Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Prime decides to investigate the validity of someone claiming to be the real Johan Doyle (Prime's former self before he was "super-evolved").

After Prime violates a restraining order and gets the campus police at the university where "Johan Doyle" works a bit out of sorts, the team rescues the police and "Johan Doyle" from Prime.

With the unrepentant primate in tow, they board the Hippogriff and head back to their base.

These are some notes from their conversations while flying back to Alcatraz...

After Prime says that he is convinced that "Johan Doyle" is from another dimension, Lazarus mentions the possibilities of multiple dimensions with multiple Johan Doyles.

The Knight looks stunned then prays "Hail Mary. Full of grace..."

Lazarus brings up the idea of possibly cloning more Primes

Prime - "I could grow another from the tip of my tail then use the cosmic computer to download my memories into him."

The Knight - "No... absolutely not"

Prime - "Multiple Primes would make the city safer." to Lazarus "Thank you for the excellent idea."

The Knight to Lazarus - "Now look what you have done."

Prime - "Just imagine how safe the city with be with 20 Primes, maybe 2000, a Prime on every corner helping keep the city safe."

Prime when asked if he could clone the Knight - "He has no regeneration, but if he would be willing to sacrifice a finger or two, I could see what I could do."

Lazarus to Amethyst when she boards the Hippogriff - "You should hear our latest idea."

The Knight - "Take some Pepto Bismol first"

Amethyst after Prime explains they were discussing cloning more of him - "No, we don’t need another Prime. One is enough."

Prime - "All my experiments have worked perfectly."

The Knight - "It amazes me that you can say that with a straight face."

Prime - "The sensors here at the base can be easily subverted."

The Knight - "Why? Have you subverted our security systems, thus allowing our enemies to spy on us?"

Prime - "I did not say I was doing it, I just said someone with my heightened intellect could easily do it."

Prime - "I will run the genetic tests and check into the cloning."

Amethyst - "Genetic tests, yes... cloning, no"

Tonight's game. Cyberpunk with low level Powers. 5 Players, 6 Characters.

Sergei (Fixer): It's a very specific kind of bondage.

Tweezer: Way more than three stooges.

Tweezer (OOC): Following the wandering accent (as one player keeps changing accents, sometimes mid word)

Tweezer: You know you've hit rock bottom when you hire yourself out to the guys with $2000 porcelain fangs.

GM: While you guys are swinging your OCD D- around. . . *turns to other players*

The demon Bob, having access to helpful information, leads the party into the very heart of all of their troubles. Luckily, he knows a secret entrance.

Daris says, "I suppose this means Bob's our new leader."

Flora quickly protests: "No! You're our leader; Bob's leading the expedition."

---------

Daris relates his lineage to the newcomer, who wants to know how long heroes have been around. "It's the 'begats' of our adventuring group," mutters one player.

---------

Flora says, of the marching arrangement: "Us girls will be in the back. Including Mr. Williams."

---------

As Flora bemoans her fate, Rastal remarks, "Here we go again. We're back to square one, dammit!"

Due to factors outside our control, the normal Champions game was cancelled Sunday night. But a bunch of us played Kung Fu Fighting, a fun card game. I've found it's more fun to play the game as if I'm in a really bad martial arts movie.

Me (bad Asian accent): I do a Flying, Spinning attack with my bamboo pole...

Alyssa (my daughter): You're doing a pole dance?! :doi:

My friends' daughter Erin has just "killed" her brother Jonathan, and he's a little upset.

Me (still bad Asian accent): Ah, do not worry, Jonathan-san! I will avenge you!

I'm counting out cards as I take them, and am doing another bad accent, this one non-asian.

Me: wan, tew, three...

Katie: What, now you're French?!

Me (placing each card on the table): I attack Susan with a Flying, Magnificent Punch!! Hu-waaaaaaa!!!

Alyssa: (changes the order of the cards I put down): No, it's a Magnificent Flying Punch. Sounds much better that way.

This just in -- a series of lines from Shadows Angelus session II that I wasn't able to write down:

Mitch: [Approaches Diedre about the use of excessive force. Before he can speak...]

