Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

I'm also wondering with this strip...

...if it's Serini (the halfling with Draketooth and Soon) who's doing the scrying?

And also with this strip...

...if Penelope was also related in some way to that draconic line. Hence, why Orrin sought her out to pop out a child -- as well as how she died mysteriously

How about a different appraoch:

The fact that he died, will cause his homes doom. Because he can't stop Xykon/some other bad from destroying his home.

Hmm . . . I don't recall the exact wording of the prophecy.

"On the Origins of PCs", Pg. 19

A priest of Odin gave the order to Durkon's religious superior. "You have a young cleric named Durkon Thundershield in your temple. When next he returns home, he will bring death and destruction for us all."

"On the Origins of PCs", Pg. 19

A priest of Odin gave the order to Durkon's religious superior. "You have a young cleric named Durkon Thundershield in your temple. When next he returns home, he will bring death and destruction for us all."

The irony there of course is that they could have

forbidden him to ever LEAVE home!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks the Dwarves made a clerical error

The irony there of course is that they could have

forbidden him to ever LEAVE home!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks the Dwarves made a clerical error

Wouldn't work. He was at the temple at that time and they thought that sooner or later he would go to his parents (home = place where he lives, not the land) anyway.

That brings me to an interstign question, could both be totally unrelated? What if the one "home" means the dwarven lands, the other "home" means his clans living place?

That means he could fullfill one (return to the dwarven lands) without fullfilling the other (return to his clans place of living)

Posthumously could mean:

As undead

As a corpse

As a ghost (like Roy did for a while)

Lucius Alexander

But not as a palindromedary

As a living character that had previously died and been brought back to life? Technically, everything that Roy is doing now is "posthumously". :sneaky:

We also have the familiar's testimony that inside the snarl' date=' is another world.[/quote']

Which bears an astonishing resemblance to ours. And blurs the issue of whether these are really characters in a game and know they are characters in a game, or whether that is only done for self-referential humor from time to time.

I'm sorry, I call malarki. Malarkey?

First, the spell was never originally described as being that powerful. Second, even the updated description still shouldn't have allowed it to kill the non-dragon blood descendants (i.e. non-bastard children I guess) of those who had previously mated with a Draketooth. They don't "share blood" in any sense that I find convincing.

By my estimation, the spell apparently extended as far as unrelated aunts and uncles via their non-dragon blood children. Wow.