Favorite Supplement For Champions

Furry Fox

Re: Favorite Supplement For Champions

Judging by how often it is used I would agree with Enforcer about Hero Designer, followed closely by the USPD. Lately, I have been using the Terran Empire book (Star HERO suppliment I know) for some star spanning adventures.

My favorites are based upon differing criteria.

Based upon usefulness: Villainy Amok, USPD, and UMA.

Based upon reading enjoyment: DEMON, Vibora Bay, and VIPER.

Based upon necessity: CKC and UMA.

Based upon like the premise [if not the outcome]: Galactic Champions, The Mystic World, and Gadgets & Gear.

To be perfectly blunt -- ALL OF THEM! Especially since I beg, borrow and steal a lot of material to keep my campaigns from getting too predictable. :)

I still love reading Hudson City: The Urban Abyss -- as long as I can keep my envy level down as to how detailed it is...

Matt "Turnin'-green-around-the-gills" Frisbee

For fifth edition? Probably USPD. It gets the most use of all my books by the players. Heck, if you were new to my game you might mistakening think that I restrict the players to just that one book.

For All Editions? Classic Enemies. That is the book that started me on my Champions path in the first place. They were all new to me at the time. I had some friends buy the book for me when I was a broke college student GM and I had plans to convert all the characters to Superworld stats. Somewhere along the way I started to read the rules for the system and I was hooked.