Let's hear it for villainous organizations

SuperKlaus

So I'm brewing up my own acronym-carrying uniform-wearing world-spanning evil organization for my game, the sort of thing you see in VIPER or FEAR or a hundred others. I think MALICE is a great name for it, but the problem is I think I'd actually like it to stand for something. Like Miscreants Allied something In Criminal Enterprise or Masterminds something something Conquer Earth. Who has ideas?

And what evil organization throws its incompetent, blaster-waving goons at your heroes on a regular basis? Go ahead and babble about your game!

Also, does VIPER stand for anything? I don't have the book.

Re: Let's hear it for villainous organizations

I don't remember VIPER standing for anything, at least not in my games. I do however enjoy using other VIPER acronymns in the game, such as the "citizens group", Victims Injured by Psychopathic Empowered Rejects, that gave the heroes a hard time for a while.

As for MALICE, howabout something like:

"the Master Alliance Linking International Crime and Espionage"?

Standard pro-mutant group:

Mutants

Against

Legislation

Involving

Control or

Eugenics

Possible magic group:

Magical

Alliance of

Legendary,

Infamous or

Controlled

Entities

As a subsidiary of some larger organization:

Malevolent

Agents

Licensed for

Illegal

Criminal

Enterprise

As technological terrors:

Mechanicals and

Automotons

Looking for

Integration into

Criminal

Enterprises

Master Association for Local and International Criminal Empires...

In my universe we have the HAND, a government 'black ops' organization.

They are the Homeland Association for National Defense.

There is also the genetic engineers. They are basically a global organization of Teleios.

They are known as FATE. The Final Act of Terran Evolution.

For the current incarnation of VIPER, the acronym originally stood for "Venemous Imperial Party of the Eternal Reptile." You need to know something of the roots of VIPER to understand why this was chosen.

Several Nest Leaders have devised their own acronymics, more palatable to the modern rank-and-file. Law enforcement agents have also coined a few less than complimentary variants. ;)

C.R.A.S.S. , a group of concern (i.e. scared) cristions who view all superbeings as agenst of the devil, and arm themselves acordenly.

Cristian

Resisters

Aganst

Satain's

Superbeings

Note that, unknown to the rank and file, there leader contribtes hevely to the Insitute for Human Advancement. Othoe chances are, if this fact was known, nothing would change within the orginzation.

We have shadow ops group called MANDOLIN

The government pulled a random name from their computers,

but with the beauracracy wanted it to stand for something.

Metahuman

Activities/

National

Defense:

Operations

Logistics

INtelligence

Thanks a lot, everyone!

I think Supreme Snake's is my favorite.

I don't remember VIPER standing for anything, at least not in my games. I do however enjoy using other VIPER acronymns in the game, such as the "citizens group", Victims Injured by Psychopathic Empowered Rejects, that gave the heroes a hard time for a while.

As for MALICE, howabout something like:

"the Master Alliance Linking International Crime and Espionage"?

I can make the "Maleficent Seven" superteam I had planned into the organization's leaders and have each one be from a different continent, or something (Poor Antartica probably doesn't get much respect). Excellent! And your false-trail acronym trick gives me some fine ideas for a little comedy.

How does this "rep" thing people use work?

MALICE, Hmm.

silly 4 color names...

Most Awesome League of International Criminal Evildoers.

Multinational Alliance of Independent Criminal Entrepeneurs.

as an evil organization posing as a corporation, It could be MALevolent International Criminal Enterprise. (Ok, thats not the name they advertise, but the secret "Inner name")

For a world wide agency, supoprted by governments that monitors metahumans.

Metahumans Awareness League, International Code Enforcement.

Multinational Alliance of Independent Criminal Entrepeneurs.

My Group is called DRUID.

Drastic

Reconstruction

Under

Inhumen

Design

They are a nature loving tree huging owl licking group, who care more about animals then humans. They are lead by Savanah, who can control of most of nature. They have a main group of supers that are nature base.

There poge minones are guys dressed up like a bird, bear, fish, and faceless humans, and powerd by stolen technology =) fun indeed.

C.R.A.S.S. , a group of concern (i.e. scared) cristions who view all superbeings as agenst of the devil, and arm themselves acordenly.

Just for the notice, I originaly wanted to call the group C.R.O.S.S. , but I coulden't think up a good acronim meaning. Can you?

Just a reminder...

1) Thay are anti-super all the way.

2) Thay are an extreamly bent view of riligion...basicly beleve in there way, or your going to die (and believe that your going to be judged and sent streight to hell, not realising that it may as well be them who are going).

3) Thay don't mind breaking a few comandments or ignoring the words of god, as long as it beinfits what thay beleve is the world as whole.

Villainous organizations, eh? Okay, they're always good for a few laughs as the heroes slap them around. Kudos to whomever wrote the VIPER sourcebook (for 4th Ed since I haven't read the current incarnation) for making these guys genuinely dangerous to heroes for a change.

In my campaign, the really big baddies are Rogue Legion which is a paramilitary terrorist organization which does crime to support its political agenda. The organization is headed by a hyper-intelligent mastermind named Colonel Fang. (I haven't put his character together yet, but I'm thinking he's going to be around 750 points.)

Another group of nasties are The Followers of Set, who are seeking to bring the ancient snake god back to earth. They generally steal Egyptian artifacts from museums and private collections to aid in their quest, though they also kidnap people and steal animals for various ritual sacrifices and to brainwash into their ranks.

A third organization is a technocriminal group known as The Illegal Army (stolen whole cloth from the Bubble Gum Crash series) which employs cyborgs and hardsuits to hit financial and government institutions for weapons and cash to support themselves. Occasionally, they help overthrow governments (for the right price) and undertake black ops for (evil) corporations.

Also, I use DEMON from the Champions Universe, since the majority of the player-characters have magic in their backgrounds somewhere.

BTW -- I love the Supreme Serpent's take on MALICE. :)

Matt "Who-put-sugar-in-my-creative-juices-tank?" Frisbee