Diedre: "Sir. If this is about the use of excessive force, you can shove it up your finely-sculpted damn ass."

Mitch: "... I-"

Diedre: "I don't want to hear it, Sir! You've got a people-eater and a house-burner! Why don't you yell at them?"

Mitch: "This isn't about them, it's about you."

Diedre: "Well, I don't want to talk about it."

Mitch: "You don't have to. You're going to listen."

Diedre: "I'm not listening then." [sips tea]

Mitch: "You can't go around shooting normal people with-"

Diedre: "Normal? These are the Gucci-Goos! They've always got an entity, some dark foul magic, cyborg or something worse. They're shootin' cop-killing bullets, murdering innocents, and blowing up orphanages! Why do I need written permission to whipe my own ass now!?"

[Applause from audience in the hallway.]

Several other female PCs then agreed that yes, Lieutenant Mitch Brogan does have a finely sculpted ass. :D

Note: to really get the joke: read the quoted section at the bottom first.

This was done by messenger:

GM (Me): there is a matchbook.

P1: From where?

GM (Me): Az Kék Papagáj.

P1: I can't even pronounce that - Falcon tosses it.

P2: Wait a minute, Az Kék Papagáj?!

GM (Me): That's right.

P1: Ward, fill me in.

P2: It's Hungarian for The Blue Parrot!

P1: Since when do you speak Hungarian?

P2: I don't. Google does.

GM (Me): So, are you guys going to The Blue Parrot?

P1: Dave, you're an ass.

P2: Nexus looks in the matchbook-

GM (Me): How so?

P2: Mark, we *are* in Hungary.

P1: My character speakes Hungarian. I don't.

GM (Me): Actually, Falcon doesn't.

P2: I don't speak German, either, but we get matchbooks in it.

P1: Yeah, like Der Blaue Papagei. The Blue Parrot. He won't freaking let it go.

GM (Me): Let what go, Mark?

P2: Its not like its hard to recognize.

P1: That's the point. Its always the same damn name. Always the Blue Parrot. I know he doesn't do this when other people are playing. They get clues that take them somewhere other than The Blue Parrot. The Green Bannana, or something. All I-

P2: So do we go or do you bitch?

P1: get is the blue-

P1: Yeah. Let's go. I wouldn't want to miss a clue.

GM (Me): Hey, Mark?

P2: WHAT?!

GM (Me): Big Red.

I have to admit: I will use the Green Bananna at some point!

I had one player who was very clear headed about plots and clues and what was happening, and one player who would leap to fantastical conclusions, often based on weird tabloid and movie plots he was projecting onto my game in the same group. And sometimes he'd just lock into the insignificant like a rabid dog and not let go. The problem was, weird projectionist player usually had more of a following among the other players in terms of convincing them to pursue his wild "leads" than the player who generally had laser-vision in terms of everything that was going on. After a while, I got so tired of the main group running off in wild directions while two or three characters conducted the "real investigation" that I started coming up with some truly bizarre plot twists to keep the group together.

I remember one scene where these two players were the only ones with characters present:

The players find the body of a freshly murdered enemy agent. Its clear from the circumstances someone else got to him before they could question him. From the set-up of the room they piece together the fact he had been sitting at the kitchen table having coffee and rye with his killer (he obviously knew them!) before they shot him in the head, point-blank, across the table. There was bubblegum-pink lipstick on the cup that wasn't his, and on the cigarette stub (chesterfields, incidentally) that was facing the shooter's seat. Next to the "guests" saucer is a matchbook the killer used to light their cigarette from the BLUE PARROT nightclub that had the victim's address written inside. Careful examination reveals a long platinum blond hair wedged into a crack in the chair.

None of this was terribly subtle. Laser vision player concludes: we're looking for leads on a PLATINUM BLOND wearing BUBBLEGUM PINK LIPSTICK at the BLUE PARROT. Sure, it could have been a crossdresser, or a wig, or a crossdresser in a wig, but essential thesis was sound. And the killer could be headed back there. Time was of the essence. Laser vision player announces: "To the Blue Parrot!"

