Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Seems Bugsby is responsible for a number of useful spells. :winkgrin:

Ah, but which is more useful - Bugsby's Flicking Finger, or Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion?

I'd certainly never bother V in the morning. Or afternoon. Probably not until after dinner.

Oh, that Imp!

He went and got the Drake (Dragon?) re-integrated and offered it revenge. He engineered depleting V's Disintigrates so that V would be forced to go to him for help. (I'm presuming he isn't dead since he isn't a pile of ash.)

:sneaky::eg:

Where's that dragon from? I don't remember it.

Where's that dragon from? I don't remember it.

Waaay early in the series. It was the first major foe the OotS fought. Varsuvious disintigrated it twice.

The dragon (obviously) failed the second save.

That bloody little Imp is clever, though. Notice he tried to warn V...

Or maybe not... someone on the Giant's forums stated this

It's not the same dragon:

1.) This one has red eyes, not green.

2.) This one has curvy horns, not straight.

3.) This one is at least double the size.

I didn't catch those differences. Maybe this is that dragon's mate or parent?

But it would be a real evil twist if...

...the dragon were a reincarnated Lord Kubota (who also got Disintigrated). :eg:

Something else pointed out on the Giant in the Playground forums: re-read the following comics.
  1. Comic 182, panel 4
  2. Comic 188, panels 2 and 3
  3. Comic 572, panel 7

Let the speculation begin.

Oh. My. God.

That is just so... so... Wicked.

Momma's gonna get herself a new pair of Elfskin shoes.

I really, really hope that Durkon has been keeping a remote eye on V and can come to the rescue -- or at least raise V afterwords.

If I was playing in this campaign' date=' I would have quit already. Roy's been dead for a year or more, V's about to die, Hayley has to give all her money to the Thieves' Guild and can't rescue her dad. There's been damn few wins and a whole lot of losses lately.[/quote']

Some gamers like a challenge :)

How many strips constitute one "game session"? This looks like maybe a couple of weeks' gaming as the GM frantically tries to deal with those blasted PC's splitting up the party, although he may have had to run sessions on different nights for the different subgroups.

Meh. Some things work better in fiction than in gaming. One of them is lengthy periods when the party is split. While the strip focused on Belkar and Haley, the writer didn't have four other players sitting bored, only to up that number to five when the focus shifted to Varsuvius.

If this were actually a game? Maybe the GM needs to lay down the law: Varsuvius left the party, so that player needs a new character. Roy's player needs to get over it and roll up a new character. Now maybe the GM can use the new characters to get the groups back together (or maybe one of the groups needs to roll up new characters...or both do and we split this into two campaigns).

But as fiction, it's a much more interesting read than "Oh no! I'm running out of hit points." "Cure Critical" "Thanks"

Another new one is up! HE is cranking them out this week' date=' ain't he?[/quote']

He's actually sort of broke a rule, we're getting these fast, good, and cheap/free!

Not that I'm complaining.

This is great bad ass villain talk

"While I?

I am still a dragon!"