Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I think you need to read the story about the Head of Vecna.

You realize that the Head of Vecna was perpetrated by one group of PCs on another group of PCs, not by the GM, right?

Many years ago (back when we all were still playing D & D), I ran a game where I pitted two groups against each other.

Several members of Group One came up with the idea of luring Group Two into a trap. You remember the Hand of Vecna and the Eye of Vecna that were artifacts in the old D&D world where if you cut off your hand (or your eye) and replaced it with the Hand of Vecna (or the Eye) you'd get new awesome powers? Well, Group One thought up The Head of Vecna.

I'm not sure that your example is proving exactly what you think it is.

We love the GM' date=' but we hate the GMing sin. So it's not a personal attack. And reacting to it as a personal attack will only pour gasoline on the flames.[/quote']

Well, CC did open with "That is officially sh*tty GMing." I'd have taken it as a personal attack on my GMing style myself.

His second response had more in the way of actual useful feedback, but still carried an uncalled for level of hostility (direct accusations of cheating, not allowing the players to control their own acts and so forth).

The story related was not even close to the Head of Vecna. In the scenario painted, the character's (not player's) decision to kill himself to save others was rational and heroic.

Rational in what way? The player is choosing to take the word of an unknown but obviously hostile entity in a CoC campaign; not exactly the brightest of moves. Had it been a hijacker rather than a ghost, would you have believed it? What about it being a ghost makes the suggestion more believable? The original player, according to the original quote, evaluated his character's action as crazy.

For the GM to retroactively change the plot so this heroic action would fail is on the same level of quality of play and fairness as the player, after the GM reveals the sacrifice didn't work, poring over his character sheet and saying "oh, oops - I didn't have any ammo, so I guess my character must have pulled the trigger and pretended to die". In other words, any similar approach where the player tries to back his character out of an already committed action because he doesn't like the consequences.

Now, if the characters had the opportunity to discover that the truthfulness of this creature's claims and bargains were suspect, that's a different story. In CoC, that discovery could have come from research or investigation, and if the players failed to do their homework, and suffered as a consequence, that's part of the game. But the GM retroactively changing the scenario because he dislikes the outcome of PC actions is no different from the player trying to retcon an action because he has discovered the consequences are not to his liking. GM cheating in this manner is no more acceptable, at least in my opinion, than player cheating.

You're not actually there, but this is pretty close to saying that the GM shouldn't ever change the pre-written plot. Heck, with the way the original message read, I suspect that the words of the ghost were an off-the-cuff improv by the GM, who probably didn't expect the PCs to it at face value, so I don't know that it would be an actual retcon anyway.

I can't say for certain how I would have reacted to the scenario given as a GM, but I doubt I would have followed either the OPs or GloryFox's. One variation that pops into my own head is that the creature was lying, as GF suggested, but that the character that shoots himself isn't truly out of the action. After all, you've got one vengeful ghost running about. Who's to say a ghost can't be wanting vengeance against another ghost? This allows the original plot to continue without completely screwing over the player of the suicidal character.

GloryFox, I would say some of us have issues with your style of GMing. Whether you take that as a personal attack is something only you can control, not us.

Criticisms could have used a bit less vitriolic language.

By dismissing our concerns, you attack our playing and GMing style to an equal or greater extent we have attacked yours.

I don't think he was dismissing your concerns. Rather, he was attempting to defend his own position and his reasoning behind it.

There is a tradeoff here. The GM now needs to think on his feet, or call the game 15 minutes in. To me, the good GM will be able to think on his feet and keep the game going and/or will have his game planned well enough in advance that a diversion forward in his plans (eg. "well, that scenario took a lot less play time than I was expecting") will not cripple his ability to keep playing (ie he can move along to the next scenario). No, calling the game 15 minutes in is not adding to the fun. But neither is invalidating the ability of the player/characters' decisions to have an impact on the course of the game.

Not all GMs are equally proficient at thinking on their feet. In fact, some of my worst gaming experiences have been as a result of GM improv. This from GMs who were actually very good at running pre-prepared scenarios (either their own or someone else's). Near as I can tell, the ghost was the central plot of the entire scenario. Expecting even a good GM to completely make up an entire evening's scenario (6+ hours for my group) off the top of his head (even with a 15 minute break) is a pretty tall order.

