Supervillain Monologues

TheQuestionMan

Re: Supervillain Monologues

...We care that these acts were done in our names and that you thought it was true. We care that you believe the terror that you experienced was on par with what VIPER is truly capable of. The Supreme Serpent felt that it was necessary to remind you of who we really are, for you have so obviously forgottened. Dwell on that as PRIMUS stands dumbfounded. As your symbol of pride lies dead at my feet. And as your capitol burns.

"Hail VIPER."

What a chilling quote, and what restrained menace. It's a promise of much worse things to come...very effective. I applaud you, Chimpira.

And I also have to applaud your brilliant handling of the "VIPER-as-laughing-stock" situation that the other GM had introduced..."no, that's not a VIPER plot; now this is a VIPER plot!" [delivered in a quite convincing Australian accent]

Kudos and rep for you...and when are we going to see some more of your excellent line art on the Board?

Well, I've posted it elsewhere but it's been a long time, it's not a monologue exactly, although it could be delivered as one (and was envisaged really as a speech as much as a political pamphlet), here's a link to my world's Magneto's "The X-Man Manifesto" - http://www.realschluss.org/x-champions/x-champions_setting/the-x.htm

From a 2nd Ed game from back in '84 withmy old wargames group in South London.

A Shanghai skyscraper burns. On the 35th floor, the villainous mastermind Xian is dying. His fortress is destroyed, his robotic minions are shattered and the place is a rapidly combusting wreck.

“Ah me, And you think that my death in someway makes the world a better place? Do you remember the story of the Hydra? Well, in my death lies the seeds of my vengeance. My minions are now without restraint. I hope your lives are long and interesting…”

What a chilling quote, and what restrained menace. It's a promise of much worse things to come...very effective. I applaud you, Chimpira.

And I also have to applaud your brilliant handling of the "VIPER-as-laughing-stock" situation that the other GM had introduced..."no, that's not a VIPER plot; now this is a VIPER plot!" [delivered in a quite convincing Australian accent]

Kudos and rep for you...and when are we going to see some more of your excellent line art on the Board?

Thanks for the praise, Haven. I had planned to put something up in the future. Life keeps happening and has kept me away from my table but I might have some stuff in the works soon.

Ripping of video game villains is another great one. Some of the best (and worst) I've heard are from WoW.

"Step right up to die" - Jin'do the Hexxer.

"PRIDE HERALDS THE END OF YOUR WORLD. COME, MORTALS! FACE THE WRATH OF THE SOULFLAYER!" - Hakkar

The infamous Ragnaros intro - you've made Majordomo Executus summon his lord, Ragnaros, before Ragnaros has recovered his full powers.

Majordomo Executus: Behold Ragnaros, the Firelord! He who was ancient when this world was young! Bow before him, mortals! Bow before your ending!

Ragnaros: TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS INTRUSION?

Majordomo Executus: These mortal infidels, my lord! They have invaded your sanctum, and seek to steal your secrets!

Ragnaros: FOOL! YOU ALLOWED THESE INSECTS TO RUN RAMPANT THROUGH THE HALLOWED CORE, AND NOW YOU LEAD THEM TO MY VERY LAIR? YOU HAVE FAILED ME, EXECUTUS! JUSTICE SHALL BE MET, INDEED.

Majordomo Executus: My Flame... Please don't take away my Flame!...

[Ragnaros kills Executus]

Ragnaros: NOW FOR YOU, INSECTS. BOLDY YOU SOUGHT THE POWER OF RAGNAROS! NOW YOU SHALL SEE IT FIRSTHAND!

DIE, INSECT!

"You should never have come here, mortals! You've doomed only yourselves." - The Broodlord Lashlayer

"In your rush to glory, you assumed that the pace of the game revolved around your actions. Can you even fathom how preposterous that sounds to a being like me? A being that if so inclined could cause your own insignificant thoughts to crush the peanut sized mass of grey matter floating within your skull." - Nefarian

"In this world where time is your enemy, it is my greatest ally. This grand game of life that you think you play in fact plays you. To that I say…

Let the games begin!" - Nefarian

"The time of our retribution is at hand! Let darkness reign in the hearts of our enemies! No longer will we wait behind barred doors and walls of stone! No longer will our vengeance be denied! The dragons themselves will tremble before our wrath!" - General Rajaxx

Anub'rekhan quotes:

Ahh... welcome to my parlor.

