Anarchaos is an organization of fanatical anarchists.

Yes, thats right. Thats what I said]

Deadly Fog [to the Agents of Anarchaos]: Your philosophy is STUPID. Choke on it. *Sprays them down with poisonous gas*

------------

Mystarra: WTF?!? Count Anarchaos poked me in the eyes!

Captain Lightning: Whats the matter, Count? Upset cause youre now the second craziest man on the field! :ugly:

-------------

Black Bat: You feel a lot of self-pity, for an inanimate object.

Aegis [the incarnate Shield of Athena]: You have a lot of experience at how much inanimate objects feel?

Mystarra: Thats it....Im never throwing away another pair of shoes!

---------------

Red Mole: No no. Im no good as a full Partner. You see, I make BAD decisions. But Im rubbery, so I can survive them...

-------------

Captain Lightning: Tactics wins battles. LOGISTICS wins wars.

--------------

Black Bat: Victor, how much experience do you have fighting giant mechanical men?

Victor King: None. There werent any on the Forest Planet, or the Fiery Moon. But if you meant giant -insects-, well, the Forest Planet is swarming with them...

Black Bat: I now know just where my next summer home is NOT going to be! :nonp:

-------------

GM: Isolde, Mystarra's Siberian Tiger, will run up to the base of the stop-light, where the civilian has "treed" himself, and roar in an attempt to scare him down.

Captain Lightning (OOC): Thatll sure scare -something- down from him! ;)

---------

[The GM has lost his blue vis-a-vis pen. His wife mocks him mercilessly for it]

GM: Leave me alone! Im the Ref! Youre supposed to respect and fear me!:(

Mystarra (OOC): Oooooo. Ahhhhh. :straight:

GM: Ill take what I can get! :king:

---------------

GM: I usually just wind up in a chair with a cat on my head...

-------------

Mystarra (OOC): Okay, so we want to raise money for charity, right? So Atlas Man is 9 feet tall. I say we take Atlas Man, sit him on a chair, and give him a bucket of fried chicken. Then we post signs saying "SEE THE AMAZING NINE FOOT MAN EATING CHICKEN!" :cool:

------------

Captain Lightning: So, which lead are you going to follow? The Berlin lead? Or the Bay City lead?

Black Bat: The Bay City lead is the more important. Those girls need rescuing.

Captain Lightning: And the Nazi's will still be in Berlin next week?

Mystarra: If not... then that problem's solved itself! :D

------------------

Mystarra: Do what you want. But as soon as you involve me, Im stealing your favorite sweater!

OOC chatter before this week's Via game: "Icy ground under Rastal!" (Said by Flora's player, after Rastal suggested turning over Flora's children as hostages.)

-------

Best out of context: "He died, and turned gay? :nonp: "

-------

Referring to a (disguised) demon's parentage, Rastal says, "He probably ate 'em."

-------

Daris explains to an NPC that "Bob"'s mother was killed by his father. She says, sympathetically, "That must have been very scarring."

Daris pauses. " . . . Yes." OOC, he adds, "For the mom."

-------

Daris, speaking OOC (I think): "When this entire adventure is done, I want it wiped from my memory."

-------

Assigning the demon a role in negotiations, Rastal tells Bob, "You be bad cop."

-------

Michael, the Messiah of Via, goes to the Heavenly Realm to deliver a message for Daris. He doesn't return. The party then travels for about two weeks. As the GM is talking about their arrival, Flora says, "Okay, where's Michael?"

-------

An NPC is asked for matchmaking services, and says, "Yes, I have wonderful taste in . . . men. :o "

After the others tease him for a bit, he blurts, "Well, I've never had an encounter with one turn sour, have I?"

-------

Daris, OOC: "Give me the sex and bear meat, or I'll go on a rampage! That was my original character concept, y'know."

-------

Flora (OOC): "She wants to fall in love again."

Rastal (also OOC): "There's a sailor just down the thing."

-------

Also best out of context, by Flora (mostly OOC): "I did not give birth to holy goats!"

Daris: "Baah."

Teenagers... :rolleyes:

"Now, who is behind all this? Where are they? And can I go hurt them now?" {Mole} asks the collective gathering of heroes.

"Hold up a hair, son," Diamond rumbles gravelly. "There seems to be plenty to go around...

Mole listens, and tries not to grin while he's doing it, .oO(YES! I'm getting told to pipe down by none other than Diamond himself! This is SO cool!)

In the not-too-distant past, 3E D&D, 3.5 hadn't hit yet...

My bard and the party's sorcerer are attempting to teleport to a certain known magic circle, that we've visited once. The teleport spell goes a bit awry, and we materialize within an unfinished magic circle being drawn by a wizard's young apprentice.

The wizard looks startled, the apprentice looks frightened, my sorcerer friend looks a little nervous as he starts casting Teleport again; my bard takes quick stock of the situation, looks the apprentice right in the eye and says:

"Give it up kid, this isn't the life for you."

As we're fading away we can faintly hear the wizard demanding of his apprentice, "What did you do!?"

Some of the best moments are absolute improvs... :winkgrin:

My group chose to finish up d20 this week in preparation for a move to Fantasy HERO. Our HERO's are on the run from the law again in Eberron and we need a sky ship to Xendrik fast. We contact the local Sky ship captain and meet in the most run down bar we have ever seen. Our party has two Druids, my Kid Rogue, and our Fighter leader, since the other two players (a Cleric and Wizard who are desperately wanted by the authorities) have made their own way across already. The conversation is as follows in the local villainous pub.

Captain: So Whats the cargo?

Fighter: The Kid over there, Two Druids, and no questions asked...:thumbup:

Its was said with such a strait face that the GM lost it and had to take a break to regain his composure.

STAR WARS references are always FTW!

In the same D&D 3E campaign as the previous story...

A stanger (who is a demon in human shape, summoned to assassinate my bard) arrives at the party's front door. This is a good way into the campaign, so there was a valid track record for the sorcerer's question:

Sorcerer: "Yes? What is it?"

Stranger: "I'd like to speak with Vydric Blackthorne, please."

[Pause]

Socerer: "Are you here to hire him or kill him?"

[Another pause]

Stranger: "I beg your pardon?"

Sorcerer: "Everyone who has ever come here and asked to see him has wanted to do one of the two. So, which is it?"

Stranger: "Well, if you must know...I've been snet to kill him, but I would prefer to discuss that with him in person, thank you."

Sorcerer: "All right, wait here, please."

(Ahh...that was a fun campaign!)