• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Genetic map of the first synthetic organism (or something like that). Maybe someone here knows how to read one of these....

venter-1_300d.gif

Easy-peasy! It's a map of a genome, snipped together from pieces that we know work (some of them, apparently, not how they work). The map shows which gene goes where (in code), the arrows show in which direction they are transcribed into RNA, and the legend shows, in general, what each gene product does in the cell.

Kinda reminds me of the Maryland Bunnyman, a madman in a bunny costume with an axe, hopping around the wooded suburbs of Washington DC looking to kill innocents...

Hey, where is Keyes_Bill, anyway?

There's also the Prince Georges County goatman.

Easy-peasy! It's a map of a genome' date=' snipped together from pieces that we know work (some of them, apparently, not [i']how [/i]they work). The map shows which gene goes where (in code), the arrows show in which direction they are transcribed into RNA, and the legend shows, in general, what each gene product does in the cell.

Looks more like the train that stopped me at the crossing yesterday.

Which reminds me of the spectrum allocation poster. Available from the Office of Spectrum Management' date=' it's a PDF you can grab.[/quote']

I actually was looking at that just three weeks ago in class. It was a few years out of date though. Do you know of a newer version of it?

Just because there's a picture on the Lego box, doesn't mean that's what you have to build with the Legos inside...a lesson I was taught as a child, fortunately, and now I can teach to my children. I can only wish I'd created this.

e3f9653d-5ec3-4f47-a8f0-68ff6c685d7d.jpg

That is without doubt one of the most awesomely amazing things I have ever seen in my entire existence.

So have rep, a lot of it.