To Crosshair Collie, and to me, calling the game after 15 minutes is the lesser GM sin.

To me, it would suck. After all, I drive 30-45 minutes (depending on traffic) to get to the game and another such to get back home. I'd feel pretty ripped off to have driven all that way to get in only 15 minutes of gaming then have everyone told to turn around and go home. Likewise, unless the GM is great at improv (not merely good), I'd be surprised if a completely improved scenario left me with a satisfactory gaming experience. I've gamed under GMs who could improv significant portions of a scenario, but not the whole thing. Even then, it tended to require heavy player-initiated action. More than just a single spur-of-the-moment action of questionable validity.

Anyway, I've gone well beyond my original point: Disagreeing with someone's GM/playing style is one thing; telling them that they're a sh*tty GM is another. So, unless this is moved to another thread, this will be my only post on the topic as I think we've derailed this one enough.

The other solution is to say"Um' date=' let's take a break for 15 minutes while I figure out the full ramifications of this." Yes, it breaks the flow of the game, but it does it less than calling it 15 minutes in, and far less than railroading.[/quote']

Repped.

The occupational hazard of GMing for smart players is the occasional quick resolution of what was planned as an all-nighter. Many's the time I (or another of us, depending on who was running the game) had to call a 15-minute break to plan an alternative adventure. That was usually a good time for someone to make a quick run to the shoppette for more sodas, snacks, or whatever.

Repped.

The occupational hazard of GMing for smart players is the occasional quick resolution of what was planned as an all-nighter. Many's the time I (or another of us, depending on who was running the game) had to call a 15-minute break to plan an alternative adventure. That was usually a good time for someone to make a quick run to the shoppette for more sodas, snacks, or whatever.

We've had this in our local gaming group. We never managed to totally derail the plot (although we came close), but I did manage to force the GM to call an end to the session about an hour early due putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. :D

Not a mod but...[see quote]

Well, I AM a moderator, and your quote of "Be Nice" is still the way to go.

Seriously folks, please keep it cool, please keep it polite, and if I may suggest, if you want to debate styles or priorities in GMing and what makes it good or bad etc etc, perhaps starting a new thread would be more appropriate (assuming of course, everyone involved can be cool about it).

Thank you.

Then quietly change the end plot line in my head.

Allow me to demonstrate how you can salvage this and still have the lying unreliable undead to still be telling the truth without screwing the players.

Seems to me there are several objectives here.

1) To get the players to engage in research.

2) To prolong or play out several well planned out situations for the players to enjoy.

3) To not end the game within 15 minutes for the people who drove 30-45 minutes just because someone believed the villain (head of vecna applied).

Here are some examples of what a good GM could do and not play against the players.

You can alter the events quietly not ruin the evening by requireing the life to be taken in a specific place. (Spirit was telling the truth, just not all of it.)

You can alter the events quietly by requireing the life to be taken in a specific mannor. (spirit was still telling the truth, again just not all of it)

You can just change the requirements for getting rid of the spirit. (undead spirit was lying,)

I think you get the idea.

What the players know is that the only source of how to get rid of the spirit is from the spirit itself. I don't believe I'm working against the players by quietly altering the end events to prolong the evening. If you see that as bad GMing then please PM me, to ask for a better explanation instead of sending the message to public.

"I'm not the bad guy" - Deardevil

In best southern accent, "Oh, I see you've got a derailment here... gimme a crow's fart of time and I'l get ya going again..."

Okay, story-time... an old fantasy game, once again featuring Te'Kuro Tu'Shek, the giant sword wielding monster with the cursed sword that transforms him into a fast-regenerating immortal rabbit... (refer to my old posts here, if you don't remember).

We've entered a town in plight.. some kind of weird undead griffin-ish monster is loose in town. Our brave Te'Kuro charges forward to protect the town, screaming as he charges the beast, he swings, and with a slight flash seems to disappear... his armor and clothing lie on the ground, and a tiny scream can be heard from within the breastplate before the monster rears up and squishes it flat. Bad crunchy and juicy noises are heard all too well.

The rest of the party battles the monster. Our wizard pulls the armor away and picks it up. Our POURS some meat, gristle, and chunks of bone that quivers on the ground. "Oh, gross..."

