What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Just watcher the episode of Rome where Vorenus picks up his children from the slave camp. Not really up to the standards of the series; the scenes were all OK in and of themselves, but they didn't really build well.

Not liking Vorenus and Pullo the liberators, either. Vorenus is an ex slave-owner and wanabe slave dealer himself, and Pullo has had more than his share of enslaved whores. The righteous indignation may be culturally appropriate, but the knowledge of who these men are just kills my sympathy.

Just watcher the episode of Rome where Vorenus picks up his children from the slave camp. Not really up to the standards of the series; the scenes were all OK in and of themselves, but they didn't really build well.

Not liking Vorenus and Pullo the liberators, either. Vorenus is an ex slave-owner and wanabe slave dealer himself, and Pullo has had more than his share of enslaved whores. The righteous indignation may be culturally appropriate, but the knowledge of who these men are just kills my sympathy.

Sounds like something I should be watching. I like morally ambiguous characters - they're more like how most people really are.

Just watched episode 13 of season 3 of Stargate: Atlantis. And enjoyed the end of the "Kolya" arc thoroughly.

Tonight I watched (well, my wife watched) The Biggest Loser Australia edition, followed by about half an hour of Top Gear. This was followed by the Russell Crowe episode of South Park.

Sigh. But at least one class of my students is watching Spiderman tomorrow and another will be watching Memento later this week.

I just saw the last 90% of Joe and Max. I had heard of Joe Louis, and Max Schmeling's fights. I even heard of their friendship and the swarm of geo politics around them ... but I really enjoyed this movie. How historically accurate it is I don't know, but I still reccomend it and I don't even really like boxing.

An Inconvenient Truth. While you may not agree with the politics or science, it's darn interesting to see what Al Gore is talking about, and how he backs it up. Likely to be the subject of a lot of political debate in the coming years.

I just got done with Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit from NetFlix. Oh... my... God.... too funny. I nearly died laughing at a couple of points.

Wallace and Gromit are the shiznit. :D

If you haven't seen them yet, I highly recommend the other ones in the series. Should be able to pick up a combo set. Much shorter than the CotWR - when watching CotWR I kept expecting it to wrap up because I was used to the shorter times, but it kept going!

OK, now I'm going to have images of vacuumed-up floating bunnies in my head all day. :)

The director's cut of Alexander the Great. I never knew that the Macedonians all spoke Irish. And then in old age could speak English so eloquently. And guess what ? Alexander was gay. Angelina Jolie is the only one who even attempted a Greek accent. She came out of the thing quite well.

Angelina Jolie is the only one who even attempted a Greek accent. She came out of the thing quite well.

I agree with that. She gets a lot of static over a weird personal life (standard issue for a Hollywood star) and some bad script choices, but she's a pretty solid actress even in bad films.

Watched episodes 1-6 of Robotech. Enjoyed it thoroughly way back when - still enjoying it now. Bought the whole remastered box set and am going to watch it all. And yes, anime purists, I know all about it being three different series and not being like those original Japanese series. And I don't care :P

Lansdale

Watched Oliver Stone's JFK. As powerful as they say it is. The 3 most powerful parts are:

1) the first 10 minutes. W-O-W!!

2) the scenes with Mr X

3) the concluding court case with Jim Garrison/Kevin Costner debunking the Report of the Warren Commission.

Thanks Jim for bringing the only court case in this travesty, and for being a "soldier of truth".

ON Encore there was a showing of "Heaven and Earth" a big budget Japanese Samurai movie with lots of big battle scenes and some amazing scenery. Sub titled but well worth watching. I have no idea if it was historically accurate, but it was a great movie.

Caught the two parter of Criminal Minds last night. Pretty good show and a stand out episode. Reed is in for a world of hurt.

I saw Lost last night, I will save that for the right thread.

I watched Top design also. Its ok. I am not much of a "reality TV"viewer, but my son likes this one, so I watch it with him when possible.

I have like 20 DVD I need to set thru. The local pawn shop game me a really good deal on some DVDs at about 3 bucks a pop. So for about a month and a half of Netflix, I got some keepers. I will take a lot of them to the used book store for credit.

Just watched My Name is Earl and Four eps of Little Mosque on the Prairie.

the latter is quite funny. FYI the show is about a small group of Muslims living in a Canadian small town who finally get a small mosque in an rec hall of a church. Misunderstandings and such happen. Its a standard sitcom, with some neat twists on standard characters. Its funny enough. Not as edgy as I thought it would be, but that's OK.