Weird projectionist player insists they search the victim first. Laser vision player, impressed with weird projectionsists uncharacteristic thoroghness, approves wholeheartedly. He later told me, since the victim had stolen classified documents they wanted to retrieve, that weird projectionist player might have been looking for them. I thought the same thing.

WP: "What's in his pockets?"

GM: "Which pockets?"

WP: "His pants pockets."

--his coat was hanging on the coat rack (as described). Laser vision goes to check it. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

GM: "Just knick-knacks. Normal pocket stuff. Nothing important."

WP: "But what, exactly?" (It seems he decided "nothing important" was me being coy)

GM: "Two dimes, a nickel, and three pennies. Some string and a pack of gum." (there that should do it)

WP: "What kind of gum?"

GM: "...Big Red?" (I had been chewing it earlier in the game...)

WP: "What?! No one chews Big Red. Its a clue!" (and he's dead serious)

LV: Drops his forehead into his hand with a groan.

GM: Sits in stunned silence, staring at the pack of BIG RED next to his dice.

WP: "Are there newstands around here? Corner groceries? Places people could buy gum."

GM: "Yeah..."

LV: "Why?"

WP: "You know how dave is. This is a clue. We need to follow up on this right now!"

LV: "We need to go to the Blue Parrot..." (gives me a desperate look) "Otherwise the killer could get away. We'll follow up on the Big Red after that."

WP: "No! This is time critical!" (he's getting upset)

LV: (exasperated) "Fine. I'll call the team and head to the Blue Parrot. You check the stores for Big Red!"

So now weird projectionist is off searching for clues related to Big Red chewing gum while the rest of the team is heading like madmen to the Blue Parrot... the thing is, he was so rabid about pursuing the clue after all reason would indicate it was a dead end (not to mention the other players all shaking their heads and telling him: "its not a clue, dammit"), that I finally gave up and had a mousy old woman who watched everything in the neighborhood drop some information I otherwise wouln't have given out just to get him back on track. Ugh!

It became a running joke in my group. When one of the players would come up with something completely unrelated to the plot (so much so that I couldn't twist it in), I would just say: "Big Red."

That would be enough to tell them they were on the wrong track

Guest Major Tom

Sound like a great name for a gay bar.

Especially if it's on Mars.

Major Tom :D

Selected comments from a couple of games....

-------------------------

The Maiden's Honor (Napoleonic Fantasy)

Father Covington (OOC): So, what kinds of books are in this sitting room?

Captain Raven Blackheart (OOC): "The Noblewoman's Guide to Street Strumpet Sex"?

GM: :rofl:

------------------

Capt. Blackheart (OOC): If theres a Nintendo here in the palace, do they call it "The Royal Wii"?

-------------------

Father Covington: I expect to take a LOT of confessions, after THAT shore leave!

Capt. Blackheart: I doubt anyone feels guilty about what theyve done...

--------------------

-------------------

The New Titans campaign

GM: So, youre saying that Canadienne is being very "blonde"?

Canadienne (OOC): She has a different kind of "density" power

---------------------

Lady Midnight *ominously, while tormenting Fusion in a darkness field*: We are here to let you know that certain parties wish you to stay out of their business!

Neutron: We have e-mail...

-------------------

[Canadienne, a Supergirl-type, has used a thunderclap hand slam against the darkness villains, blowing out half of the 35th floor in the process]

Canadienne: Whats going on? I cant see! Did I get them? Tell me whats going on so I can help some more!

Feline Fury: Oh Jeezus! *Dives for cover*

-------------------

Feline Fury: We didnt take a trophy from that fight, did we. We more just....slunk away.

-------------------

------------------

Legends Born Fantasy

[Please bear in mind this is an EPIC LEVEL game. The PCs had recently defeated an army of well-armed Yuan-Ti]

Seth: I dont have that ring anymore.

Kethri: Which ring?

Seth: The one that let me turn invisible

Kethri: Why not?