Before the end of the battle, our mighty warrior returns from rabbit form, naked as a jay-bird, who grabs up his sword once again. He charges again, maidens turn their heads, and strikes a critical blow of great magnitude, severing the head. "Ah-hah!" he crows in triumph, arms above his head... and finally notices his nudity.

Player 1: "I think that was the grossest one yet."

Player 2: "Which part? Him being rabbit juice, or him being nude?"

Player 1: "Yes."

So my players in my current game are investigating a new drug that is hitting the streets called “PAINS” (Porous Adrenalin Intensifying Nerve Stimulant). In order for the players to discover the primary distribution point they had to go into a strip joint for information from another characters use of contacts. One of the strong moral players simply could not justify entering such a location ill repute “Reputation and Social Disadvantage of High Moral Standards”. Player 2 then begins making jokes about the Player 1’s sexual preference since he has never seen the character flirt or otherwise engage in casual conversations with any female NPC’s. (Personally I thought it was a great use of his disadvantage and gave him an xp for it.) Player 2 has Rivalry with Player 1 as a disadvantage so it was expected of him from the other players.

Now that the group finds the location of the primary distribution point and the possible source of the distributors name they decide to follow up. Once again they players find themselves at another house of ill repute; a very loud dance club called, “Bottoms Up” a local gay bar in the middle of downtown San Francisco.

Player 1 Unwilling to enter said place says out loud and with much enthusiasm.

“Ok guys its time to get some action, I have the rear entrance covered.”

The jokes never ended for the next 4 game sessions for player 1.

Gotta love professional Rivalry appropriately applied between two good players.

Once again they players find themselves at another house of ill repute; a very loud dance club called, “Bottoms Up” a local gay bar in the middle of downtown San Francisco.

Player 1 Unwilling to enter said place says out loud and with much enthusiasm.

“Ok guys its time to get some action, I have the rear entrance covered.”

Did he say it that way on purpose? Its... its... wow... my group would be stunned, almost, or jibbering at the sheer volume of possible jokes. It would nearly be social suicide. :P Well, perhaps not that harsh...

A veteran (class of 82) player is explaining damage rolls to our d20 convert newbie.

Vet- "There are two flavors of damage: normal and killing."

N00b- "Which one is more delicious?"

Later, the team is fighting a thirty foot tall alien cyborg and pinging attacks off his armor. The n00b's sonic projector uses her 2 1/2d6 RKA for the first time.

"Roll the 2 1/2d6 for the Body."

"A six, a four, and half six."

"Now roll a d6 for the stun multiplier."

"Oh, another six. How is that?"

"Uhh-delicious?"

My FtF group' date=' Twilight Guard is caught in the train station scenario in [u']Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth[/u]...

Vithaar, the team's leader and resident brick is down by the ticket turnstile dealing with the unfortunate plague victims attempting to batter their way in with a bench they've ripped free...

Striker, the team's mystic gadgeteer has filled the doorways leading out onto the train platforms with an AOE Sticky Entangle ('Encased in Amber')...

Little 7yr-old Timmy McAdoo stands up from his hiding place and begins crying for the heroes to save him and his Mommy, thus attracting the attention of some other snake plague victims...

Vithaar rushes up, grabs the kid, and throws him into the entangle... :nonp:

(thus proving that the PCs can always come up with a way to boggle the GM's mind)

Striker (OOC): He's the ultimate multitasker. The kid's safe, out of the way, and bait...

Okay, that's funny.

Mole would have just buried the kid instead...sure, therapy for years... but he'd be safe ;)

Teddi the Vampire Slayer, and Jinx the Teen Witch, once again hunt the dark streets of Seqwuoia City. This week, theres a new hot girl at school named Penny...

----------

Ben (Penny's surprisingly nerdy boyfriend): I must say, I have to Jinx's ability to take a 1 hour test in 20 minutes, and still get a perfect score. :mad:

Penny: *consolingly*...Im sure she sometimes gets cramps...

-------------

[The gang determines that Ben is about to be targeted for kidnapping. Teddi rushes to the computer lab, where he often goes after class]

Teddi: *urgently* Have you seen Ben?

Casey: Yes. I have, in fact, seen Ben.

Teddi: *crossly* When was the most recent time you saw Ben?

Casey: ...Two periods ago.

