Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

It's possible' date=' though unlikely, that the massacre is an illusion. We are dealing with illusionists after all, and how better to get people to trust their eyes than to make it look like they've got no illusions to fear?[/quote']

Something like that had crossed my mind as well. And the illusion not holding up to halfling senses would make sense, given the older groups (what were they called again?) group dynamic.

Afaik it only went 2-3 generations deep.

Edit: Definitely only 2 generations. Otherwise V would have wiped out the entire species back then.

That's not what I took away from that. I thought he had Familicid-ed *all* of her Progeny, regardless of how many intervening generations. There were 64 various dragons pictured being killed. That seems like a lot for just two generations, especially for an apex predator.

Every living creature that directly shares your bloodline is dead.

Every living creature that is directly related to any of *those* creatures is also dead.

Anyone who could possibly make a claim to be part of your family is now gone.

Wouldn't a child still "directly share" the bloodline of their great-great-great grandparents? Why would someone need to stop at only two generations of descendants? A dragon could still say "You killed my great-grandmother!" to V.

Here's an evil thought...

I've theorized Draketooth as being actually a dragon (either bronze, brass or copper). What if he was a black dragon -- and he and his kin were related to the black dragon's family line that V wiped out?

I'm probably wrong, but what if indeed?

Good call.

My prediction:

Yukyuk the Kobold will kill Belkar - either on Varsuvius' orders or after breaking out of the enchantment, or in circumstances that cast doubt on which

Lucius Alexander

Order of the Palindromedary

And we have the latest iteration of the Gates' defences failing due exactly to the strengths that their defenders celebrated. Lirian's gate, defended by Nature, was lost to an unnatural lich and then destroyed in a wild fire.

Dorukan's gate, defended by the magic of a solitary defender was lost to the enemy by Dorukan reaching out to another, and then destroyed by the magical self-destruct function that he built in.

Soon's Gate, defended by paladin's honour and the strength of the Sapphire Guard, was lost to the enemy due to deceit at the heart of the defence and then destroyed by a paladin's misguided sense of honour.

The defences of Girard's gate, we can now see, were compromised by his reliance on family. I assume that we are going to see it destroyed as some kind of ironic consequence of dependence on illusion.

And we have the latest iteration of the Gates' defences failing due exactly to the strengths that their defenders celebrated. Lirian's gate, defended by Nature, was lost to an unnatural lich and then destroyed in a wild fire.

Dorukan's gate, defended by the magic of a solitary defender was lost to the enemy by Dorukan reaching out to another, and then destroyed by the magical self-destruct function that he built in.

Soon's Gate, defended by paladin's honour and the strength of the Sapphire Guard, was lost to the enemy due to deceit at the heart of the defence and then destroyed by a paladin's misguided sense of honour.

The defences of Girard's gate, we can now see, were compromised by his reliance on family. I assume that we are going to see it destroyed as some kind of ironic consequence of dependence on illusion.

Well reasoned, I look forward to seeing if this is correct.

Well, if I recall correctly, the halfling who's supposed to be guarding the final gate had it surrounded by ferocious monsters as a way to honor the strength of the deceased dwarven barbarian (which makes me wonder if that'll play in into Durkon's death/prophecy about his return being responsible for the destruction of his home in any way).

Well' date=' if I recall correctly, the halfling who's supposed to be guarding the final gate had it surrounded by ferocious monsters as a way to honor the strength of the deceased dwarven barbarian (which makes me wonder if that'll play in into Durkon's death/prophecy about his return being responsible for the destruction of his home in any way).[/quote']

He is going to be responsible for the destruction of his home?

As far as I know it was only said that he would "return home posthumously". Nothing about destroying his home anywhere.