What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Theres a lot of cross over between Kyuss, Screaming Trees, Queens of the Stone Age, and Eagles of Death Metal

Tea Party is an different sort of sound, or at least the album I heard was. Not as hard. They're pretty good, but not quite hard enough for my tastes. They have an interesting website though and are definitely worth a listen:

We own most of The Tea Party's discography. They are worth picking up for any who don't have their music.

I wonder it is about Motorhead that sets people off... weird. I mean.. it's Lemmy. Lemmy IS Rock and Roll.

My wife doesn't mind 'em, she enjoys some tracks (I have a spoken word of Orgasmatron that she thought was really cool), on the other hand she busted out laughing on Eat The Rich when Lemmy busted out he line "Bacon Torpedo" and went into fits just listening to Killed By Death. Lemmy can be very silly sometimes.

currently:

Fixmer/McCarthy

Don't Answer Me ~ Alan Parson's Project

Good taste, I see.

PopQuiz: What TV Series used that piece as it's theme?

Oh, and right now I'm listening to Together in Electric Dreams, by Giorgio Moroder and Philip Oakey.

I'm a big fan of dance music. I like listening to Digitally Imported (di.fm from my signature). I just listened to the Hardcore channel for about 13 hours. I heard several songs 3 or 4 times (seems like a dying genre so not much selection.)

"The Bells" by Eric Woolfson. It's on a followup album to the classic Alan Parsons Project album, Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe, entitled, POE: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination. This track uses the EAP classic poem verbatim as an eerie carol. Fitting the source material, it starts out with a cheerful tone, but it changes subtly as the poem works through each of its parts, becoming much darker. After two days of play on my minidisc, and several plays on computer, this is perhaps my favorite song on the album.

You can find a sample here:

http://www.poe-cd.com/audiovideo.html

This sample of "The Bells" is actually the last minute or so.

JoeG