Jinx: Two school periods? Or two of your periods :cool:

-------------

Teddi: Okay, so we know theyve been taken to this motel. That black van is definately theirs. So...how do we find out which room theyre in?

Jinx: We can start knocking on doors...

Charles: *Runs over to the van and shoulder-slams it*

The Van: *Sounds its alarm*

Charles: *Dashes back into the bushes where the girls are hiding*

A Bad Guy in Black: *Pokes his head out of their motel room door, and turns off the alarm with a keychain remote*.

Teddi: ...Or we could do that.

Charles: :D

-----------

Jinx: Okay, Ill distract them....

[Jinx pulls her skirt down to show some hip, ties her blouse at the sternum, puts her hair in doggy ears, and starts chewing a piece of gum. Then she knocks on the door]

Bad Guy: *Opens the door* What do you want?

Jinx: Hi! Um...this is kinda embarassing but...*chew chew pop! * Me and my friend have...well...we have sort of a problem, and I was wondering...Do you have a condom I could borrow?

Bad Guy: :nonp:

The Scooobies: *Rush the room while the guy at the door is pondering this situation* ;)

----------

Penny: Im not supposed to be in this situation! Im having to generate new scenario subroutines from scratch! THIS SUCKS!

-----------

Jinx: Okay...who are "they"?

Penny: Theyre Special Friends.

Jinx: Like..."plastic helmet" special??

-----------

[ben has been killed by the kidnappers, causing Penny to become overwhelmed with grief and confusion. Jinx tries to hug her comfortingly]

Penny: ...Normally...if youre this close...Im supposed to kiss you. *Sniff* But ...I just dont think initiating lesbian subroutine 76-J would be appropriate right now....

---------

Penny: *sigh* There was a perfect opportunity for a gratuitous lesbian sex scene, but we just didnt have time.

Teddi: Pity.....:help:

------------

Penny (OOC): I walk up to Desmond, and give him a kiss thatll melt all the cheese between here and Wisconsin

-----------

Jinx: I fight Vampires. Nothing at school can scare me.

Not many quotes from Weldun's City on the Edge campaign today - I was working most of the afternoon. But I can offer you the following exchange about the energy-broadcasting system the team have been asked to attend the launch of.

Trawler
: "How do you focus the beam?"

Company Rep
: "Ah, that's a proprietary technology"

Trawler
: "If it's gerbils I'm quitting right now"

and

Rep
: "We can also wide-cast the beam to 120 degrees"

Stentorian
: "Fahrenheit or Celsius?"

And Avatar is getting confused by a conversation he's listening in on.

"Why would Sesame Street have black-clad masochists on it?"

"That's EMO, Avatar, not Elmo"

"Tickle Me Emo - ' Stop that, I like it'"

The evening's Kingdom City campaign had more quotes. (Although as an aside, the group runs 3 separate Champions games, and the GMs are all absolutely adamant that they have nothing to do with each other. The players are inclined to agree, picturing, for example, the three more psychotic PCs from the separate campaigns ever meeting each other and teaming up.)

The Skeleton Crew do still have time to deal with day-to-day business, such as the protests outside The Gunney's Turtle Armour factory. He protests that the armour itself is designed as a nonlethal weapon, but admits :

"You could theoretically beat someone to death with the Mark 12 - I'll concede that."

Vitus OOC
: "You could beat them to death with a
baguette
"
:D

The feculant matter has finally met the rotating air-moving device in that campaign. And not any of the world threatening PC plots, either, altho one of the Fae Courts is getting impatient with the delay in moving the US's Southern Gate, so they can reassume it as their property.

The Gunney
: "I spend weeks kitting up for a face-off with Dr Destroyer and where am I? Dealing with political intrigue in the Seelie Court"
:doi:

Also the Gunney, complaining about the party's ability to talk it's way into trouble. ie Pededentalia.

"We pass on the ability to switch feet"
:help:

No, the furore is the Skeleton Crew Sex Tape Scandal.

From that time a few months back when Vitus's concubine 3, and his student Marielle, successfully seduced team-member the Spectre, behind Vitus's back. 3 taped the entire session, but The Spectre managed to get the tape off Void before he could run off and show it to everybody.

