Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Maybe I my caffeine levels are too low to pick up on this, but why did Redcloak go to so much trouble to cover up Tsukiko's death (having the wights eat her and then each other with the last one immolating itself) only to casually mention it to Xykon the next time they meet?

Maybe I my caffeine levels are too low to pick up on this' date=' but why did Redcloak go to so much trouble to cover up Tsukiko's death (having the wights eat her and then each other with the last one immolating itself) only to casually mention it to Xykon the next time they meet?[/quote']

It might be by telling the truth in such a flippant manner, Xykon will just assume he's joking and go on with his evil plans. But Redcloak will have the fall back of "I told you, you just didn't listen/believe" if ever called on it.

That or it's just part of working for an evil organization. Eliminating rivals is par for the course. He was just very thorough in his work to make an example for anyone who thinks about crossing him.

Or he got rid of the wights because he didn't want to leave any uncontrolled undead in his goblin city when he left.

Lots of options, time will tell.

EDIT: One last reason to kill all the wights: they overheard Redcloaks plans. Witnesses needed to be eliminated.

Maybe I my caffeine levels are too low to pick up on this' date=' but why did Redcloak go to so much trouble to cover up Tsukiko's death (having the wights eat her and then each other with the last one immolating itself) only to casually mention it to Xykon the next time they meet?[/quote']

That's not why he did it. He did it because if they hadn't eaten Tsukiko, she would have come back as a wight.

I'm not up to date, but is Zone of Truth a arcane spell? It would be like Xykon to have it up and running while questioning a henchman, and then Redcloak walks into it...

OR

one of the other guys explanations, which is simpler.

actually this might be...but he lied about the amulet successfully...

He disposed of her body, simply to avoid resurrection/creation as unded/speak to dead. And he let the wrights kill themself simply so there are not eyewitnesses (that Xykon could command to tell the story).

It seems he never insisted on keeping the fact that he killed her secret. Only the why/her conclusions are what he wants to keep secret from Xykon.

Not certain about a Zone of truth. Xykon would propably just killed him by accident, then had Redcloak cast "Speak to Dead" on him. Like he did when he misplaced his keys...