Astra (OOC): There were these nine men in black robes...:cool:

-----------------

Imet (OOC): Okay, I take the Naga "snake armor" and the Dragon-hide armor, and I cast a "Commune"

GM: Ok

Imet (OOC): I ask "Is using any of this armor inherently an act of evil?"

GM: The answer is "Yes."

Imet (OOC): Ok. I seperate out Astra's Dragon-hide armor, and ask specifically about that.

GM: The answer is "No."

Imet (OOC): Good! Okay, I get 22 more of these questions, so I divide the remaining armor itno two piles, and....Or is this leading to "I am the Hound Archon of Annoying Yes-or-No Questions. How may I help you?" territory

------------------

Imet (OOC): *sarcastically* Awwwwww...we only have slightly less that THREE DOZEN +1 Keen Scimitars left! That was a cr*ppy plan! :rolleyes:

-----------------

Imet (OOC): Would Kurasha like an adamantine spiked chain? We have FORTY! This one might fit...

-------------

[Remember, this is an Epic level game. Prior to treasure division, Astra, at 22nd Level, had slightly over 900 gp]

Imet (OOC): Okay, each share is....556,575 gold pieces! :shock:

Astra (OOC): ...I no longer feel broke

GM: GOOD!

---------------

Imet (OOC): Its a non-offensive spell. Okay...it doesnt do damage. Its really a pretty offensive spell!

----------------

[We had just spent several minutes while the GM was setting up, doing basic calculations to determine how many 1st thru 3rd level soldiers each of our characters could wipe out. Then Seth told us he had to leave town...]

Imet (OOC): Im not certain how to do the math to figure out exactly how many women Seth can get mad at him, but Im pretty certain its in the 20- to 100-thousand range

-------------

Kethri: Itll be OK. King Tyrion is a friend of ours, Seth. Hes a really great guy! Hes not all stuffy and uptight. Hes even got a really hot wife!

Seth: How hot?

Kethri: Shes pretty smokin. She...HEY!!:tsk:

------------------

Imet: I was just speaking with your High Priest, yesterday. Bhob and I had a great time catching up.

Idara (Priestess of the God of Magic): Y-you call the High Priest of Isharra "Bhob"?!?

Astra: Theyve been a long time out of seminary school. Calling him "Scooter" wouldnt seem appropriate ;P

---------------

Autumn, the Elven Elder: *Cocks her head to one side and listens intently*

Kethri: *Slips up and presses her ear to Autumn's other ear, trying to listen in on what Autumn hears*

----------------

Imet: No! It could be a trap! There could be assassins! They... *Looks again at his comerades, and realizes just how freaking powerful we have become*...GO! :D

Just remembered another one from last week's Champions game. Enigma & Inertia have both decided to pose for Uncaped. (A surprise to me who originally mentioned Uncaped as a throw-away). We play out them meeting with and being interviewed by Farquahr (the publisher). Then...

GM: "OK, and then you go in for the actual photo shoots. Everything's done very tastefully and professionally..."

Ghost-Angel: "I'm assuming you don't want us to roleplay this part?"

GM: :nonp: "Good assumption. Thanks."

Discussing what to tell the Doctor about Lauren's strange wounds:

"She tripped...alot." - Cornelues

This player (can't remember who, think it was Zach) left his weapon behind.

Player- "Charlie, I need a piece"

Stewart(Rob): "Now is not the time for getting a piece from Charlie."

During a battle with an icky demon

"so are you going to abort to dodge?" - Brad (G.M)

"if it's going to eat me, yes" - Rob

"it just looks like it's going to claw you in half" - Brad

"oh well, in that case..." - Rob

Cornelues had been clawed by the demon (which Lauren was unconscious for)

"what happened?" - Lauren

"I tripped" - Cornelues

"Alot?" - Lauren

"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you two, but I'm the representative from an aquaintence of Nabo and i'd like to inquire about possible rare music media you have for sale. And I'd also like to take this opporotunity to tell you both that I find dwarvish ladies smoking hot."

- Drago the Ork.

The player of Castilla (female rogue-type character) couldn't make it to the last session. When a big fight with a giant monster broke out, I handed her charsheet off to another player ('cause I didn't want to deal with another NPC).

