Which published characters do you use?

Dominique

Of all the published characters and organizations, which ones do you use in your games? I've used the Circle, Raven, VOICE, the Blood (I miss Aaron's input into the game), Lady Blue, Fox Bat (mostly as comic relief), a modified version of Eurostar (One of my personal all time favorite villain groups) using elements from Classic Enemies, Champions New Millenium, and CKC, Menton, Ripper, Mech Assassin, Grab (with modifications), PSI (I personally prefer the original version), and Firewing (with a re-written back story),

Re: Which published characters do you use?

Since I started GM'ing Champions, I've used Grond, Thorn, Pulsar, Tachyon & VIPER. I have plans for most of the rest of the published villains in Champions, CU & CKC as well as DEMON, the IHA, & many other published resources. If I don't actually use the villain(s) in game, there's a pretty good chance they'll show up in my PCs' "in-between" adventures - their PBEM solo storylines that run congruently with the main group session plots. There are a handful of published characters that I'm REALLY looking forward to using in game. I'd say who, but I think I have players who read this forum frequently. :thumbup:

If I use a pre-made adventure, I use the Champions Villains intended for use with it.

If I use my own adventure, they only show up if I need them as filler (Which leaves a few utility players; Herculan, Utility, and a couple others). Anyone else is from 4th ed and earlier or totally orignal.

Of all the published characters and organizations' date=' which ones do you use in your games? I've used the Circle, Raven, VOICE, the Blood (I miss Aaron's input into the game), Lady Blue, Fox Bat (mostly as comic relief), a modified version of Eurostar (One of my personal all time favorite villain groups) using elements from Classic Enemies, Champions New Millenium, and CKC, Menton, Ripper, Mech Assassin, Grab (with modifications), PSI (I personally prefer the original version), and Firewing (with a re-written back story),[/quote']

My current campaign is set firmly in the Champions Universe continuity - so any published character I haven't used is merely one that I haven't had a reason to use yet.

ZERO.

now of course if someone resembles a Marvel Universe denizen,

I'll file off the serial numbers and slip them in the side door.

Mechanon reminds me of Ultron strongly.

As long as DOJ makes original characters with fresh ideas,

they are immune to this treatment.

Well, at their root, quite a few...well, lots. Many. Buttloads. I don't always have time or the creative wherewithal to create a new villain group every session.

I'm not above lifting a character out of one of the books and dropping him into my campaign, especially if he/she fits the bill.

But I have only once used a character straight out of a book without tinkering. I always put them into the computer (back in the day that was WordPerfect 5.1...and these days it's HD) and do a little tweaking to suit the campaign.

The following, rewritten for style of play and background, have made appearances in my games:

Dr. Destroyer

Menton

Grond

Firewing

Foxbat

Eurostar (Original)

Scorpia

Carpathia

Mechanon

Crusader

Team Defender

Infinity Man

Solitaire

Hideous

Utility

Brainchild

Mind Titan

VIPER (VIPER X, Viperia)

On the other hand, over the 13 years of the campaign, most of my villains were homegrown.

In my current campaign, I've only used DEMON Brothers and Initiaties (greately rewritten). Everything else, including Morbanes for DEMON and other villains I've made myself. Well, except for Pulsar, but I just brought him in so a certain PC could kill him. Everyone else is pretty much my own or my player's creations.

Mind you, I'm not counting my other campaigns, where I have used Foxbat, Morningstar, Laser, Mirage, Dr. Destroyer, Mechanon, the member of Grab, various VIPER agents and Captain Chronos, to name a few.

Of all the published characters and organizations' date=' which ones do you use in your games? I've used the Circle, Raven, VOICE, the Blood (I miss Aaron's input into the game), Lady Blue, Fox Bat (mostly as comic relief), a modified version of Eurostar (One of my personal all time favorite villain groups) using elements from Classic Enemies, Champions New Millenium, and CKC, Menton, Ripper, Mech Assassin, Grab (with modifications), PSI (I personally prefer the original version), and Firewing (with a re-written back story),[/quote']

I agree with ya Dom, I miss Aaron as well. Of the characters that I've used in my Champions campaign, they all get revised (in many cases heavily) and re-worked a bit ... but, I also don't run in the actual CU. Here's a chunk of the list:

Foxbat

Genocide

IHA

Ogre

Crusader

Champions 4e/5e

Destroyer

PSI

Menton

Eurostar

Voice

Doc Arcane

Most of the characters from Alien Enemies

METE

Circle

Blood

McQuarks

Shamrock

Rainbow Archer

Black Paladin

Dark Seraph (none of the other crims)

Most of the characters from Classic Enemies

Demon (3e/4e)

Primus

UNTIL

Viper

COIL

Protectors

Kingdom of Champions Characters

I know there are many many more .. but ye olde brain is getting tired :)

