WWYD if you could recieve ONE super power

Spiral

Re: WWYD if you could recieve ONE super power

Multiform inside a VPP (that has "Only Multiforms," "Only One Power," etc.).

Failing that, 4th Edition Shapeshift. You know, back when Shapeshift altered your physical conformation (i.e., shifted your shape). Instead of the messy crash-and-burn that 5th Ed. has.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest daeudi_454

I would like to thank everyone for their replies it has given me some good ideals for a game I am planning to run where the PC's will recieve ONE power after waking up one morning.

It will be a low powered game and a change from their current 500+ point characters they are currently playing. I can hear the groans now they like those multipowers and VPP's but sometimes change is good and needed.

Yep- I would definitely choose a Naked Advantage: Variable Advantage for that.

Oddly enough, I just had a similar discussion with my wife this weekend. Since we have a 2-year old and a 2-month old, we have decided that Duplication with four forms each would allow both of us to work, stay home with the kids, goof off and sleep simultaneously. Of course, my wife pointed out that our dupes would probably argue over who got to do what...

Required rule-breaker response: Physical transformation: Anything into Anything Else.

2nd required rule-breaker response: cosmic VPP

semi-serious response: yeah, probably complete life support (Inherant not being really required, so you could turn it off anytime you wanted.)

What he said.

But the life support would be more than the immortality. You could do deep sea diving with no equipment. Rescues, salvage, whatever.

Fire rescues would be much easier too, no need for breathing and no problem with the heat, though you'd probably have to be careful with the actual fire.

Of course' date=' my wife pointed out that our dupes would probably argue over who got to do what...[/quote']

Oh gods, I just remembered the Calvin&Hobbes story arc where Calvin invented a duplicator. Dozens of Calvins, all of them arguing with each other! It was a riot! :rofl:

Telepathy or Universal Translator with the Knowledge of Culture and Events.

The Peace Maker

Hey! that's not a Peace Maker power... That's more like a "Path to peace through engendering a growing mutual understanding amongst mankind if only mankind wanted true peace and understanding rather than selfish world domination which is much more likely to be what it actually wants" power...

The power I want:

Major Mental Transform, Improved Results Group (Anything +1), Completely Invisible Effect

...is a Peace Maker power... don't give them a choice.

Cheers,

-k

Assuming I couldn't just have a Large VPP with Cosmic on it and the special effect being "what ever I d*** well please. Hmm It would have to be Teleportation with all the little*(and big) adders. The ability to be somewhere one second and all the way across the world in the next just appeals to me. But maybe you could tell that by my self made Title.

La Rose

Sir Teleportation.

I would either want 100 PRE or Perfect Knowledge of all events in the past.

100 PRE would be pricy (90 Points)

But

90 KS: All Events That Have Happened -99

Would allow me to know the answer to everthing that has hapened without messing with knowledge about things that are going to happen, so I could stil live, gamble and love. I would suck to meat your future wife and already know when and how she is going to die/cheat or whatever else could happen.

I would either want 100 PRE or Perfect Knowledge of all events in the past.

100 PRE would be pricy (90 Points)

But

90 KS: All Events That Have Happened -99

Would allow me to know the answer to everthing that has hapened without messing with knowledge about things that are going to happen, so I could stil live, gamble and love. I would suck to meat your future wife and already know when and how she is going to die/cheat or whatever else could happen.

Although, once you met her, you would be fully aware of her.. *ahem*, history.

... I would suck to meat your future wife and already know when and how she is going to die/cheat or whatever else could happen.

I donno, If I was *meating* my future wife or any other lass, things can't suck too badly.

I will leave it to others to PUNish my use of the term suck

Guest daeudi_454

Clairsentience' date=' Retrocognition, only to see which of the @#$!!! cats is pissing on the floor in front of the litter box.[/quote']

They take turns, check the scratching post for the schedule.

Didn't they send you the memo?

Clairsentience' date=' Retrocognition, only to see which of the @#$!!! cats is pissing on the floor in front of the litter box.[/quote']

For about $25 you can buy a mini color wireless CCD camera. Just plug the receiver into the AUX inputs on the VCR and pop in an 8 hr tape!

But this makes three of us (at last count) that picked Clairsentience with Retrocognition. :D

... I would suck to meat your future wife and already know when and how she is going to die/cheat or whatever else could happen.

I donno' date=' If I was *meating* my future wife or any other lass, things can't suck too badly.[/quote']

"Human, the other, other white meat." :idjit:

And if *meating* is what she gets, you think she *won't* have a history? That's why it would suck. :idjit:

Thoug, if you had Life Support, Immunity to all Terrestrial Diseases, then go right ahead! :celebrate

Clairsentience with the ability to see/hear/etc. events anywhere' date=' at any time in the past or present (regardless of illumination present). I'd use it to track down all missing persons, find wanted people and give anonymous tips on their whereabouts, and get the absolute truth as to what really happened at any point in history...[/quote']

That's the power I wanted. If everyone knew you had the power then it should reduce the levels of serious crime since you could tell the police exactly who did it and (more importantly) where to find any evidence to get a conviction.

Guest daeudi_454

That's the power I wanted. If everyone knew you had the power then it should reduce the levels of serious crime since you could tell the police exactly who did it and (more importantly) where to find any evidence to get a conviction.

Nice power, but it seems the mob, FBI, DEA, CIA, NSA, IRS, McDonalds, Phillip Morris, and everyone else on the planet would want you dead.

Mental Illusions, only to change memories, invisible, reduced END, a whole lot to dice.

"No I don't owe you money. Don't you remember? I paid you back weeks ago and loaned you $20 to boot. You owe me money."

"Hi. Remember me? We met at your friend's party. We had a real good time together after the party."

"But, honey, you said that since I had been so good all week, I could just sit around and play on my computer today. You remember saying that don't you?"

I think I would go with force field.

Force Field (PD/ED/Mental Defense/Power Defense/Flash Defense:Touch Group/Flash Defense: Smell/Taste Group/Flash Defense: Sight Group/Flash Defense: Mental Group/Flash Defense: Hearing Group)

with numbers as high as possible, flight might be good until someone shoots you down or something "Did you see tha size o that pigeon".