A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Tap is a uniquely American lost art. There are very few tap dangers of any prominence today. So when I was pointed to a Youtube scene with the Nichlas Brothers from the 1940s, I was astounded. The grace, strength, and athleticism of these men was astounding. I wonder if some of the things in this clip are even possible for anyone but the most obsessively trained and practiced.

I found this oddly fascinating.  To show primitive building methods, the guy starts with nothing and builds a clay hut. The axe and fire sticks are in other videos

Of course, realitically he would not be doing this by himself. Everybody in the community who is able to do so would be pitching in. And division of labor would make the job go a lot faster -- especially since there would be people who are especially good at brickmaking, logging, etc.

I saw that trailer in the theaters. I didn't know what kind of movie it was for until the shot of the web. It made me curious, which meant it did its job.

We'll never know if the footage was ever intended to be in the actual movie.

Those bank robbers had better pray for the cops to come grab them. If they're still suspended like that when the webbing dissolves in an hour, they'll get the book thrown at them by the Law of Gravity....

I cannot believe some of those spectators were laughing and applauding after this happened. Those two kayakers were very lucky not to have been killed! In fact they swam away completely uninjured; but that wasn't obvious at the time.

From reports I read about this incident, several kayakers were deliberately paddling among a pod of feeding humpbacks. I comprehend wanting to get close to wildlife, but being in a tiny boat among wild animals that can weigh up to fifty tons is just asking for trouble.