What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

• 1 month later...

I have a few tracks from my latest purchase: Chris Thomas King - Antebellum Postcards

Called (according to his website, anyway) The King of the 21st Century Blues, Chris Thomas King is very ecclectic so he has fans and then LOTS of detractors or people who listen and scratch their heads. He may be best known for his role and music in "Oh Brother Where art Thou?"

What he is: A good vocalist, and a great Guitarist.

What he isn't: Held down to one genre. Though in his mind it's all the blues.

Some songs sound very traditional blues guitar songs. Others are hip hop over Blues Riffs, still others are Jimmy Hendrix rock or happy rock anthems

The Tracklist for Antebellum Postcards is:

1.I Wanna Be Your Drug Tonight

2.Wayfaring Stranger

3.Rehab (Winehouse Blues)

4.California Letter

5.How Does It Feel

6.Sketches Of Treme

7.Caught In Between

8.I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow

9.Louis Collins

10. Michael Row the Boat Ashore

The only one I don't care for - despite it's actual beauty, is California Letter. Too depressing. Even the songs about death are less depressing than the Dear John Letter.

I Wanna Be Your Drug Tonight is an anti-blues song. Singing of spacemen and love - it's a great song but not blues

Rehab is dedicated to Amy Winehouse (and in concert apparently, Lindsay Lohan) and about his own drug abuse.

Caught In Between is just awesome. Song about choosing between life and death.

I am a Man of Constant Sorrow - blues remake of the hit from the movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

Louis Collins song about a dead man - absolutely beautiful.

Michael Row the Boat Ahore...exactly what you think but with great guitar work.

"Rumor Has It" by Adele. I'm surprised how much I like Adele. Most modern pop I can't tolerate.
I just read that Joan Rivers, among others, have criticized Adele's weight. That's just stupid. Do they criticize B.B. King for HIS weight? No.

I was also surprised by how young she is -- her two albums are titled after her age when she recorded them.