Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Though I love all things German, and most German weapons, I always have had a problem with the selector switch on most H&K longarms/SMG's. My stupid thumbs are just too short to switch it while keeping my fingermesh with the trigger.

As for the colt/Knights Armory/Bushmaster M series weapons, maybe it's the amount of training I've had with the weapon, but it's so much more comfortable to me.

What' date=' you've test fired the 6.5x25?[/quote']

I wish! No, I just think it is a more practical design overall.

I think anthony williams has test fired it. lucky skunk! Writing books and Editing for Jane's has allowed him to fire some fun stuff. One of the ones I most envy him for is the Enfield EM-2 bullpup rifle.

His books are superb.

His website is

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/

very useful data tables, good articles, a fun and very informative discussion forum... :thumbup:

I was going to make a big post with lots of pictures, but decided that it was a huge pain in the butt to find all that stuff. So I yoinked a couple and I'll put them here, expecting others to do the same.

Criteria for this is that the gun is a bit different. Anyone can go and look up the military weapons of various eras that have been in use for some time. I'd like to see some of the different ones, though it doesn't have to be crazy.

So, for my entry, I present two iterations of the S&W .500 Magnum X-Frame revolver. One is a full-on snubby, and one is a 4" barreled snubby. This is basically a big bore old-school style round for a revolver that really belongs in some over-built lever or dual barrel rifle. =)

The other is an AK-47 altered by Kreb's Customs that takes the modular benefits of the M-16/M-4/AR-15 family of rifles and adapts them to the reliable mechanisms of an AK-47 style rifle. Very yummy!

And finally, the revolver from Hellboy, cuz its just cool. =) If you can't tell, I have a thing for revolvers... I'd buy the 4" S&W just for giggles, even if my wrist aches just thinking about shooting it. :idjit:

I love these guns. These were really cool mate!

Thanks for these.

iconfireemblem.jpg

I can't believe this old warhorse hasn't been mentioned yet:

[ATTACH]32213[/ATTACH]

It's almost a hundred years old but it's still in service. The British military calls it the L2A1. The good ole Ma Deuce.

Why mess with perfection?

Why mess with perfection?

Not perfection. Perfection, however, is the enemy of good enough.

Now they are finally starting to convert US ones to the quick change barrel version.

IMO they should have fielded the Dover Devil gun 30+ years ago. LIghter, quick change barrel, and dual ammunition feed. :eg:

• 3 weeks later...

4-gauge? Are you thinking of the Russian TSNII TochMash KS-23 "Special Carbine"? It uses a modified 23mm cannon barrel and is' date=' from reports, hell to shoot. I think I'll stick to the 12-gauges. At least when handled properly they won't break my shoulder. :([/quote']

No idea, just heard there was a 4 gauge somewhere. It doesn't sound like anything I'd want to shoot regularly, but I'd like to try it at least once. =) From the stats I've heard on a 10 gauge, it sounds more my cup of tea.

On the issue of 12 gauges' date=' don't forget the reduced-recoil shells. Even out of an 18" pumpgun w/ a folding stock, they are a quite a bit more comfortable to shoot than full loads, at least in regards to "00" and slug, in my personal experience. Makes for quicker follow-up shots too. Can't speak for other loads.[/quote']

I have these in my home defense shotgun. Patterns better and I don't need that much juice in a home the size that I own. Lessens overpenetration, too, though not by much.

No idea' date=' just heard there was a 4 gauge somewhere. It doesn't sound like anything I'd want to shoot regularly, but I'd like to try it at least once. =) From the stats I've heard on a 10 gauge, it sounds more my cup of tea.[/quote']

The only 4 gauge guns I've heard of were punt guns used by commercial goose hunters. They resembled crew served weapons or light mortars more than shoulder arms. They were used to bring down flocks of geese and as I recall had a bore around 2" in diameter.

The only 4 gauge guns I've heard of were punt guns used by commercial goose hunters. They resembled crew served weapons or light mortars more than shoulder arms. They were used to bring down flocks of geese and as I recall had a bore around 2" in diameter.

Or as Chuck Norris calls it -- a pocket pistol. :D

No idea' date=' just heard there was a 4 gauge somewhere. It doesn't sound like anything I'd want to shoot regularly, but I'd like to try it at least once. =) From the stats I've heard on a 10 gauge, it sounds more my cup of tea.[/quote']

Yeah, there's a Russian 4 gauge, which is basically a 23mm bore weapon that fires shotshells.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to know how many dozens of hours at the practice range are required to put shots from that monster on target, even at short distances. I have extremely limited range experience, but even just jumping from a 9mm to a .40 persuaded me that "the higher the caliber, the harder the targeting" is a solid general axiom for handguns.;)