Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

From that prolific character generator, Death Tribble... Poley Bear. And a bit of DT's musings on the character....

What's worse than a Polar Bear ? A Polar Bear with a gun

What's worse than a Polar Bear with a gun ? A Polar Bear that knows

he's cool

How do you know that the Polar Bear is cool ? Because he's wearing a

leather jacket

What's worse than a Polar Bear wearing a leather jacket and carrying a

gun ? A Polar Bear that's mean

How do you tell whether a Polar Bear is mean ? Because they've been

able to go to the dentist and get a gold tooth

What's worse than a mean Polar Bear wearing a leather jacket and

carrying a gun ?

A Polar Bear that's evil.

How can you tell that a Polar Bear is evil ?

Because he's setting a bad example to kids by smoking

Storn, I love the picture. :hail:

Death Tribble, I love the description. :hail: Is that a Baby Seal leather jacket?

Oh yeah, he's bad. Just look at him. You'd be pissed too if you mostly lived on seal blubber. His colesterol level must be in the 6 billion range.

To me, he has that "Wha'chu lookin at, eh?" look on his face.

Nicely done. :thumbup:

Jak

Anyone planning on using Poley should remember that he is a baddie.

You know the sort that cheers on Dr Destroyer. Or suggests that the female hero should be turned into a female polar bear in heat to make her talk.

And no he doesn't in the woods. To the horror and disgust of all Polar Bears he uses the cubicle.

Note he is Polar Bear size, not man size so whose doing his tailoring. And think of the size of the gun.

My next commission for Storn will be a Japanese lady. But here's where you can affect the outcome. She has a costume with the Infinity symbol rotated vertically with an Atomic Bomb explosion in each loop. Now would this look better against a white costume or a black one. I'm undecided. What do you think ?

Hmm ... I'd have to see the logo, but I would say it depends on the shade of the emblem ... if it's a darker shade, put it against a white background ... if it's light, use black

Note he is Polar Bear size, not man size so whose doing his tailoring. And think of the size of the gun.

My next commission for Storn will be a Japanese lady. But here's where you can affect the outcome. She has a costume with the Infinity symbol rotated vertically with an Atomic Bomb explosion in each loop. Now would this look better against a white costume or a black one. I'm undecided. What do you think ?

I did try to make the Thompson, despite the 100 round drum, to look almost pistol size in his mitt.

As for Black or white... since I can do gradations, why not do a black to white gradation down the entire body suit... keeping the symbol fairly high on the body (patch, upper breast region) in white and having the contrast of the dark grays, blacks to key off of?

Good Day HEROdom, I have a QUESTION !!! . While I admit to being a fan of Storn's Art, WHERE ARE THE CHARACTERS !!! . ;)

Graciously your

QM., esq.

P.S.; I love the write ups I've seen and would really like to see the rest of them. Even if they are not in HERO. I'm sure one of Storn's enthusiastic fans would be more than happy to convert them if he had tha other system stats.:)

Probably the characters have not been posted as:-

1) The owners ar too shy;

2) The owners are paranoid;

3) the owners do not have Hero Designer;

4) the owners do not like Hero Designer;

5) the owners want you to use your imagination;

6) the owners want you to go away or they'll send the boys around;

7) the owners have not had time to do the stats yet;

For my part nos 1-7 apply.

Anyone who wants to make suggestions re my ones can go ahead. I need a good laugh. Except the Medusa one. That's off limits.

Not that my vote counts any less or more than anyone elses, this is a democratic thread... I don't control it. I wouldn't mind folks putting up stats to characters depicted in this thread.

It would be nice to have it all be fairly respectful and fun.... I think versions done by third parties will have to be understood to take characters in directions that their creators (me and the other dude/ette who actually wrote the character) didn't intend. But that should and could be fun to see the actual differences. Interpertation of 1 superhero image by 20 folks will probably net you 23 different versions of said superhero. Paraphrasing an old joke.

Heh Storn, why not get them to post their Character/Backgrounds, Personality/Motivations, Quotes(to go with the pics), and Powers/Tactics, Appearence is a given ;) . That way their stats are safe, but we get an idea what they are capable of and style of combat.

That would work !

Sincearly

QM.

I'm not going to get anyone to do anything. If folks want to post that stuff. Fine by me. If they don't want to, fine by me.

• 2 weeks later...

First up is a private commission for "aric_dacia".

2nd is a "reject" sketch. I rejected it, not because it is a bad doodle, but because it didn't quite fit the character concept and I ended up redrawing it from scratch. But I thought someone might get a kick or a use for it.

Here is Death Tribble's mentioned Infinity (I think he talked about her on the other thread.). Enjoy.

Oh, she's terrific, Storn. I'm always in awe of your work. I've developed whole superteams based on your images from this thread.

Here is Death Tribble's mentioned Infinity (I think he talked about her on the other thread.). Enjoy.

Twin suns in August.

Infinity is a direct descendant of families from Hiroshima and Nagasaki who were affected by the bombs, Little Boy and Fat Man.

She is not interested in World domination or riches. But she will change the world. And if that means killing people, so be it.

Multi-nationals, triads, tongs, yakuza, and those susceptible to corruption are her primary targets.

She regards Dr Destroyer, the Warlord, PSI, Viper, Cobra, Takofanes, Menton, Teleios, Mechanon, Eurostar and the Crowns of Krim as enemies.

She blames everyone for the world's ills. The banks for the problems in Africa, the warlords for exploiting their own people there, the British for the legacy of empire, the Americans for the murder of her countrymen in the Atomic raids and the fire raids, her own people for the Yakuza, ill treatment of those who work in the butchery and other professions, the status of women and an adherance to the Code of Bushido which led to the A-Bombs, the Germans for the treatment of the Jews, the Russians for Communism and the gulags etc. She can find fault with almost anyone.

Twin suns in August.

Infinity is a direct descendant of families from Hiroshima and Nagasaki who were affected by the bombs, Little Boy and Fat Man.

She is not interested in World domination or riches. But she will change the world. And if that means killing people, so be it.

Multi-nationals, triads, tongs, yakuza, and those susceptible to corruption are her primary targets.

She regards Dr Destroyer, the Warlord, PSI, Viper, Cobra, Takofanes, Menton, Teleios, Mechanon, Eurostar and the Crowns of Krim as enemies.

She blames everyone for the world's ills. The banks for the problems in Africa, the warlords for exploiting their own people there, the British for the legacy of empire, the Americans for the murder of her countrymen in the Atomic raids and the fire raids, her own people for the Yakuza, ill treatment of those who work in the butchery and other professions, the status of women and an adherance to the Code of Bushido which led to the A-Bombs, the Germans for the treatment of the Jews, the Russians for Communism and the gulags etc. She can find fault with almost anyone.

She sounds like a sweetie. WHat's her power level?

Excellent! Especially that first one.

(Though it serves to remind me that my faces have NO detail at all. Like a squiggle for a nose and one for the mouth, but that's about it. I really need to work on that.