Unfortunately Marielle stole one of the other copies, and put them it up on the web. "Free Downloads! Show It To All Your Friends"

So 3 is annoyed, because she's not getting anything out of this (Vitus refused to let her dance for money unless there was some means-testing of the audience - no way his slave was going to entertain nobodies ), The Spectre is afraid for for his immortal life if Vitus ever finds out, The Storm Lord is quitting the group because there's no way his Bible Belt business interests will tolerate his association with the scandal, and Void thinks the whole thing is hilarious, especially since he's in the background of one of the shots having teleported in whilst The Spectre was demonstrating the benefits of superhuman stamina ( "I've come to clean ze pool" ).

The Spectre
: "You know, there was a time I was going to run for Governor of this State..."

“Why would Marielle do this?”
:confused:

The Spectre
: “She’s an exhibitionist. It’s part of her... appeal, really.”

Efforts are made to assemble the rest of the team to determine the best course of action, before some journalist comes up to Vitus in the street and says "Your concubine has been sleeping with one of your team members behind your back! How do you feel about this?" and gets 50,000 amps thru his scrotum in response. For some reason, these efforts include a phone call to Orca whilst impersonating Vitus, badly.

Vitus OOC
: "A bad impersonation of Vitus - ' Hi there, I'm a kind and generous individual!'"

Felicity OOC
: " 'trustworthy' "

The Storm Lord OOC
:" 'greetings, fellow adventurers!' "

Something about the video occurs to The Spectre

"Hey! this mean
and
Marielle
are the only people who have seen my other Distinctive Feature!"

:snicker:

The Spectre decides to come clean to Vitus about it. Surprisingly, Vitus doesn't kill him on the spot, altho both the Spectre and 3 did check they had all their Armour up before they called him down to the video room. In Vitus' opinion, 3 amusing herself with his students is acceptable, as she - his concubine - out-ranks them (although it will be another matter entirely once they graduate and they, as fully-fledged professional magic workers, outrank her). Nor does The Spectre boffing his students annoy him - he'd already warned the students who was where on the ladder, and the noise of Spectre & Marielle some days is audible 3 floors away. :jawdrop:

However - Vitus was quite annoyed, and disappointed, that The Spectre succumbed to 3's charms without asking Vitus's permission first - it's a rank thing again. But it was a one-off occurance, so at least The Spectre has some self control.

Which, unfortunately, is where the arguments started. 3 has been quite upset that she's never got the Spectre into bed again. Indeed, what with Felicity desperately trying to maintain her hetrosexuality in the face of 3's charms, and Marielle not interested unless it's a Spectre Sandwich again, and Vitus just too damned busy to entertain a royal concubine in the fashion to which she is accustomed...

Vitus
: "As valuable and attractive a slave as 3 is, I
did
have two universes to save"
:tsk:

: "You men use that excuse all the time!"
:thumbdown
:

She insulted his competence as a Master and Wizard. He slapped her. She punched him in the face with a Martial Strike. Vitus was about to respond murderously, but by then The Spectre had gotten over his shock and intervened. Vitus disowned 3, and they're no longer talking to each other. Although she DID deliberately try and provoke a reaction from him as they responded to separate invitations the following day, walking ahead of him with as much irresistible sway to her hips as possible.

: "Shouldn't Vitus have to roll something against my buttocks?"

Further to those invites, which appeared on sheets of gold in the homes of all the PCs.

"Hey, now I get a tour of the Chocolate Factory!"

“That’s golden
ticket
. This way you get to explain reality to Arnold Schwarzenegger

Void decides to do something sweet for his girlfriend and folds the gold into an origami rose and leave it on his girlfriend's pillow. Two problems - he doesn't know origami, and his GF still doesn't know her boyfriend is the masked teleporting freak that tried to kill her last year.

"Oh, how nice. Now the man who tried to kill her is leaving bad origami roses
on her pillow"

Marielle has been kicked out of Vitus's school, of course. The Spectre tracked her down to Paul's Tattoos and told her off about "Conduct unbecoming of a student"

The Spectre
: "I know we've been sleeping together - but a certain amount of discretion was assumed!"

Vitus OOC
: "You say to the girl spread-eagled on the tattoo chair"

Speculation is made about what she's actually getting inked there. "Positions Vacant - Apply Within" "The Spectre's Pleasure Hole/Former Haunt/Batcave/Was Here" are all offered.

