Thanks from a GM

Weldun

I have only been here a month, but already the ideas and discussions that fly through these hallowed threads have greatly eased by difficulties as a GM, and have increased the amount of fun and adventure found within the games I run. With so much brain-power to tap into, I have a campaign-plan that could now last for over 500 points of experience and still challenge the resulting PCs.

I would like to take this chance to thank you all. I look forward to what comes in the future and shall aspire to give as good as I get.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Thanks from a GM

I have only been here a month, but already the ideas and discussions that fly through these hallowed threads have greatly eased by difficulties as a GM, and have increased the amount of fun and adventure found within the games I run. With so much brain-power to tap into, I have a campaign-plan that could now last for over 500 points of experience and still challenge the resulting PCs.

I would like to take this chance to thank you all. I look forward to what comes in the future and shall aspire to give as good as I get.

Well, thanks a lot, says He with humility.

(Running away...)

Creative debate and the amicable exchange of ideas make EVERYTHING better.

I totally agree with you. And I'll taker it a step farther... This site has kept me sane as I struggle through rehab after some heart and back problems. It allows me to feel like I'm "still in the game" no matter what genre I'm craving at the time. :)

The Hero Games discussion forums are one the most knowledgeable and helpful collections of gamers anywhere. :thumbup:

And your thanks are appreciated, Weldun. Acknowledging the contributions of our fellow HEROphiles is something we probably overlook more than we should.

Yes, and don't forget to rep people too.

Some of my most treasured reps were 0 reps with very nice comments attached. Just the idea that you take a moment to send a private, kind word can be very rewarding to the people who receive it.

*sits there polishing his great sword*

Wait, what? Which setting is this? Star... Fantasy... Steampunk... OH, oh, a thank you thread! *puts the blade away* Sorry 'bout that. You're very welcome, glad to be here, glad to help. I love all these cats, even the ones I don't always get on with. I've found they can be as, if not more inspiring (although not always intentionally).

Best board on the net. Bar none. And without all that dangerous mucking about with d20 Improbability Drives.

Somebody thinks a lot of themselves... ;)

Just make sure you clean up after you're done...

(I'm so sorry, but I couldn't resist!)

He is cleaning up after himself. He's polishing that great big sword of his, to get out all the nicks that came from using and abusing it tonight. Regular maintenance is a must, if you want to keep everything in good condition ;)

What?

I'll join in the collective back-patting. I have gotten a lot out of these boards myself. That's why I try to share as much as I can...to earn what I get from the rest of ya.

...This site has kept me sane as I struggle through rehab after some heart and back problems. It allows me to feel like I'm "still in the game" no matter what genre I'm craving at the time. :)

And like Golden Age, I've been helped through some rough times by the escapism of these boards and the warmth and civility of the community's members. I endured a nasty and heartbreaking divorce, and this was often a therapeutic retreat for me.

Best board on the net. Bar none. And without all that dangerous mucking about with d20 Improbability Drives.
Well, "Are Killing Attacks Broken?" threads can generate just as much dangerous energy as improbability drives. Even worse, they never get you anywhere. :P