Player1: So how am I supposed to play her?

Player2: Castilla is really simple. If she can't sleep with it, she steals from it. If she can't steal from it, she complains about it.

Player1: Ah. So for this combat, she'll just complain.

Player2: Pretty much, yeah.

:rofl:

Guest Major Tom

Originally posted by input.jack:

Captain Raven Blackheart (OOC): "The Noblewoman's Guide to Street Strumpet Sex?"

No doubt sitting on the bookshelf next to the copy of "Pimping For Dummies".

Major Tom :eg:

G-Man: "Are you here to start trouble?" Stands and flexes his cybernetic arm, "Cause if you're here to start trouble; I'm gonna put you down."

Drago: "No, I am here to pick up a music disc, and to enjoy this soy beer; but that zoned out Troll over there is going to rip your arms off."

G-Man: "Oh Shi-"

Drago: "Try to keep the blood away from my beer, M'kay?"

With the scheduled DM tonight rather tired ... intending to rest, but got called in to substitute-teach P.E. (!) ... instead of D&D, we played a game called Empire Builder, which is a railroad-building and commodity-trading game.

"This game makes Monopoly look lightning-quick ..."

At one point, we noticed that one could acquire both Uranium and Cattle from the same city (Calgary).

"Calgary beef. A shelf life of 7 days, a half-life of 4000 years."

"Don't make the bull angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry."

"We don't give our cattle hormones. We don't NEED to."

From last weeks Kingdom City campaign, the party is being entertained by the local Færie duke, in an effort to get the southern gate moved somewhere less troublesome (ie. not in our city). The Gunny has negotiated a deal that would accomplish this, but he first needs to complete three tasks for the duke, and he feels that he could use the help of the rest of the party.

The Gunny: Well, I think I've worked something out, but...

The Spectre: I want a Zeppelin.

The rest of the Party: :nonp:

The Spectre: No one does Zeppelins any more. I'm feeling nostalgic.

Later...

The Gunny: So, that's what we need to do. Can I count on your help?

The Spectre: I'll do it, but only if you do something for me in return.

The Gunny: What's that?

The Spectre: You build me a Zeppelin.

Missed most of last week's games, alas. Moving/cleaning/sleeping like the dead. Nonetheless, here are some snippets preserved for me, and others made during my brief periods of consciousness.

The climax of the plot, The Edge team arrive in the middle of a pitched battle between Chinese supers and the bad guys.

Trawler
: "ah good, there's nothing here that can hurt me. "

Terminus
: "apart from the needle rifles, rending claws, and crustacean leaders?":confused:

Trawler
:"ok, nothing here can hurt me, apart from the bad guys"

I arrive, and Weldun brings me up to speed on events.

"oh, by the way there's a Naga that's just taken 14pts off your mental defence. Pull up a seat"

Zero tries to mind-blast in retaliation, and misses entirely.

Globulus
: "pathetic human - let me show you how you really do it"

misses

Zero
: "yes, that IS how I do it!"

The group's APC 'The Flying Brick' is parked on top of the Bald Girl With Long Hair.

Zero
hopefully
* : "any chance we've got that beefed-up suspension that'll let me bounce the APC on her?"
:rolleyes:

"NO"

I return from the kitchen, bearing my wife's dinner, and singing

"Iiiiiit's a cheap pasta dish,

Made with cream sauce and fish,

Tuna mornay"

My Significant Other was in fine form that even too.

GM
: "So, Zero, you're after a girlfriend"

My wife,
3's
player : "3's available"

*earns dirty look from me, who plays both
Zero
and
Vitus
's former owner *

GM: "you're trying to find a way to piece together a shattered mind"

My wife : "Crazy Glue?"
:D

Lord Hellespont
: "I require that you find the Princess of Sylphs"

3, OOC
: "She's in another castle"

Hellespont also wants the Ogre King dealt with.

Vitus
ears pricked hopefully
: "Someone needs killing?"

The Gunney
, to
Lord Hellespont of the Fae
: "I begin to realise that your system of ethics differs from my own."

