Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

The best part was the look on Elan's face in the last panel. The exasperation, the frustration all out there to see! And then, I realized where I'd seen it before. Normally Roy wears it, often when having to deal with Elan

;)

It's an interesting parallel if you think about it. Both Roy and Elan have to deal with "necessary evils" now.

Rich is on a roll indeed!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0763.html

"But a hero always DOES oppose them, and beats them!"

"You know, Elan, you can't always fixate on the negative. You should try being more optimistic".

made me laugh

But over all, I'm just in awe at Rich's writing, and Tarquin is the most fascinating villain I've seen in years

Rich is on a roll indeed!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0763.html

"But a hero always DOES oppose them, and beats them!"

"You know, Elan, you can't always fixate on the negative. You should try being more optimistic".

made me laugh

But over all, I'm just in awe at Rich's writing, and Tarquin is the most fascinating villain I've seen in years

He would be an AWESOME lawyer. :D

JG

"If I win I get to be a king. If I lose I get to be a legend."

And if you strike me down I will become greater than you can imagine - no, wait, wrong character...

Lucius Alexander

And if I lose, I still have a palindromedary

There's something almost admirable in a villain who is unashamed about their villainy, who embraces it with all their being.

"If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, I get to be a legend." That's indeed a dangerously genre savvy character.

I wonder if it's telling where Tarquin made his speech -- and if the Empress succeeded in both her Listen and INT checks...

While amusing for him to be gulped down like a tasty snack, it would violate the rules of drama. Would be fine in a comedy though. I hope he doesn't get eaten; he's too awesome to die before his time.

While amusing for him to be gulped down like a tasty snack' date=' it would violate the rules of drama. Would be fine in a comedy though. I hope he doesn't get eaten; he's too awesome to die before his time.[/quote']

It would work in comedy if he was forced to flee to prevent getting eaten, too.