• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Not being limited to C doesn't mean there is no limit.

And it also would depend on what the limit is. Sure, I can travel a light year a month... but can I carry x months of supplies for y crewmembers and do it? Might be better to have the crew not eat and breathe less for those months, logistics wise.

Huh. I never thought you'd need suspended animation pods if your technology gave you effectively no upper speed limit (not limited to < C).

IIRC the Aliens universe hyperdrive still took months or years to get where it was going, and aside from the boredom and aging issues, there was also the problem of provisions and oxygen. Certainly without hypersleep Ripley would not have survived her 57-year drift in the lifeboat.

IIRC the Aliens universe hyperdrive still took months or years to get where it was going' date=' and aside from the boredom and aging issues, there was also the problem of provisions and oxygen. Certainly without hypersleep Ripley would not have survived her 57-year drift in the lifeboat.[/quote']

Hmm. I do have an impression that the distances involved meant the systems were not close (even in astronomical terms), implying that the scope of Human expansion was quite extensive. I expected the lifeboat to be sub luminal, after all, its not Star Trek. ;) And I guess the same goes for the constables like food and maybe even Oxygen.