I have similar lists to other people

Dr. Destroyer

Menton

Grond

Firewing

Foxbat

Eurostar (Original line up plus the added members Whip and White Flame)

Terror Inc

Mechanon

VIPER (including their supers VIPER X, Viperia, Black Mamba)

Cobra

Rainbow Archer

Ripper

Genocide

Voice

Dark Seraph (none of the other Crowns)

Black Paladin

The Protectors

And the rest are homegrown

My new Miami game will use: Anubis, Black Harlequin, Bodyjacker, Gravitar, Holocaust, Interface, Leech, Leviathan, Monster, Mordace, Morningstar, Riptide, Stingray, Thorn, White Rhino, Zigzag, Card Sharks (group), Coil (group), and Deathstroke (group). I'm still toying with adding a few others and some of the characters from Masterminds & Madmen might make it in too.

Have used in my two HeroCentral campaigns and/or my one FtF game:

Asesininos

Champions

DEMON

Freedom Squad

GRAB

PRIMUS

Ravenswood Academy

UNTIL

VIPER (including Ripper)

Ankylosaur

Armadillo

Betelgeuse

Binary Man

Bulldozer

Cavalier

Dr. Silverback (Cameo)

Fire & Ice (one person)

Foxbat

Hammerhand (Current plot)

Icicle

Kodiak

Kunoichi (NPC vs NPC, current plot)

Madame Guillotine (Background only, player left campaign before she arrived)

Ogre

Piledriver (Current plot)

Rainbow Archer

Ronin (mercenary in FtF game, PC in HC game!)

Roundhouse (NPC vs NPC, current plot)

Snapdragon

Sodeptan

Teknique

Trickshot (off camera, current plot)

Wraith (off camera, current plot)

The above names don't include those I have planned on showing up relatively soon. I've also introduced Hydro, but his character sheet isn't published. There is also one in a current plot who has shown up and sniped at the PCs from behind (doing an effective job), but since they don't know who the person is (hopefully!) I'm not putting that name on the list.

Have used with previous gaming groups, not including those above:

COIL

Conquerers

Cult of the Red Banner (including brother and sister duo Iron and Gold)

Eurostar (4E)

Protectors

Pure Earth Society

PSI

Terror Incorporated

"Ack Ack" McCleary

Armstrong

Black Paladin (4E)

Cold Drake

Disgustingly Powerful Ninja

Doctor Destroyer (4E High End) (and son, Annihilation - 4E Low End)

Dreadnought

Dynamo

Ember

Esper

Extreme Prejudice

Green Dragon

Gremlin

Griffin

Grond (4E)

Hercules

Leech (4E)

Masq

Stingray

Thunder and Lightning

Unknown (aliens I can't remember their names - squid faced and mystic powers, had Leatherwing mounts)

The above names don't include those I had planned on showing up and were doing background things.

This is all I can think up right now.

I think these were The Arcane....from Aliens Enemies.

Rob

:celebrate Yes! That's them. They were the biggest group feared in my old campaign (well, maybe tied with 4E Eurostar) because I really got a feel for them and how to make them spooky. (Lovecraft horror and all that.) Thanks! :thumbup:

I hasve used most of them, but I have had to Tweak the Villians. Most times hero is really good at making chacters while others you look at and say, what the??

I still remember the first book that let you play the chacters as villians or Heros.

My first chacter was Armildilo! Liked to tunnel behind villians and that yell "Surprise!! The great Armildillo has outwitted you!!!" With growns coming from my friends playing Sunbust and Defender..hehe, good times!!

Mmm, I don't think I could name all the ones I use.

Ones that often recurr include

Foxbat

GRAB

Ogre

Grond

Firewing

Bulldozer

PSI

VIPER (almost a given)

Lazer

Istvatha V'han and Takofanes are both good 'behind the scenes' types , but Teleois is great for background stuff.

One additional question, did you use the standard write-up, or a modified version? I know I almost completely re-wrote Firewings origin, and mixed in elements from three different versions of Eurostar (Classic Enemies, CKC, and Champions New Millennium

One additional question' date=' did you use the standard write-up, or a modified version? I know I almost completely re-wrote Firewings origin, and mixed in elements from three different versions of Eurostar (Classic Enemies, CKC, and Champions New Millennium[/quote']

Is that to me (since my post is directly above/before yours), or to everyone (since you started this thread)?

I generally use the NPCs as they're written up, with maybe minor modifications (a slight increase in Stun or an extra CLS or PSL). One character I always change a special part about that character's concept, just to surprise everyone when it's revealed.

However, I always make sure to give NPCs XP as well (though sometimes, like with Sapphire, I forget to spend them).

One additional question' date=' did you use the standard write-up, or a modified version? I know I almost completely re-wrote Firewings origin, and mixed in elements from three different versions of Eurostar (Classic Enemies, CKC, and Champions New Millennium[/quote']

I almost always re-write stats and backgrounds, using the published info as a basis and moving on from there :)