What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

I'm listening to GO, which you'll find listed under Stomu Yamashta's name, though GO was a short-lived fusion super-group, of whose members Yamashta was perhaps the least famous: Steve Winwood (vocals), Klaus Schulze (synthesizers), Al DiMeola (guitar), and Michael Shrieve (drums) are the others. It was released on vinyl back in 1976. It can be found in CD format now (the disc I have has it packaged with a subsequent album GO TOO, which has a very different lineup), but it preserves a production foible. There are 14 cuts on the original GO disc and it is something of a "concept album", with a story wrapped in the music; the company reversed side 1 and side 2 thinking that there was a better chance of a single if the album was released in that form, thus butchering the intended story. If you do get GO on CD, then, to listen to it as intended by the artists, listen to cuts 8 through 14 in that order, then cuts 1 through 7 in that order. The musical narrative flows much better in that sequence.

Some band names strike me as odd' date=' and this is one of them. "Hi! I'm Death Cab, and I'm running for Cutie. Vote for me!"[/quote'] That's just because it's political season. I've always had the more cinematic picture of the name; A death cab shows up to pick up some cutie.

Now on to new business...

Speaking Confidentially - Cowboy Junkies

(And I have no idea if they are addicted to cowboys or if they are addicts who are cowboys; I just know Margo Timmins is hot.)

The opening credits...

Ru-Ru-Ru-Russian Roulette

by Toshiyuki Kimori, Meiko Nakahara

from Dirty Pair (TV Series Soundtrack)

The commercial break/intermission bumper (which I don't really have a title for at the moment)...

And the end credits...

Space Fantasy

by Toshiyuki Kimori, Meiko Nakahara

from Dirty Pair (TV Series Soundtrack)

(Thought I'd play something different while I'm online updating a little info today.)