Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

why do I get this sense of foreboding' date=' and keep having flashbacks of Deathstroke dismantling the Teen Titans[/quote']

Well, when you replace raven with V it sound like the story told on this cover:

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/new-teen-titans-2-pre-New-52-first-Deathstroke-Ravager-e1321400789969.jpg

Well, V isn't dead yet -- if he were, wouldn't that mean he starts "paying off" that triple soul bond thingy that let him kill all those dragons?

And if he's not dead, there exists the possibility that something unexpected will revive him in time to join the fight and tip the outcome in the Order's favor.

That, or the General's deception will be realized, and Roy will convince him that the greater threat, the greater *battle*, would be against Xykon and they set aside (termporarily) their differences to achieve the common goal of keeping the world where they are not destroyed.

Well' date=' V isn't dead yet -- if he were, wouldn't that mean he starts "paying off" that triple soul bond thingy that let him kill all those dragons?[/quote']

Actually I never thought that they meant "when you die".

I think they secured themself the ability to take over V's body when they need it, to influence the human world directly. Especially when V is still alive.

Actually I never thought that they meant "when you die".

I think they secured themself the ability to take over V's body when they need it, to influence the human world directly. Especially when V is still alive.

Well, the terms that were stated in page 633 were that they would gain his soul for an equal amount of time.

"Each of us will get your soul for the same amount of time that you are under the effects of their Soul Splice."

They add that his soul would spend time with them. They didn't mention anything about his body.

Well' date=' the terms that were stated in page 633 were that they would gain his soul for an equal amount of time.

"Each of us will get your soul for the same amount of time that you are under the effects of their Soul Splice."

They add that his soul would spend time with them. They didn't mention anything about his body.

But on the same page V ask:

"And my Soul will remain in complete Controll of this Gestalt for the entire duration". So Control of soul = Control of Body.

Do elves have souls?

If not, they could not sell it to demons.

I am not fully convinced. It was called a "Soul Splice"' date=' not a "Body Splice". ;)[/quote']

But still V was concer that her Soul - not her Mind - stayed in control of her body during the soul splice.

Think about it:

Having her Soul for a few hours each in the afterlife would not get them anywhere. They could have just demanded the default "eternity after you die" deal - V even asked for it.

But they specifically proposed the leasing deal with "Exact Order of Custody to be determined at a later point" and no mention of "after you die". They get controll over V's soul while V is still alive and kicking and it is established that the soul controlls the action of the body.

Keep in mind that the evil externars (especially the Devil) are even better at the "Evil, Badass Manipulator" thing than Tarquin, Redcloak and Xykon Multiplied.

But still V was concer that her Soul - not her Mind - stayed in control of her body during the soul splice.

To some, that might be the same thing.

Think about it:

Having her Soul for a few hours each in the afterlife would not get them anywhere. They could have just demanded the default "eternity after you die" deal - V even asked for it.

They monologued a bit about their long-term goals, and stated that this was a proof-of-concept. Getting his soul (according to them, and even for a limited time) was not the goal of this offer. And V asked, presumably, due to an assumption, not that he *wanted* that to happen.

But they specifically proposed the leasing deal with "Exact Order of Custody to be determined at a later point" and no mention of "after you die". They get controll over V's soul while V is still alive and kicking and it is established that the soul controlls the action of the body.

The three are of the afterworld. They can make dealings with the living, but otherwise can't souljack someone. They way they get a soul to use is by its body dying. Like the three souls offered in the Splice. The "After you die" bit is presumed, given the way this fictionalized D&D-like world works.

Keep in mind that the evil externars (especially the Devil) are even better at the "Evil' date=' Badass Manipulator" thing than Tarquin, Redcloak and Xykon Multiplied.[/quote']

True. But even they have limits.

They monologued a bit about their long-term goals' date=' and stated that this was a proof-of-concept.[/quote']

They told a lot of stuff. Inlcuding that they "just waited for the first request comming down the line", wich turned out to be utter nonsense.

If it isn't part of the contract, it's not part of the contract.

The three are of the afterworld. They can make dealings with the living' date=' but otherwise can't souljack someone.[/quote']

They don't have to Souljack V. V has a running Contract. A Contract in wich V guaranteed them access to his Soul for a amount of time as specified here:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0667.html

That' date=' or the General's deception will be realized, and Roy will convince him that the greater threat, the greater *battle*, would be against Xykon and they set aside (termporarily) their differences to achieve the common goal of keeping the world where they are not destroyed.[/quote']

See, Tarquin has already explicitly acknowledged that Xykon needs to be dealt with..... and I forget what his motivation is for (temporarily) joining Nale's team. I thought he discussed it, but I can't seem to find it.... Maybe he didn't.