What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Sharktopus. I expected a horrible, cheezy monster flick, and it delivered! I wonder if they were getting kickbacks from the Mexico tourism board. If you could ignore the giant toothed/tentacled horror it played like something from the Travel channel.

Takers. A bunch of thieves in Los Angeles having just pulled one heist are offered another by a recently released comrade. A B movie you can see why it was not released over here commercially at least. Decent cast Matt Dillon, Idris Elba, Matt Walker, Chris Brown and Haydn Christianson (who has no time to be annoying).

I watched Booth at the End on Hulu. It was obviously done as cheaply as possible (there's only one set), but it was still excellent. Most of the actors did very well, the writing was good.

I'm guessing the 'deal maker' is doing this to get what he wants, but I have no idea what that is.

Disc 1 of "The Starlost" from Netflix. It's a low budget Canadian Sci-Fi show that was syndicated here in the States back in 1973. The show is set on a generation ship that's off course, with no one still trained on how to repair. The three leads (Keir Dullea and two others I don't recognize) must travel around looking for someone who can provide information or skills to repair the ship. It's not bad, about on par with other '70s low budget sci fi.

There are some tantalizing things for turning it into a game setting, and it does remind me of Metamorphosis Alpha, but without the mutations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starlost

JoeG

watching (well rewatching) some old favorites - my WWII trifecta - Kelley's Heroes, Dirty Dozen and Great Escape (and there are 2 actors that are in both Kelley's and Dirty Dozen, and one common to Dirty Dozen and Escape.... no one in Kelleys in is Great Escape sadly....)

Bonnie and Clyde

Way of the Dragon. Name a better martial arts battle than Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris

Jet Li versus Billy Chow in Fist of Legend. Also, Jet Li versus Jackie Chan in Forbidden Kingdom. Or, Jackie Chan versus Benny "the Jet" Urquidez in Wheels in Meals.