Order of the Stick

Rapier

I agree. This rollercoaster needs to come to a stop. I've been expecting the arc to end since they blew the gate.

Word of god a few months ago (it was even posted here) is that were are just halfway through the whole story. This is an unexpected direction, but an important part of the story non the less.

One should note how the Oracle answered Elans Question "Will this Story have a Happy End?" "Yes - for you at least."

Well, it wasn't a burned out one by the looks of things, so it could even be actually Useful to V &/or Blackwing

Discussion on the giant forum is that Blackwing was closest to the orange bauble when he was swatted down and holding an orange one in his claws in the last panel. Orange stones grant +1 to caster level.

It doesn't raise save DC as the other person said, but caster level factors into a number of things, usually dependent on spell. For example, Disintegrate deals 2d6 damage per caster level, to a max of 40d6. +1 caster level boosts the damage on it by 2d6. Haste lasts 1 round per caster level, so +1 caster level makes it last a round longer. Caster level also makes spell effects harder to dispel, and makes it easier for the caster to overcome spell resistance.

Rich is a master of storytelling. This was just so lovely. Tarquin couldn't be more wrong about Elan, he's grown a lot in this.

And yes, he got to throw his father's earlier comment back at him "You'll live."

And I can't help but smile at the next to the last panel. Tarquin truly sounds afraid there to me.

Rich is a master of storytelling. This was just so lovely. Tarquin couldn't be more wrong about Elan, he's grown a lot in this.

And yes, he got to throw his father's earlier comment back at him "You'll live."

And I can't help but smile at the next to the last panel. Tarquin truly sounds afraid there to me.

I think it's because it's dawning on him that he's not the main villain and therefore just a side show portion of the story.