I hear little hearts beating. Yesss... beating faster now. Soon the beating will stop.

Where to go? What to do? So many choices that all end in pain, end in death.

Which one shall I eat first? So difficult to choose... they all smell so delicious.

Closer now... tasty morsels. I've been too long without food. Without blood to drink.

Just a little taste...

There is no way out.

Yes, run! It makes the blood pump faster!

Shhh... it will all be over soon.

Your old lives, your mortal desires, mean nothing. You are acolytes of the master now, and you will serve the cause without question! The greatest glory is to die in the master's service! - Grand Widow Faerlina

Fools, you think yourselves triumphant? You have only taken one step closer to the abyss! -Kel'thuzad

I grow tired of these games. Proceed, and I will banish your souls to oblivion!-Kel'thuzad

• 6 years later...

Just now discovered this thread, so I'm bumping it to the top with what is, to my mind, the most blood-chilling villainous monologue in literature--this passage from George Orwell's 1984, where O'Brien is detailing to Winston Smith the way by which the Party will triumph--

"--Obedience is not enough. Unless he is suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his own? Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery is torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress towards more pain. The old civilizations claimed that they were founded on love or justice. Ours is founded upon hatred. In our world there will be no emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement. Everything else we shall destroy everything. Already we are breaking down the habits of thought which have survived from before the Revolution. We have cut the links between child and parent, and between man and man, and between man and woman. No one dares trust a wife or a child or a friend any longer. But in the future there will be no wives and no friends. Children will be taken from their mothers at birth, as one takes eggs from a hen. The sex instinct will be eradicated. Procreation will be an annual formality like the renewal of a ration card. We shall abolish the orgasm. Our neurologists are at work upon it now. There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. There will be no laughter, except the laugh of triumph over a defeated enemy. There will be no art, no literature, no science. When we are omnipotent we shall have no more need of science. There will be no distinction between beauty and ugliness. There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always -- do not forget this, Winston -- always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face -- for ever."

Compared to O'Brien, all the others are lightweights.

The PCs had gone to the Netherworld to rescue one of their teammates from the clutches of a demon prince, and succeeded with great difficulty. Months later, the same demon breached the barriers between dimensions and came through with a legion of minions.

"Of course you 'rescued' your comrade and 'defeated' me... that was part of 'the Plan'!"

Ahhhh, but was it a demon prince, or Foxbat on a particularly bad day?

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Minus 12 and counting...

Some ones from the recent Warmonger storyline, featuring everyone's favorite bloody skinned cosmic embodiment of strife. Some of these are more dialogue than monologue, but I thought they worked.

--------------

Warmonger: "This is a suitable species, Militarily capable, sound tactical mind, courageous. They will make excellent soldiers for my campaign against the universe."

Grimoire: "This is not something I wanted to deal with right now. God. Damnit."

Warmonger: "You would like me to damn what?"

-------

Warmonger: "Since the beginning of time, the universe has been survival of the fittest. I play the great cosmic game to win. I am called by many names. I am War, Conflict, Strife. I am the Survivor. I am the Struggle. You may call me... I believe Warmonger will do."

-------

Metal Maiden. "I believe humanity would like to forge its own destiny without a firm outsider hand."

Warmonger; “”Excellent. I could not hope for a better attitude. The more spirited the stallion, the better they will be when they're broken."

---------

Warmonger (to Astron): "You will not be given a choice to join me. Because of your mongrel heritage, your obliteration is assured. For now, however, I will take my presence elsewhere. I will come for your world soon. Let the strong prepare... and the weak pray.”

----------

Warmonger (after his herald's defeat, stepping through a portal, and throwing down the comatose body of the Emissary, an extremely powerful heroine): "You harmed my emissary. I harmed yours. Reciprocity."

Miko Wentworth: "The gun was your emissary?"

Warmonger: "Yes, I have many gifts for those whose hearts turn to war. The assassination of your president may have started a glorious one."

-------------

Warmonger: "This world is a fire, flames to be fanned and brought to full blaze.”

------------

Warmonger: "Boast if you must. Most soldiers do on the eve of battle. The day shall reveal whether they are justified."

