• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

And it also would depend on what the limit is. Sure' date=' I can travel a light year a month... but can I carry x months of supplies for y crewmembers and do it? Might be better to have the crew not eat and breathe less for those months, logistics wise.[/quote']

Maybe you don't have to pay them while they're not 'working'...

297311_162995973792804_100002472086624_297252_1784065305_n.jpg

And I'd answer "I am doing something about it, but my ability to effect change is finite. Yours is reputed to be infinite. The question stands."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is doing something about it right this minute. Namely, kicking me in the butt to make me go do a few things I know I should. Excuse us, we're logging out for a while.

"There is a wonderful story about a great Chasidic master who was asked whether it is ever proper to act as if God did not exist. He surprised his students by answering "yes": it is not only proper, but mandatory, to act as if there were no God when one is asked to help. Do not say "God will help." You must help. Though Elie Wiesel is a deeply religious man - even when he argues with God or refuses to forgive him - Wiesel acts as if there were no God when he is asked to help. I think I understand why. He saw that God did not help his family and friends. He also saw that human beings did not help, perhaps because they believed that God would help. Wiesel knows that we cannot control God's actions, but we can control our own actions." — Alan M. Dershowitz, 1997

It may surprise some to learn that Confucius did not necessarily affirm that Gods and the Ancestors existed; he said "We should behave as if they exist."

Lucius Alexander

Does it matter if the palindromedary exists, as long as I behave as if it does?

"Call on God' date=' but row away from the rocks." - Hunter S. Thompson.[/quote']

The former is behaving as if He exists, the latter as if He does not.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary has no problem with that. Which shouldn't surprise you.