WWYCD: One Wish

quozaxx

After capturing the criminals responsible for robbing an art museum. You touch one of the more fragile works. A small piece falls off.

Out of the newly found hole in the artwork, a genie emerges. He thanks you profusely, and is eager to get back to his own dimension. But to show his gratitude he want to grant you one wish.

If pressed for details, he will tell you that somehow he was encased in the artwork. Apparently the artist didn't even know he was in there. The genie believes that the artist is a mutant.

The genie tells you that he has made sure this wouldn't accidentally happen again, by dampening the artists power, but not his artworking skill.

The genie has been in the artwork for five years now, and simply wants to return to his home dimension, but wants to grant you that one wish first.

WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: One Wish

Volt- "Can I pass or get to it later? I'm reminded of the tale 'The Monkey's Paw', and the saying 'Be careful what you wish for; you may get it.'" If convinced there was not a catch, he'd merely wish that his daughter would never be n financial need- probably.

Olorin - would act about the same as Volt, and even mention the monkey's paw. In addition, he'd ask "One sentence right, and no asking for more wishes?" "Can I take a while to write it up to close the loopholes?" If he could, he ask for what he needed to get back home at will, and get to this world as well... with all the loopholes closed "no powers gone or lessened in punch or unreliable etc..."

Black Tiger - "What's the catch?" I would take a while to convine him, and he would probably want his memory back - although he sort of fears what is there. He has a ten year gap during which he got his powers.

Futurian "Only one? Aw c'mon!" He'd porbably ask to go back home - the future. This would mean he would no longer be a hero.

Iron Alloy: Would look down at herself, dressed in her signature costume, and then back up to the genie. She'd give a lopsided smile, saying, "That's very sweet, but I don't need anything. I wish you a safe journey home to your dimension."

Darkness: Would be silent for a long time, studying her shoes. The all encompasing hooded cape not moving save to stir with the occasional breeze created by other people milling around, cleaning up the crime scene. Her voice is soft when she finally does speak, the hard edges smoothed, and there is a glimmer of long held emotion in the words, "I wish the light wouldn't burn me anymore."

Well, either whatever the Genie has always wanted somebody to wish for, whether for their sake or his, (I.E. I wish the genie would find true love) or something good for England and the Commonwealth, (I.E. stronger economy, better relations with other countries) or, if it had to be something that he himself would like, then he would wish for his new friend 'Genie' to stay in touch.

Jack A Dandy would be torn. His real wish would be to be able to return to his life in Faerie as though all the... unpleasantness had never happened.

However he is naturally untrusting of the goodwill of supernatural beings and, having granted more than one wish himself in the past (and taken great glee in making sure it went wrong) his cynicism will triumph over his hope and he'll wish for a big bottle of brandy.

Then he'll go off and drink it, and then another. Then he'll be perfectly beastly to someone who doesn't deserve it, and probably wake up in bed with someone splendid whose name he cannot quite recall and cannot see the point in making the effort to do so.

Seer: Every last member of PSI falls over dead.

Hornet: Would cautiously find out the limits of the wish or conditions, then maximize the use of the benefit for the world. It might be something like "I wish Dr. Destroyer would become a caring, good individual who only wishes to work in harmony with others to allow manking to develop peacefully and demcrotically according to the wishes of its people." --Or maybe he'd wish away Mechanon.

Blaze, probably not taking it seriously would blurt out somethign disastrous. "I wish everyone would just agree with whatever I said. Granted? Great. Now, I want more wishes."

Vitus, without a moments delay : I wish my home universe had never been erased.

Thus instantly creating a gigantic paradox, saving the lives of a few million sentients (it was a small universe), and causing serious problems for whatever universe just got written over. Probably the Champions one.

Void would probably shyly ask for a doubling of his powers, he could be nicer to people that way. ( altho 22-dice of mind control, illusions, etc, is not exactly *nice* )

Luna Moth: I wish I had the complete Jewel of Hope in my hands. (It would allow her to end the curse in her blood, and give her a bunch more points in her hunted disads.)

The Flying Kittens, if they could keep from saying 'I wish you a nice trip,' would probably ask for better control over their jinx powers.

Nova would likely make an impulsive wish to be irresistible to gorgeous women... and then the next story would be the "Harem Comedy from Hell" scenario.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60379

That would be Frosty Bob's too. :rolleyes: Though he'd probably enjoy the Harem comedy from hell. :P

Badger- "I wish you'd just go back to your home dimension then"

Jake the Troll - "One Wish? Cool! Um...lemme be right back." He'd probably try to find true love; when you're functionally immortal, this one is a biggie.

Icon - "I wish my mom wasn't such a jerk." Although if this was retroactive, Emma's power may not end up manifesting, leading to an alternate universe episode where she tries to get her powers back.

Shinji Miromoto - Would transfer the wish to someone in the Dark Congress, for research purposes. He's probably got a couple of debts to repay in that area.

Widower - "Oh hell no." Jason ruined his entire life the last time he got a wish. He's not repeating it.

Revenant would think a while, and then say "I wish there was no need for people like me". Either it would work (and he would be put to rest finally), or it was too big an order, and life goes on.

Facade, shapeshifting bio-construct, would say "I wish I knew exactly who made me, and why"

Spirit Eagle would say "I wish that my sister would always be safe from physical harm".

• 3 weeks later...

Anthem would wish that she did not have the same chemical imbalance that turned her father into raging lunatic/supervillain.

Audra Blue would wish she could leave the base without breaking out in a cold sweat and screaming.

Uncle Slam would decline. He's a firm believer that nothing is free.

Low Rent: "I wish to have a steady job with good income and benefits that still allowed for my crusade against crime."

Gray Ghost: "I wish my father to be alive and well."

Scrapyard: "I wish you would fix that thing you came out of before you leave for home, because odds are someone is going to blame me for it."

Daedalus: Like many super genius types, was a bit of a geek growing up. Years of gaming and genre fiction have prepared him for this possibility, and he's got a wish already written out in advance for the ocassion.

"I wish for incredibly good luck that bends all matters of chance and probability to my benefit without it being at the expense of anyone I would not want it to be."

Anything else he wants he can buy or build, but luck is something usually not available by those means.

Quetzalcoatl: He'd wish all the negative aspects of Tezcatlipoca's betrayal of him were undone as if they had never happened without it undoing all the good things he was a part of since his exile.

Warp: He'd wish that Dr. Destoyer had irrevocably died when the United States attacked and sank Destruga. That would not only eliminate Doctor Destroyer, but prevent the Battle of Detroit, saving countless people including his mother.

Spectrum: He'd wish to be able to conciously access all the knowledge the Progenitor Probe downloaded into his mind.

ColdFire: "I wish my child's b@st@rd father had actually died when I blew him off that cliff."

Wild Card: "Nothing for me, thanks. I know the legends; these things never turn out the way they're supposed to. So I guess I'll wish you a safe journey back to wherever you need to go."

Onyx: "I wish I got to play more often!" (Okay, so this one's from the player.... :) )

Amethyst: "I wish that I had Master Anthony's wisdom. He would be certain what we should do now. I wish I was."

Morningstar: At first thought, she probably want to say, "I wish I hadn't had to watch my parents die at the hands of Genocide". But if she thought about it for a minute, she'd realize that seeing them die helped make her what she is today. So then she'd say, "My wish is that my parents will not have died in vain."

Thunderstrike: "I wish only for the safety of my family. Everything else, I can pretty much take care of."

Jack Diamond: "I wish Vengeance would get a really bad case of jock itch for the next two or three weeks."