---------

Warmonger: "I will depart, but your decision is unfortunate, Especially given that fool Blank's failure in the warehouse. When you heard me and that gang member discussing the orbs, you did not think to inquire what they were. About this planet, I have scattered orbs of aggression. In twenty minutes they will go off, triggering madness across the planet. The conflict will rage across your world. When you fail... perhaps in five hundred years, when I return, your species will be primed to become my soldiers."

---------

Warmonger: "Well played, but consider this. I promised to spare the earth. But someday soon, your people will leave this planet and enter my domain, and become mine. Think on that champions of earth. Your future belongs to the Warmonger."

My personal favourite is propably in the game Grandia 2. Unfortunately it needs a extensive explanation to even understand it (it had two big reveals mixed into it), wich I can't give here.

Also a nice one was in Tron (the original). It started as a Coversation between Dillinger and the MCP (basically an A.I.).

MCP: "Did I mention that I will hack the pentagon next?"

Dillinger: "You are mad"

MCP: "Should not be more difficulty then some of the small firms I hacked. And with the Information I can aquire I will be [very high number] times better suited to rule the world than any human."

This was a scene in wich Dillinger realised he could no longer controll the MCP. It was straight on the way to take over the world.

In a similar fashion, there are several conversations with the Reapers and other A.I.'s in Mass Effect 1-3.

There was also Red Volcano in "Young Justice":

RV: "You stand no chance against me, humans."

Superboy & Miss Martian in union, while attacking: "We are not humans!"

RV: "Apologies. The properly inclusive term would be..." *takes both out with one attack* "...meatbags."

Wich brings me to one of the most frequent users of the term: HK-47 from Kotor 1. This scene was partially deleted (it stopped just before HK-47 pops up, wich raised the question how in all the Suns Tatione the order got through?). It is Basically Master Villain (Goto) vs. Evil Assassin (HK-47):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2n8iZmwCLo

Lucius: [Bob and Lucius are sitting in a parked car, reminiscing] So now I'm in deep trouble. I mean, one more jolt of this death ray and I'm an epitaph. Somehow I manage to find cover and what does Baron von Ruthless do?

Bob: [laughing] He starts monologuing.

Lucius: He starts monologuing! He starts like, this prepared speech about how *feeble* I am compared to him, how *inevitable* my defeat is, how *the world* *will soon* *be his*, yadda yadda yadda.

Bob: Yammering.

Lucius: Yammering! I mean, the guy has me on a platter and he won't shut up!

At the other end of the scale, there was one long-ago super game I was in, where one PC successfully delivered a quite substantial shot to the supervillain's nads.

Not enough for major damage or anything, but the GM immediately did a supervillain-style flourish and said (in a VERY high-pitched voice), "You'll PAY for that outrage...".

A few from Warstar, my master villain

"Doctor Destroyer is a character in stories. I build the future."

"It never ceases to amaze me how resilient you think you are, when you think that you've beaten me. The difference is, I only need to win once."

To a feline type character. "Take one more step and I will show you the hundred and second use for a dead cat."

"The problem with superheroes is that killing you is meaningless. I don't want to destroy you. I want to destroy the idea of what you are."

A few from Warstar, my master villain

"Doctor Destroyer is a character in stories. I build the future."

"It never ceases to amaze me how resilient you think you are, when you think that you've beaten me. The difference is, I only need to win once."

To a feline type character. "Take one more step and I will show you the hundred and second use for a dead cat."

"The problem with superheroes is that killing you is meaningless. I don't want to destroy you. I want to destroy the idea of what you are."

Good ones there!

Yeah but where does this come from ? I can't identify it or even if I was supposed to be able to.

Those are quotes out of the Champions Online Circle of Justice game I run. I used the Warmonger from Champions Beyond, tweaked him slightly (I essentially made him a more military-focused version of Darkseid; the STAS characterization in "Apocalips Now" and "Legacy" were my big influences), and gave him heralds in the form of psionically empowered weapons that required a host to wield.

These heralds ranged from a sword used by a Sirian leader on Mars to attack the Star*Guard and Ares I; a gun from a "great weapons of history" exhibit, a spear used by the Golden Hunters that played a decisive role in the Malvan/Elder Worm war (and which did not want to serve the Warmonger), an energy gun offered to VIPER-X, a gauntlet with powers of mental domination that was seized by an alien warlord, and a mace used by a renegade Mole-Man to gain vengeance on the surface world.

