S.H.A.R.D. - Super Hero Acronym Resource Directory

Supreme Serpent

Re: S.H.A.R.D. - Super Hero Acronym Resource Directory

P.H.R.E.D.: Positronic Holgraphic Reasoning Electronic Device. A sentient computer in our old campaign's team HQ. He had a twisted sense of humor; and loved to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey and use lines like "I'm sorry, Ranger, I'm afraid I can't do that" just to make the team nervous.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.H.R.E.D.: Positronic Holgraphic Reasoning Electronic Device. A sentient computer in our old campaign's team HQ. He had a twisted sense of humor; and loved to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey and use lines like "I'm sorry' date=' Ranger, I'm afraid I can't do that" just to make the team nervous.[/quote']Heh. I had a similar one in a Champions campaign. A.I.M.S. -- Artificially Intelligent Mechanized Sentinel (aka "Amy"). She was the superhero team's A.I. base computer, with a very bizarre sense of humor...

Let's see: I've used OMEN (Operation for Metahuman Elimination, Now) and SHOC (Super Humans Operation Command). In an alternate Marvel U game, I had SHIELD (Super Human Incident Emergency Location Detail). I have used MARS (Mercenarry Armed Response Service) in the past. Let's see, what else...? I'm sure more will come to me later.

NECRO

Northern Environmental Centralized Redistribution Organization. (Canadian Pro Environment Terrorist Group)

Producers of

ZoMbIES

Zone Mobile Infantry Elite Squads. (The foot soldiers of NECRO usually brainwashed)

I don't have my papers here but we came up with a whole slew of things for NECRO years ago some were quite funny.

Currently were are using.

M.I.B. Metahuman Investigation Bureau.

(of course they all dress black suits, white collared shirts and black ties with no personality go figure)

I've actually used this name for a poorly conceived campaign of parahuman children suppossedly being trained to use their abilities: Super Heroes In Training

Heh. Reminds me of the Stunties & Halfbreeds Infantry Troop that some of the non-human members of a D&D army ended up in.

I.C.E. Intelligence Command Europe. A regionalized SHIELD organization.

B.E.T.A. Bureau of Espionage,Terrorism,and Assassination. My main evil super organisation.

L.O.G.I.C. League Of Galaxies Intelligence Command. Analogous to the Science Police (25th Century organisation created years ago).

Hmmm.... In my long ago campaign I had some Terminator styled robots called T.I.N.S.T.A.R.s

Tactical Infiltration & Neutralization Shock Trooper Anthropmorphic Robot.

Then there's the bona-fide acronym for the U.S. military's H.A.W.K. missile.

Hit Always Will Kill

P.E.A - Paranormal Enforcement Agency

or, more offensive . . .S.C.A.T - Superhuman Crisis Action Taskforce

or SuperHuman Incident Team

or . . . maybe not

Try these:

M.A.S.T - Metahuman Activities Support Team

S.H.E.A.R - SuperHuman Emergency Action Regiment (not like there'd be an actual regiment, numbers wise, but it's the thought that counts)

P.I.T.A (usually used to describe people but could be an evil group, or heroes who don't behave by the rules) Pain in the .....

M.A.N.I.A.C - Metahumans and Normals in all cities. ( sorry ,running on lack of sleep)

A.L.T.A.R.- Advanced Logistics Testing and Research (that was not what I originally thought of but I forgot part way)

S.W.O.R.D- Seriously Weird or Really Dangerous. ( You's have to ask Weldun what the correct name of the group is, butthat about describes what they deal with)

P.O.T - Practice on Teleporters. What you'd practice, I don't know but wouldn't want to be a teleporter.

G.L.E.E - Gets lucky every evening. Group who all have Luck with a time limitation.

Oh god, I've just read what I've been writing. I think I'll go and get something to eat now before it gets any worse.

In an Iron Age game I ran, I had a good-guy group named ANGEL. Originally it stood for "Association of Nations Grouped for the Enforcement of Law," but I decided that was ridiculous, so after a while I decided it didn't stand for anything, it was just "ANGEL."

So, uh... Any ideas for a good backronym for ANGEL? :D

Acronyms Now Get Every Lecturer

Here you are, a mix and match list.

All Alliance Anti- Apocryphal

Nations Nominal National Natural/ist

Girls Gorillas Guerillas Gadgeteers

Evil Egalitarian Eventually Enviromental

League Lunatics Leave Leaders

think.gifno.gif

Here you are, a mix and match list.

All Alliance Anti- Apocryphal

Nations Nominal National Natural/ist

Girls Gorillas Guerillas Gadgeteers

Evil Egalitarian Eventually Enviromental

League Lunatics Leave Leaders

think.gifno.gif

All Natural Girls Eventually Leave :cry:

In an Iron Age game I ran, I had a good-guy group named ANGEL. Originally it stood for "Association of Nations Grouped for the Enforcement of Law," but I decided that was ridiculous, so after a while I decided it didn't stand for anything, it was just "ANGEL."

So, uh... Any ideas for a good backronym for ANGEL? :D

Allied Non-governmental and Governmental Enforcers of Law

...a loose cooperative entity encompassing both private-contract firms and individuals as well as officially empowered agencies with a common goal to maintain and enforce security, justice, and order across cultural and national boundaries.

...howzzat? :D

One of my characters had powered armor that had been named by its inventors

S.C.H.E.E.P. (Self Contained Hazardous Environment Exoskeletal Protection) --- he renamed it, naturally.

Say, wasn't there an ongoing Acronym Game?

L.U.C.I.U.S. A.L.E.X.A.N.D.E.R.

P.A.L.I.N.D.R.O.M.E.D.A.R.Y.

That last one makes me feel a lot better about

boring day at work.

Parasitic Alien Recovery Assimilation Disemination Incorporation Guidance Module - Don't know what it is but I don't want to meet one.

Partially Alive Rational Aware Definately Insidious Genomic Nanotech - proof that biotech and nanotech should not be mixed. Not unless you have containment worked out beforehand.

Particularly Anxiety Ridden Abtuse Disastrous Idea (of) Games Master

redface.gif S.W.O.R.D- Sorry, meant what it stood for, not what it was called.

Parasitic Alien Recovery Assimilation Disemination Incorporation Guidance Module - Don't know what it is but I don't want to meet one.

Partially Alive Rational Aware Definately Insidious Genomic Nanotech - proof that biotech and nanotech should not be mixed. Not unless you have containment worked out beforehand.

Particularly Anxiety Ridden Abtuse Disastrous Idea (of) Games Master

[Emphasis mine]

OK, PARADIGM I understand, but PARADIGN?

And what did you mean by Abtuse? Obtuse? or Abuse/Abusive?

Sorry to seem picky on a silly thread. :o

(But at least you know I read yours instead of just skipping over it!)

Spell Checker Helps Our Online Loyalists ;)

My favourite acronym comes from the series 'Red Dwarf' - Rimmer gets turned into a tree hugger by some strange emotion sucking creature and comes up with

'The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society'

[Emphasis mine]

OK, PARADIGM I understand, but PARADIGN?

And what did you mean by Abtuse? Obtuse? or Abuse/Abusive?

Sorry to seem picky on a silly thread. :o

(But at least you know I read yours instead of just skipping over it!)

Spell Checker Helps Our Online Loyalists ;)

Well, for the sake of completeness, there was also "Disemination" which should be "Dissemination" and "Definately" which should be "Definitely"