What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Right now I'm listening to the insane yorballing of a really lovely young lady who gave my brother a job as a backing musician in her band. She is a country singer, a genre which I dislike and her voice drives me nuts. As do some of the lyrics. However, the band is great (and I'm not just saying that) and she lets the boys do a couple of songs. She's a great girl even if I don't care for her singing and it's a fun show. 

Definitely. I'm a big fan of TLD and, by extension, Timothy Dalton.

When I saw The Living Daylights in the theaters, Timothy Dalton was a revelation. This, I thought, was who Bond should be. His cool was effortless. He was professional, resourceful, and thought fast on his feet. He used his brain and his skills to sort out Whitaker's conspiracy, and his improvisational skills to defeat it. And since the entire movie focused on his relationship with one woman (this was when everyone was paranoid about HIV and promiscuity was viewed as virtually suicidal) we were able to see his charm -- and Dalton exuded charm.

Then within a year of the film\s coming out the Soviet Union collapsed and it was instantly completely dated. It later turned out that the enemy in one of America's costliest and most bitter wars (in which the UK was a participant) were the very people Bond had helped in the movie.

Timothy Dalton would make only one more appearance as 007, the criminally underrated License to Kill.