A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

ob.png

Obsidian Butterfly

Finally it was time for spring break and Olivia Blood was going all out this year. No sticking around in Belfast for this great granddaughter of Baroness Blood. A few jumps across the pond and Olivia along with her best mate Veronica Smythe-Clarke-Teddington the duo found themselves in the spring break capital of the world, Cancun Mexico. After that it was a blur of party after party. It was in some bar, whose name to this day Olivia can't remember, Olivia and Veronica met up with Rory Calhoun from Boston and his best mate a bloke named Cesar. All four of them were completely drunk as a skunk, when Cesar proposed driving out into the jungle for a bondfire to celebrate their last days in Mexico. He just knew the most wizard site near these ruins was outside of town.

Everyone thought it was a smashing idea and the next afteroon when everyone was somewhat sober enough to drive they packed a few bottle of tequila into a rundown volvo and they were off. It was hours later that Cesar pulled off into the jungle near a creepy ruin, but it didn't bother them much because they had started drinking a little after leaving Cancun. Soon Rory and Cesar had a bonfire going, and Veroica had brought her boombox and the party really got going.

Olivia danced, drank, and danced some more. The sky that night was clear and the moon was full. Some time during the night she passed out from all the booze. She awoke briefly when she felt Rory, or atleast she thought it was Rory licking her neck but she drunkenly pushed him away before passing out again.

It was the sound of parrots that woke Olivia up the following day. She felt terrible. The hangover was killer and she ached all over. Looking around she could see the others were in similar pain. Olivia tried to stand up but couldn't.

"Olvia love," Veronica said sounding a little alarmed. "You better stay down."

"Wha?"

Veronica rushed over to her friend ripping a piece from her shirt and applying it to Olivia's neck.

"What hell did you do to her?" Veronica shouted at Rory and Cesar.

"Nothing," Rory answered barely able to get up himself.

"Well we need to get Olivia to a doctor she's got a natsy cut on her neck."

Olivia paniced a little then, but Veronica kept her down.

"Don't be getting uptight Olivia it doesn't look too bad, but to be on the safe side try not move too much."

Meanwhile Cesar had backed the car up near Olivia and they all loaded her in. Veronica stayed by her side all the way back into Cancun. At the hospital it was determined that Olivia had been bitten by a previously unidentified vampire bat and it was good thing her friends had gotten her to the hospital as soon as they had. It didn't help much from Olivia's point of view after she recieved several shots incase the bat had been rabid.

After that brush with death she was glad to get back on a jet plane headed for Belfast. At least she had Veronica by her side. After a promise to get together later in the week, the friends parted and Olivia returned to her dorm room at Queen's. That night, however, she became violently ill. Her back itched like crazy and Olivia became delerious. Somehow she found herself atop the main entrance overlooking the War Mermorial far down below. There was a ripping sound and a pair of huge bat wings sprouted from her back. Olivia almost fainted when that happened. Unfortunatley the addition of bat wings unbalanced Olivia enough to topple off the edge. She screamed most of the way down.

Then before she knew it she was flying high above the campus. The feeling was indescribable. She let out a screech of pure joy and was equally amazed when her ears not only picked up the sound but felt the sound bounching off of nearby buildings.

Later when the super-group Avalon was formed, Olivia who had for a while had been fighting crime as the winged super-heroine Obsidian Butterfly was quick to join. To this day she doesn't know exactly why she has her powers but she wants to put them to use helping others.

>>> I thought these guys could make good villains for USA-50.

I agree with you, to a certain extent.

The hang-up with these (and others) is that

A) I cannot use Fabrica artwork, for official USA5O dudes. :straight:

neither Timm-style or New-Style. The owner of that web site is uncooperative,

and that's putting it charitably.

B) official USA-5O characters, both villain and hero, need complete character sheets and full write-ups.

So as much I like the images and ideas we see here...

I don't have the time to do all the character sheets implied by each picture, (few others have volunteered)

and I don't have the money to pay artists to re-do the art in a different style.

Now that doesn't mean they couldn't go into an idea gallery, or "hall-of-fame" page.

Publishable, no? But If it's just for a webpage, great. :thumbup:

>>> I thought these guys could make good villains for USA-50.

I agree with you, to a certain extent.

The hang-up with these (and others) is that

A) I cannot use Fabrica artwork, for official USA5O dudes. :straight:

neither Timm-style or New-Style. The owner of that web site is uncooperative,

and that's putting it charitably.

B) official USA-5O characters, both villain and hero, need complete character sheets and full write-ups.

So as much I like the images and ideas we see here...

I don't have the time to do all the character sheets implied by each picture, (few others have volunteered)

and I don't have the money to pay artists to re-do the art in a different style.

Now that doesn't mean they couldn't go into an idea gallery, or "hall-of-fame" page.

Publishable, no? But If it's just for a webpage, great. :thumbup:

I understand completely. Almost all the stuff I've done really are just ideas. Very few actually get write-ups by me. I'm presenting them just as ideas. Others are welcome to expand upon them.

I remember you stating that you were thinking about the villain side of USA-50 and I've tried to come up with some ideas for you.