What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Rewatching the Wiseguy show on Hulu. Enjoyed the Sonny Steelgrave episodes as much now as I did then. I just can't escape the feeling that they changed the last episode a bit. Of course it could be my own memory playing tricks on me.

cbs could have had the writers make an alternate endingor it could have been rewritten to account for an actors injury i remember an episode of MIAMI VICE needed rewriting to work around an injury

I watched Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" Awards

In four words? No shortage of rednecks. Of course, I just may be a redneck, since I found this program to be highly amusing.

Operation Repo on TruTV

I like this show, but I always have weird dreams afterwards. (Lots of badguys trying to take my stuff.)

Surrogates with Bruce Willis. Interesting idea.

Mesrine: Killer Instinct and Mesrine: Public Enemy No 1. Two films about a French crook who escaped from Maximum Security in Canada and France and was gunned down by the French Police in 1979 while waiting at a traffic light.

Army of Crime. The story of the Communist Resistance in France during World War II and what they did. Made up of Spanish, Italians, Armenians and Jews. Fascinating story.

District 9. Sorry I missed this at the cinema.

Episodes of Batman: the Brave and the Bold and Batmand: Beyond. As a side effect, I had many dreams last night, but in the one I remember best I was a superhero in WWII and the Earth was being invaded by aliens from space. At first I invented a superior tank to aid the Army against the aliens, then offered my services as a combatant (I don't remember what my powers were, but I was carrying a HUGE (6-7 feet long long, 3 feet diameter) multishot rocket launcher. The Army wouldn't let me help, and the last thing I remember before waking up was trying to line up a shot against one of the alien ships without getting in the way of the soldiers.

Just saw Stop Making Sense' date=' Jonathan Demme's legendary concert film about the Talking Heads. David Byrne seems to have been made of rubber, epileptic or[i'] both[/i]. I was amazed at several points that he didn't fall off the stage.

But why the big suit?

I've been watching Primeval season 3 on my DVD player.So far,I'm up to the episode where a medieval knight chases a dinosaur through an anomaly into 20th-century London.

I've also been to see the Wolfman remake.Yes,that's right,I said remake.(They even include Curt Siodmark's poem at the beginning).

However,there are some considerable differences.The first being that it's shot in color,not B & W,as the original was).

The second being much better special effects.While they still use the traditional wolfman form,it's shown running on all four paws ,then standing up when necessary or dramatically appropriate.The transformation sequences also are clearly inspired by An American Werewolf in London.

And I have to warn you,there is plenty of gore in this movie.Both wolfmen rip off limbs,heads,and other pieces of human anatomy.

Finally,the storyline has been considerably modified.Lawrence Talbot IS bitten by a werewolf,the werewolf is NOT a gypsy.In fact,I have to wonder if the writers saw Ang Lee's Hulk movie.While the story does include gypsies and a silver-headed cane,I have to query why they are both still in this movie, ESPECIALLY the cane.

We saw "Fantastic Mr Fox" when it hit the cheap seats at a local movie house. It's a wonderful film, which seems really written for adults, but accessible by kids. One of the running jokes in the film is the use of the word "cuss" to represent profanity. At one point, Mr Fox mentions that something would be a "clustercuss", which was followed by a little girl in back of us asking, "Momma, what's a 'clustercuss'?" :)

JoeG

Watched Legend of Zorro last night. Zorro the family man has to deal with his son who takes after him, and his wife who is blackmailed to investigate a illuminati type conspiracy.

Watching Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee, John Saxon, and Jim Kelly versus the one armed man

CES

Just saw Stop Making Sense' date=' Jonathan Demme's legendary concert film about the Talking Heads. David Byrne seems to have been made of rubber, epileptic or[i'] both[/i]. I was amazed at several points that he didn't fall off the stage.

But why the big suit?

I watched Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes. Excellent prosthetics' date=' and Helena Bonham-Carter was so [i']cuute[/i] as a Chimp!

Stop Making Sense is such a great movie. I think the big suit was all about the visual. It was sort of a performance art thing in the 1980s mode. Very similar to stuff that Laurie Anderson used to do.

I liked a lot about the Burton Planet of the Apes, but the ending wrecked it for me. The production design of the whole movie was brilliant though.

Stop Making Sense is such a great movie. I think the big suit was all about the visual. It was sort of a performance art thing in the 1980s mode. Very similar to stuff that Laurie Anderson used to do.

Although I've never seen Stop Making Sense (but I do have the album), I recall when it came out and the stir it made. And I have to fess up: "why the big suit" is one of the tag lines on the album (and I recall for the film.)

I liked a lot about the Burton Planet of the Apes' date=' but the ending wrecked it for me. The production design of the whole movie was brilliant though.[/quote']

I feel much the same way. I'm sure he was setting up for a sequel with that ending, but it killed my enthusiasm to have such a downer ending.