Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

The Leopardess is what you call giving free reign to the artist.

The Tribble, yes this Tribble, realised that were a lot of villains around with animal motifs. Lions, Tigers, Cheetahs, Crocodiles, Sabretooths, Panthers and Rhinoes to name a few that have graced comic book and game books. But where, oh where are the Leopards ?

Certainly there is a film of the name with Burt Lancaster in the main role but no character that has graced a comic or game manual. To my knowledge that is.

Deciding that this needed to be addressed I contacted Storn who cried 'By Crom ! This is an injustice ! I must do a picture subject to being commissioned to do so !'

And so it was dearly beloved. I simply asked for a female Leopard character clearly of African or African American descent, pose upto the artist and subject to the comics code.

So mote it be.

Originally posted by Quasar

I believe my response was that it is f'ing awesome!!! (Can I say that on these boards?)

Thanks Neil for your involvement!

Here is the HDC file for those who are interested. Enjoy!

I forgot there is an error in the Anvil HDC file, which I intend to correct when I get home. I'll upload a revised copy at that time. His Lack of Weakness is against Physical, not Mental Find Weakness attempts.

DT, several of these commissions I've done outside of my studio... cause I can. I went to Chicago to see Rembrandt and got a couple done on the train. Was in stuck in Ann Arbor for a day, got a couple more done. But yours, I need to have my computer to see the reference you sent me. And alas, I'm up to my eyeballs in publishers work.

I hope to get to your 'cross the pond pic next week/ this weekend.. Stay tuned!

I was not talking about that one but other ones that have you to be commissioned. That I have ideas for.

Something to make you think, how do I do this ?

Stretching the artistic muscles. Like wildlife with a gun....

or a slimey homedweller with an artillery piece..

and various non caucasian people. I'll say no more and leave the others frothing with anticipation.

• 5 weeks later...

Re: YES !!! Thank you Storn

Good to see your latest work dude . Kind of reminds me of a lady posted on the NGB . Vanessa Upton somethin' or other .

Well, DT has met Vanessa in person and has posted a few of her pictures...

As always, nice work Storn. Though I'm not 100% on the red boot soles.

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Happy St. George's Day from Death Tribble.

To that end, Death Tribble commissioned this oh-so-very Anglo pic! I luv our brothers and sisters across the Pond.

thanks D.T., this one was fun and nerve wracking at the same time.

Oooh! How much ya charge for a commission? :D

Actually, I'd like to use the Britannia pic, but with longer blonde hair. lol Just submitted a character named Britannia about three - four days ago to a game.

Storn' date=' I'm curious if you would ever post some of your working sketches here? I'm always interested to see the process behind the pictures, especially with such consistently beautiful artworks.[/quote']

Stay tuned.

Death Tribble and I are actually discussing a project to do exactly that. But it will be a bit. First, I have other commissions (and pro work) to get thru. I usually do not have sketches at the end of the project for superhero stuff... cause it gets inked. All those pencil lines get erased. However, buried in this thread are some superhero doodles that I did in my sketch book, in pencil only.

Also, my fantasy stuff, I tend to do a photoshop "digital watercolor", so the integrity of the pencils in those pieces... are pretty much the sketch itself. There is a thread over in the Fantasy Hero section.

Oooh! How much ya charge for a commission

$45.00 per figure. Regardless of black & white or color.

Don't suppose you use Painter for your digital colouring? If I recall correctly, it can record your paintstrokes and play them back as an animation...

One thing I plan to do if I ever get my video-editing PC up and running again, is to do a time-lapse of me drawing... dunno if you have a set up to do that...