The heroes realized they couldn't face Warmonger directly, but negotiated a tournament where a team of champions would battle his champions (who were actually mentally dominated heroes who had been exposed to the weapons), with Warmonger agreeing to postpone his campaign against Earth for 500 years (unless invited to come by human authorities; this is my way to justify his return if Cryptic ever uses him). The heroes won (in a scenario that played out with over 30 players; though I really never want to run anything that epic again), but Warmonger pulled a stunt with pre-planted empathy bombs (like Darkseid, Warmonger had no problems with petty schemes involving menial criminals: all struggles exist on the same scale to him) that would have caused earth to descend into chaos. With help from the Champions and SOCRATES, the heroes disarmed the bombs (freeing an agonized telepathic alien that the Warmonger was using as a literal killswitch), thereby saving Christmas, every other holiday, and the whole human race. Though the scheme may have only been an elaborate way of jerking the collective chain of earth's superheroes for his amusement.

In the end, Warmonger left earth to enjoy the delightful ambiance of the Perseid/Hzeel War, but left a few toys and agents behind: that's a story for another day. (Currently they're embroiled in the labyrinthine schemes of the demon lord Zorasto to go back in time and use several artifacts purchased in Babylon to filter out anyone with a heroic impulse from benefiting from the 1938 ritual that created superhumans).

This is what I used for Warmonger's in-game appearance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44998[/ATTACH]

I'm rather proud of Herald's triumphant gloating in The Stars Will Aid Their Escape

"Of course I didn’t want you dead, you stupid foal. I wanted Celestia scared, not berserk. The alicorns' colourful pets - so bright and cheerful. And completely ignorant of the utter bleakness of reality. But should some hint arise that your 'special talent' is meaningless, unappreciated, pointless in the wider universe... why, half of you just snap. You broke at the Gala, when the animals wouldn’t be friends with you. You, Pinkie, when you thought your parties were no longer appreciated. Twilight and her obsession with organisation... even alicorns aren’t immune. Luna, of course, when she dwelt too long on the fact that ponies aren’t nocturnal... and even the Sun Princess – try to imagine how she felt when she not only failed to nurture you, but killed her precious ponies in her attempt to kill me."

Herald’s mask grinned, showing serrated teeth behind the bone-white lips. “And it makes you so easy to manipulate. Discord may have amused himself by altering your personalities, but how much more satisfying to destroy you as you are? Attack Twilight with knowledge, you, Applejack, through your family, Pinkie and Rarity via your oh-so-helpful natures. Fluttershy, of course, was especially vulnerable. But you, Miss Dash... using your loyalty and sonic rainboom to break four of you at once? That was a masterpiece.”

The ponies and the dragon threw themselves at him, blind with hate. He watched them impassively, mask smiling, and slapped the six from the air with a twitch of his hoof.

He snorted. "Go ahead, try that again. I'm a god, you moronic little animals." The Herald stepped between the groaning bodies to look down at Rainbow Dash. "So, how did it feel knowing that it was your loyalty and recklessness that broke four of you? That thanks to you, three fillies were as good as dead, that your friends couldn't stand the sight of you, that it was your fault?" He turned and walked out along the parapet of the lake, where the Canterlot Falls tumbled past endlessly into the void, and looked out over Equestria. "And now your world is mine to play with. I really should be thanking you."

Since coming to your world I have learned so many wonderful new concepts. "Collateral Damage" for example. Destruction of structures and lives that, while not desired as an end in itself, one does not in particular care about, because it is an inevitable result of the means to achieve a valued end. I have no desire to see any of your kind, benighted though they might be, come to an untimely end. But if the sacrifice of some small proportion of your population to remove this obstacle to the rational governance of the empire be required...well, "collateral damage"...

Since coming to your world I have learned so many wonderful new concepts. "Collateral Damage" for example. Destruction of structures and lives that' date=' while not desired as an end in itself, one does not in particular care about, because it is an inevitable result of the means to achieve a valued end. I have no desire to see any of your kind, benighted though they might be, come to an untimely end. But if the sacrifice of some small proportion of your population to remove this obstacle to the rational governance of the empire be required...well, "collateral damage"...[/quote']

Istvatha V'han?

I just remembered another good villain monolog:

The Borg