He wasn't impressed.

From last night's champs game:

Queeog (OOC): The little kids at Tae Kwon Do are easy to deal with. They all sign waivers. :)

Freon: It's as clandestine as anything involving Solar can be.

Freon (OOC): That's what you get for playing a character with morals. :P

Solar (OOC): Hey, I needed the points. :)

Wait a minute - Vitus actually manumitted 3?!?

more like threw her out onto the street. She's taken it annoyingly well. Back on the Tanashim homeworld it would have been a horrible blow, here, it just means a queue of people around the block begging for her attention.

Not many quotes from Weldun's City on the Edge campaign today - I was working most of the afternoon. But I can offer you the following exchange about the energy-broadcasting system the team have been asked to attend the launch of.
Three times, the company rep had to acknowledge Tesla's work, but then explain why their system will actually work. "Our system only loses less than point three percent energy."

Trawler
: "How do you focus the beam?"

Company Rep
: "Ah, that's a proprietary technology"

Trawler
: "If it's gerbils I'm quitting right now"

and

Rep
: "We can also wide-cast the beam to 120 degrees"

Stentorian
: "Fahrenheit or Celsius?"

And Avatar is getting confused by a conversation he's listening in on.

"Why would Sesame Street have black-clad masochists on it?"

"That's EMO, Avatar, not Elmo"

"Tickle Me Emo - ' Stop that, I like it'"

The evening's Kingdom City campaign had more quotes. (Although as an aside, the group runs 3 separate Champions games, and the GMs are all absolutely adamant that they have nothing to do with each other. The players are inclined to agree, picturing, for example, the three more psychotic PCs from the separate campaigns ever meeting each other and teaming up.)

I was somewhat insulted actually. Weldun isn't psychopathic at all. In fact, he has only used the Sonenschwert (a blessed, flaming, anti-metamorph Zweihänder) against a Vampire, a Four-Door Sedan and a Demon Cultist.
The Skeleton Crew do still have time to deal with day-to-day business, such as the protests outside The Gunney's Turtle Armour factory. He protests that the armour itself is designed as a nonlethal weapon, but admits :

"You could theoretically beat someone to death with the Mark 12 - I'll concede that."

Vitus OOC
: "You could beat them to death with a
baguette
"
:D

The feculant matter has finally met the rotating air-moving device in that campaign. And not any of the world threatening PC plots, either, altho one of the Fae Courts is getting impatient with the delay in moving the US's Southern Gate, so they can reassume it as their property.

The Gunney
: "I spend weeks kitting up for a face-off with Dr Destroyer and where am I? Dealing with political intrigue in the Seelie Court"
:doi:

Also the Gunney, complaining about the party's ability to talk it's way into trouble. ie Pededentalia.

"We pass on the ability to switch feet"
:help:

No, the furore is the Skeleton Crew Sex Tape Scandal.

From that time a few months back when Vitus's concubine 3, and his student Marielle, successfully seduced team-member the Spectre, behind Vitus's back. 3 taped the entire session, but The Spectre managed to get the tape off Void before he could run off and show it to everybody.

Unfortunately Marielle stole one of the other copies, and put them it up on the web. "Free Downloads! Show It To All Your Friends"

So 3 is annoyed, because she's not getting anything out of this (Vitus refused to let her dance for money unless there was some means-testing of the audience - no way his slave was going to entertain nobodies ), The Spectre is afraid for for his immortal life if Vitus ever finds out, The Storm Lord is quitting the group because there's no way his Bible Belt business interests will tolerate his association with the scandal, and Void thinks the whole thing is hilarious, especially since he's in the background of one of the shots having teleported in whilst The Spectre was demonstrating the benefits of superhuman stamina ( "I've come to clean ze pool" ).

The Spectre
: "You know, there was a time I was going to run for Governor of this State..."

“Why would Marielle do this?”
:confused:

The Spectre
: “She’s an exhibitionist. It’s part of her... appeal, really.”

Efforts are made to assemble the rest of the team to determine the best course of action, before some journalist comes up to Vitus in the street and says "Your concubine has been sleeping with one of your team members behind your back! How do you feel about this?" and gets 50,000 amps thru his scrotum in response. For some reason, these efforts include a phone call to Orca whilst impersonating Vitus, badly.

