Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Here's something else you might enjoy:

[ATTACH]31595[/ATTACH]

DS Arms take the basic FN FAL and rejig them for military and sporting purposes.

Ah, the FN-FAL... never seems to go away. =) I like their upper or whatever you call that chunk that holds the action in it with the top rail. Seems to be the new "thing" for FN-FALs nowadays with all them fancy schmancy electronic sights and such nowadays. =) Then again, today's tendencies seem to fall towards the whole "MORE RAILS! MORE RAILS!" direction.

We get that where I work a lot, too. I think it does enough to dampen it to a point and some people really have issues with jamming things in their ear canal. Oddly enough, they don't use earplugs while on the field from my understanding. All that electronic gear and they can't use the electronic earmuff things? I mean, you can buy them really tiny like a hearing aid. =)

We get that where I work a lot' date=' too. I think it does enough to dampen it to a point and some people really have issues with jamming things in their ear canal. Oddly enough, they don't use earplugs while on the field from my understanding. All that electronic gear and they can't use the electronic earmuff things? I mean, you can buy them really tiny like a hearing aid. =)[/quote']

On the rare occasion that I get to shoot, I use "earmuffs", as I cannot stand having anything stuck in my ear (also includes the earbuds that are standard for portable MP3 players and other such devices). Causes intense itching within 30 seconds or less, no matter what. Ergle.

We get that where I work a lot' date=' too. I think it does enough to dampen it to a point and some people really have issues with jamming things in their ear canal. Oddly enough, they don't use earplugs while on the field from my understanding. All that electronic gear and they can't use the electronic earmuff things? I mean, you can buy them really tiny like a hearing aid. =)[/quote']

For us it was more of a matter of the earplugs canceling out vital commands that were being yelled down the field. I know that the weapon damages a certain amount of hearing.

But at the moment I'd rather hear that vital "shift fire" when you don't have smoke.

Ah' date=' the FN-FAL... never seems to go away. =) I like their upper or whatever you call that chunk that holds the action in it with the top rail. Seems to be the new "thing" for FN-FALs nowadays with all them fancy schmancy electronic sights and such nowadays. =) Then again, today's tendencies seem to fall towards the whole "MORE RAILS! MORE RAILS!" direction.[/quote']

Oh well, then here's what you want:

[ATTACH]31609[/ATTACH]

I stand corrected.

And please don't mistake my question for disapproval of such a weapon. I just think that sometimes, just sometimes, they were developed for people who can't swallow pills. Little blue pills.

I don't have this problem. I can swallow just fine.

While this is back outside the small arms range of weapons, it is so freaky that I felt I should post it.

The "RAVEN" RAREFACTION WAVE GUN

TANK MAIN ARMAMENT DEMONSTRATOR

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2009gunmissile/katheEmertechtuesday.pdf

I think we have briefly discussed this before, but it is a voodoo tech gun that OPens the breech end of the gun before the projectile departs the barrel! COnceptually (and experimentally) it opens the breech at such a time that the drop in chamber pressure does not have TIME to propagate through the barrel before the projectile departs.

So, even though the breech is open, the projectile is still being pushed by the full chamber pressure, for maximum efficiency.

Yet the open breech acts as a "recoilless rifle" and decreases total recoil force on the mounting.

In addition, it reduces the heating of the barrel so much that the barrel life should be drastically extended.

:jawdrop:

to truly blow your mind, look at what is being developed for guided rounds...

even down to SMALL ARMS!!:jawdrop::hail::eg:

It's something else, certainly.

As long as people keep in mind that missiles and guided rounds don't turn corners to chase you and don't keep coming back if they miss the first time. :rolleyes:

It's something else, certainly.

As long as people keep in mind that missiles and guided rounds don't turn corners to chase you and don't keep coming back if they miss the first time. :rolleyes:

They do in Runaway and comic books...