• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Remember' date=' it's only zombie-proof if you manage to seal all the doors before any of them get in.[/quote']

You'd also need:

1) large underground storage area with food, water, gasoline and your own set of generators(or one of those mini-nuke plants)

2) separately stored underground gasoline and natural gas tanks(for fueling your vehicle, keeping the generators going, heating the home, etc.)

3) big ass satellite dish and radio antenna on roof(for satellite tv/phone, ham radio signals)

4) helipad and chopper(for bugging out if necessary)

5) sealed escape tunnel leading to sealed dock, where the armored speedboat is

Not that I've thought this through or anything...

You'd also need:

1) large underground storage area with food, water, gasoline and your own set of generators(or one of those mini-nuke plants)

2) separately stored underground gasoline and natural gas tanks(for fueling your vehicle, keeping the generators going, heating the home, etc.)

3) big ass satellite dish and radio antenna on roof(for satellite tv/phone, ham radio signals)

4) helipad and chopper(for bugging out if necessary)

5) sealed escape tunnel leading to sealed dock, where the armored speedboat is

Not that I've thought this through or anything...

Don't forget sharks with frickin' lasers, you mastermind you.

Wow, this library design is amazing :jawdrop:

15-render-FG.jpg

It doesn't look very useful. I can't see an easy way to get to some of the books, nor can I see the typical book cart navigating those decks. And what's with the stadium concourse to the left? It looks like a library designed by someone who doesn't frequent them.

JoeG

It doesn't look very useful. I can't see an easy way to get to some of the books' date=' nor can I see the typical book cart navigating those decks. And what's with the stadium concourse to the left? It looks like a library designed by someone who doesn't frequent them. [/quote']

Well, you'll be happy to know it's not real then:

http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/CGSFeatures/CGSFeatureSpecial/stockholm_library_interior

I wonder how many Kindles it would take to store all of that. :cool:

This is supposed to be the Stockholm Library.

They apparently have about 2 million books.

Let's assume that the average e-book is 500kb. Some will be more, many will be less.

This is about 120 GB.

That means it would take approximately 40 Kindle 3s, as they cap out at 3GB of useable storage and have no external storage.

You could do it with 20 Kindle Fire's, since they have 6GB each.

I believe the first Kindle actually had a full sized SD card slot... assuming it was supported, you could do it with a lone Kindle 1 using a nice big 128 GB SD card.

Of course, if we open the floor up to other readers and tablets, we can find many devices that could pull this off :)

And with cloud storage you could certainly grow that list to include virtually any internet connected device...