Vitus OOC
: "A bad impersonation of Vitus - ' Hi there, I'm a kind and generous individual!'"

Felicity OOC
: " 'trustworthy' "

The Storm Lord OOC
:" 'greetings, fellow adventurers!' "

Something about the video occurs to The Spectre

"Hey! this mean
and
Marielle
are the only people who have seen my other Distinctive Feature!"

:snicker:

The instant that left my mouth, I knew that we had a quote. I was referring, of course, to the fact that The Spectre has no scarring of any sort.

The Spectre decides to come clean to Vitus about it. Surprisingly, Vitus doesn't kill him on the spot, altho both the Spectre and 3 did check they had all their Armour up before they called him down to the video room. In Vitus' opinion, 3 amusing herself with his students is acceptable, as she - his concubine - out-ranks them (although it will be another matter entirely once they graduate and they, as fully-fledged professional magic workers, outrank her). Nor does The Spectre boffing his students annoy him - he'd already warned the students who was where on the ladder, and the noise of Spectre & Marielle some days is audible 3 floors away. :jawdrop:

However - Vitus was quite annoyed, and disappointed, that The Spectre succumbed to 3's charms without asking Vitus's permission first - it's a rank thing again. But it was a one-off occurance, so at least The Spectre has some self control.

I'm just glad he didn't read that another way. "I had your concubine, but decided to bed this bi-sexual Goth-chick instead.":sneaky:
Which, unfortunately, is where the arguments started. 3 has been quite upset that she's never got the Spectre into bed again. Indeed, what with Felicity desperately trying to maintain her hetrosexuality in the face of 3's charms, and Marielle not interested unless it's a Spectre Sandwich again, and Vitus just too damned busy to entertain a royal concubine in the fashion to which she is accustomed...

Vitus
: "As valuable and attractive a slave as 3 is, I
did
have two universes to save"
:tsk:

: "You men use that excuse all the time!"
:thumbdown
:

She insulted his competence as a Master and Wizard. He slapped her. She punched him in the face with a Martial Strike. Vitus was about to respond murderously, but by then The Spectre had gotten over his shock and intervened. Vitus disowned 3, and they're no longer talking to each other. Although she DID deliberately try and provoke a reaction from him as they responded to separate invitations the following day, walking ahead of him with as much irresistible sway to her hips as possible.

: "Shouldn't Vitus have to roll something against my buttocks?"

Further to those invites, which appeared on sheets of gold in the homes of all the PCs.

"Hey, now I get a tour of the Chocolate Factory!"

“That’s golden
ticket
. This way you get to explain reality to Arnold Schwarzenegger

Void decides to do something sweet for his girlfriend and folds the gold into an origami rose and leave it on his girlfriend's pillow. Two problems - he doesn't know origami, and his GF still doesn't know her boyfriend is the masked teleporting freak that tried to kill her last year.

"Oh, how nice. Now the man who tried to kill her is leaving bad origami roses
on her pillow"

Marielle has been kicked out of Vitus's school, of course. The Spectre tracked her down to Paul's Tattoos and told her off about "Conduct unbecoming of a student"

The Spectre
: "I know we've been sleeping together - but a certain amount of discretion was assumed!"

Vitus OOC
: "You say to the girl spread-eagled on the tattoo chair"

Speculation is made about what she's actually getting inked there. "Positions Vacant - Apply Within" "The Spectre's Pleasure Hole/Former Haunt/Batcave/Was Here" are all offered.

He wasn't impressed.

You realize, of course, that her comments about finishing her studies eslewhere mean that she's going to show up in a couple of years to kick our butts with Major Bad@$$ Mojo.

Nightingale, dark heroine of Seattle, is mental illusioned by one of the minions of the Worm Master. Thinking she is in a place of writhing, squirming things crawling all over her body, she accidentally removes her wig and mask, screaming "Get them off me!"

Sheepishly embarrassed, she convinces her DNPC to come to the base after the fight is over and deliver her a replacement wig and mask, because hers are all covered with slimy worms. The DNPC comes dressed as a Japanese pizza delivery girl.

Kodiak: Did someone order pizza?

Goliad gets the door and pays for the pizza, handing it over to Nightingale. She takes out the wig and puts it on. He shakes his head for a moment, being somewhat hungry.

