Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

See' date=' Tarquin has already explicitly acknowledged that Xykon needs to be dealt with..... and I forget what his motivation is for (temporarily) joining Nale's team. I thought he discussed it, but I can't seem to find it.... Maybe he didn't.[/quote']

Actually, his plan (as he told it) was to wait until the OOTS defeats Xykon, then defeat the Order.

On the other hand Nale seems to be more inclined to kill them outright (because of the whole evil twin thing).

So I wonder what Tarquins plan is here. Is he brokering an alliance between the OOTS and Linear Guild?

Seems unlikely, as they would have to disguise Malak and the Kobold. Of course they could just "outfly" the true seeing at long as it lasts.

Killing them outright?

Would be the exact opposite of what he planned.

Letting this attack fail?

Possible, but in a way that keeps his and Malak's identity secret.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

I'd say the plan is to sabotage Nale's efforts at interference at an opportune moment. After all, what better way to ensure Nale's team fails than to join it so that you can be there when the moment is right?

Not join them? Nail get's the failing right on hsi own.

Did Elan have an encounter with undead I missed, and lose that level of Dashing Swordsman?

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary in the Playground

I am certain there is one Trope that would have been invoked if Elan had attacked. So he is showing great genre-savvy here.

But I noticed that Tarquin is breaking character big time here.

What Trope is that?

Edit: And Elan I thought had been drained significantly by the succubi.

No idea, but there is bound to be one. There are so many.

About the Drain from Sabine: That was healed by Malak long before the one day to become permanent had passed.

I wonder if Durkon will realize that Thog isn't Thog due to the Hold Person not working. That's based on Will Save' date=' right?[/quote']

Yes it is. Of course it could just be a temporal enchantment like "Freedom fo Movement" or other resistance spell cast by the enemies Cleric.

It has been a while since I played D&D' date=' but is there actually a rule that would allow you to snatch an arrow mid-flight and then use it to stab someone? I know I could model it in the HERO system of course, but D&D?[/quote']

Afaik not. The ability to snatch Arrows is a Feat that requires a Reflex saving throw. You can use the arrow in your next attack, just like you could use one you had drawn normally.

I am certain there is one Trope that would have been invoked if Elan had attacked. So he is showing great genre-savvy here.

Specifically that characters are powerful one-on-one and mooks when they gang up. Also known as the "Inverse Ninja Rule."

JG

Specifically that characters are powerful one-on-one and mooks when they gang up. Also known as the "Inverse Ninja Rule."

JG

You mean Conservation of Ninjutsu.

But I was more thing that there might be a trope of a "midly effective" to "totally ineffective" character to help his "effective allies", but ends up makign it worse (by getting killed, for example).

New one is up:

852 Under the Helmet

Looks like Tarquin has to work on his Disguise and acting skills. He just got detected by a Fighter. Next thing Elan find out who he is.

That's how he uses his intelligence in combat! And much of his reasoning was analyzing "Thog's" fighting style - who would be better suited than the fighter to do so?