Vitus
drifting past and stabbing at a plateful of foodstuffs
: " *I* could have told you that..."

The Spectre
: "Actually I HAVE committed a crime - I faked my death certificate. "

GM
: "But that's covered by the statute of limitations "

The Spectre
: "True, it was 97.
97."

The Spectre
: "How do I conceal a zeppelin?"

Vitus
: "In a flock of other zeppelins?"

Party discusses Fae menaces to avoid, including the Redcap, unbeatable unless you can get it to eat itself foot first.

The Gunney
: "I'm just finding the concept of somebody ELSE, and not a party member , with foot in mouth, ...."

"appealing?"

The Gunney
: "yes, very appealing"

E Magister
: "That weakness is part of the Redcap's nature"

The Gunney
: "It's part of a deer's nature that they die if you blow away half their ribcage"

Vitus
: "Most things are like that"

The Spectre
: "Hell, even *I* have that nature"

"My father, even with the entire Hunt, has never dared face the Redcap"

E Magister
- "No sane man would." *
turns to
Orca
* "So, are you up for it?"

Party pause for refreshments - in Fae :eek:

"have you ever had goblin cuisine?"

Vitus
: "boiled or fried?"

E Magister tries to avoid Fae traps of obligation by requesting "Cold water from the fastest mountain stream" instead of Goblin cooking, or Goblin Ale, and finds himself ensorcerelled anyway.

GM
: "The food was paid for. The ale was paid for. The water was not"

E Magister
: "...."

The Specter
: "sorry man, you just outwitted
yourself
"

And from a previous session, Terminus falls victim to my wife's Smut Field

"I pull out my Staff of Power..."

sniggers
:snicker:

"I extend it to full length and grab it with both hands..."

other players helpless with laughter*
:lol:

sadly
* "The saddest thing about this is that it's only three Inches long..."
:(

Guest Major Tom

I guess it goes without saying that we're all going to be prickly with an-

ticipation to see what Terminus' next episode of FIM disease winds up

being.

Major Tom :eg:

More quotes from the Legends Born epic D&D game...

-------------

[Kethri's Player starts to ask an NPC a question, but begins stuttering]

Kethri (OOC): Heka...Heka...Hek-Heka-Hekasherat...[/shakakhan]

-------------

GM: This Temple to the river God Crotekh prays to Crotekh to appease his wrath, and to provide safe passage for ships on the river.

Astra (OOC): So...its a Crotekh-tion racket! :D

------------

Imet (OOC): I approach their Temple boldly; Holy Symbols a-swingin!

------------

Imet: A war with the Scarlet EMpire is coming.What perparations has your Temple made?

Astra (OOC): Everything's packed and ready to go!

--------------

Kethri (OOC): They wont build the boats for Crotekhs men? Thats a kind of racism

Astra (OOC): No, its sects-ism ;P

-------------

GM: I need four large animal figures

Imet (OOC): Ive got three Bullettes and a Bantha

Astra (OOC): Sounds like a sitcom!

------------

[The pre-game included a toast in honor of E. Gary Gygax]

GM: Ive either had too much whiskey, or not enough

--------------

GM: You are attacked by...

Imet (OOC): A sand Abboleth

Kethri (OOC): A Sabboleth!

Astra (OOC): A Black Sabboleth! :rockon:

---------------

GM: DEFINATELY not enough whiskey :nonp:

----------------

Kethri: I am the Prophet of unplanned unconsciousness!

-----------------

GM: You're the big healer on the map, Imet.

Kethri (OOC): He looks like Michael Clarke Duncan! No matter what map hes on, he's the Big Whatever on it! :D

More quotes from the Legends Born epic D&D game...

------------

[The pre-game included a toast in honor of E. Gary Gygax]

GM: Ive either had too much whiskey, or not enough

--------------

GM: You are attacked by...

Imet (OOC): A sand Abboleth

Kethri (OOC): A Sabboleth!

Astra (OOC): A Black Sabboleth! :rockon:

---------------

GM: DEFINATELY not enough whiskey :nonp:

I hope these three followed in close order? :P Or at least those last two?