Coatlcan: Wow, that's a really hairy pie!

Goliad: Oh, my god, I can't believe you said that in front of a woman!

more like threw her out onto the street. She's taken it annoyingly well. Back on the Tanashim homeworld it would have been a horrible blow' date=' here, it just means a queue of people around the block begging for her attention.[/quote']

So any characters,

1.living in approximately current time,

2.able to provide income information

3. references from previous/current wives,husbands, girl/boyfriends, mistresses etc, as to amount/quality of attention paid to them

This is your opportunity to apply to be the companion to a 7ft tall exotically attractive ( Com 30), hard to miss (Pre 30) female humanoid ,trained in singing, dancing, conversation, marital and martial arts. Who will stay young for several more centuries, here's your chance to wind up Vitus.angel.gif

Send your details to Sundog ,along with a description of application, courting technique,persistence. It should be good for a laugh while we attempt to stop the dimension going shock.gif

(Found the spellchecker button, too bad the program isn't downloaded)

In "Rogues to the Rescue" The heroes of Atticus are presumed dead. One of the PCs, by the name of Cascade, finds her life intruded upon by "Rocky"(Short for Roxanne), the younger sister of Broadstripe and Brightstar (Members of the hero team). The not quite thirteen year old has decided the ex villainess is going to have to do.

Rocky smirks, then nods, "You got it. And don't forget Broadstripe. He's my brother. Call me Rocky. Look, normally, I'd get vengeful, train hard for years in the himilayas or get bit by something radioactive, but we don't have time for that. This town is gonna go to heck in a handbasket, so it needs heroes NOW. That's you. " the girl, who is wearing a 'I love my country but fear its idiots' Tee shirt and blue jeans, takes off her back pack, "Now, I know you're probably out of shape for superheroics, but I brought some notes, battle plans, and my sister's collection of 80s montage work out music. I wish we had a proper training room, but we'll probably just let you go blast a junk yard."

Last night's Champions game:

Serendipity decided to break up with the former fiance she has just become reunited with after three years. She told the GM about her decision as he is telling her that her former finace has left her a note saying "this isn't working out, you have your own life here, I'm heading back to Dublin."

Sentinel: Well, at least you and Ronan can still be friends.

Squeeze: No! Not the "F" word!

Serendipity: Well, *he* started it.

A body, apparently of the former VIPER Nest leader, Windchill, washes up by the docks. His face has been partially eaten away by fish, in spots down to the skull.

Squeeze: Hey, can we get some video of that? I want to make our own VIPER recruitment video. (describes scenes of VIPER agents marching, interspersed with video of Windchill's partially decomposed face). (Imitating a zombie Windchill voice) Join us now!

GM: I'm pretty sure that's going to violate some YouTube content restriction.

Squeeze: Fine. When they remove it, we'll replace it with a puppet version.

GM: You mean like Harry Potter Puppet Pals??? You're going to parody your own video?!

Squeeze (shrugs): Why not?

Later on, the heroes are set upon by VIPER Force 1 (from the old 4th edition VIPER sourcebook). The tough bodybuilder, Rampage, is hit by an Ego Attack, to which he is vulnerable.

GM: Okay, Rampage says, "I'll get you, you little... " (high-pitched screech).

Squeeze: Seriously? He screamed like a little girl?

GM: Yeah.

Squeeze (to Synergy): Tell me we got that on video! We *so* need to add it to the VIPER recruitment video.

(zombie voice) Join us now! (girlie scream) EEEEEEEEEE!!

(zombie voice) Join us now! (girlie scream) EEEEEEEEEE!!

Synergy: That last hit put me at GM's Discretion.

GM: Okay, post-12. (looks at Synergy) Go ahead and take a recovery.

Synergy: All right, that puts me at.... GM's Discretion. Still.

In "Rogues to the Rescue" The heroes of Atticus are presumed dead. One of the PCs' date=' by the name of Cascade, finds her life intruded upon by "Rocky"(Short for Roxanne), the younger sister of Broadstripe and Brightstar (Members of the hero team). The not quite thirteen year old has decided the ex villainess is going to have to do.[/quote']

Oh lord, this could be really interesting (and even funny, sorta, but you know my sense of humor) if you follow any or all of my ideas for Mandy...