Terran Empire: Missiles Away!

Darren Watts

Just a quick note to let everyone know "Terran Empire" is safely in and will ship from the printers to distribution on Monday. The advance printers copies are in the office and look swell. We've never had a Star Hero setting book before and we're very excited. It should start showing up on shelves in about a week to ten days, so do check it out! dw

Originally posted by NuSoardGraphite

Damn you guys at HERO!

I haven't even gotten my hands on TUV yet, and MORE BOOKS ARE COMMING OUT!

Are you kidding? I haven't even gotten Ninja Hero yet.

Got to love the local game store.

Actual questions I asked, spread over time:

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released this week."

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released two weeks ago."

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released three weeks ago."

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released a month ago."

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released last month."

At least I eventually got it.

Originally posted by Armitage

Are you kidding? I haven't even gotten Ninja Hero yet.

Got to love the local game store.

Actual questions I asked, spread over time:

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released this week."

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released two weeks ago."

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released three weeks ago."

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released a month ago."

"Have you gotten Star Hero? It was released last month."

At least I eventually got it.

I used to have the same problem, so now I order all my gaming supplies from online retailers. I suggest you take a look at http://www.FRPgames.com . They have everything within a few days of release, and you will usually have it a week or so after you order it (they ship media mail, but you can upgrade the shipping if you wish).

Originally posted by Monolith

I used to have the same problem, so now I order all my gaming supplies from online retailers. I suggest you take a look at http://www.FRPgames.com . They have everything within a few days of release, and you will usually have it a week or so after you order it (they ship media mail, but you can upgrade the shipping if you wish).

Finally! An online gaming distributor that takes checks and money orders. Thank you thank you thank you...

I like my local game shop, but they mostly cater to CCGs :mad:and the younger generation of gamers. Very little RPG stuff and the stuff they do have is d20 (blech). Still, while the proprietor seems nice, there's always an excuse as to why it hasn't come in. This is usually followed by a promise to call as soon as it does. Yeah right.:rolleyes:

Actually, there ARE stores in my area that have HERO products on the shelves (when they can keep them in stock, that is), but those stores are at least 40 miles away. For me in the local traffic, that's about a 2 hour drive one way. If you don't believe me, take a trip on I-85 or I-77 next time your in the Charlotte/Rock Hill region.

Anyway,.....

Thank you Monolith. I needed that. I'd love to help the local guy out, but more importantly, If I'm going to spend money on a HERO product, they won't benefit if the 'little guy' drops the ball.

Too bad for him.

I can;t keep up!

That brings to FOUR the list of HERO books I need to get to catch up. And the list keeps getting longer just as my wallet keeps getting smaller.

Plus there are some five or six other game lines that I keep up with on a regular basis (not counting the ones I publish) and you see my problem. It's not just deciding which books to buy -- it's deciding between buying books and buying food.

Usually the books win....

No kidding

I was nearly cought up at Christmas with Hero Books (I was only lacking Champions Universe at the time) now I am three books behind.

Jeez.... OH well, I will just have to pick the one I want to most.

Steve or Darrin, which book has the lowest print run??

Or a better question, if you could only get one book for about the next 6 weeks which one would it be??

The Ultimate Vehicle??

Champions Universe??

Terrian Empire??

Thanks and I am not trying to put you on the spot

It depends on what your current situation is...

Are you running a Star Hero game, or a Champions game? If not either right now, I'd get the Ultimate Vehicle, because all those cool crunchy bits will probably be just the thing to get the ol' brain back in gear... And once you have it, it will apply to probably whichever game you end up in next.

I would be running a Star Hero game or a Modern Horror Hero or that vein before I runa supers game again.

I am leaning toward the The Ultimate Vehicle book, but if Terrian is a short print run I might take that instead..

I am not complaining that DOJ is putting out too much stuff, its just that I am saving for A: a used laptop computer

B Digital Camera

C: DragonCon

I really need to keep other costs down...like eating out a lot, buying books that collect dust on the shelve, that kinda thing....

Thanks

THAG

TUV and TE had the same print run. CU's was bigger, but has been out longer. Checking current stock levels, we are closer to running out of CU, but really we have plenty of all three to last us a few months unless something really takes off. So go with the one you like best. I mean, you shouldn't pick up a book just because it has my name on the cover, right? :P dw

Actuly, I do buy books because Steve and Darren have thier names on them.

Being a total Hero completist, I do plan on getting that I can, I am lucky enough to find the odd rule book at a used books store or the slightly damaged copies that GAMEBOARD puts on sale every now and then.

That reminds me, gotta buy new book case for all of the books that are coming out the next couple of years..!!

Making room for 5th Ed stuff

Originally posted by Thag13

That reminds me, gotta buy new book case for all of the books that are coming out the next couple of years..!!

I have a nicer solution... I'm just about to put most of my 3rd and 4th Edition stuff in storage. ;)

And I'm definitely buying TE. Even if I wasn't trying to buy every Hero product, I'd buy it. I'm hooked on Mon'dabi... :cool:

Good news on this front (at least for me) -- my copies of TE just arrived.

I have no idea how they arrived, though. I went outside to check on the progress of the ice and snow that's falling, and when I turned around to come back in, saw the box of books next to the door.

I never heard anyone drop 'em off. No one rang the bell. Either the UPS guy was in a hurry...

...or they're magic books! ;)

Anyhow, the book looks great, and if I have copies, by now most distributors should as well. That means stores'll be gettin' TE soonly.

Originally posted by Steve Long

I have no idea how they arrived, though. I went outside to check on the progress of the ice and snow that's falling, and when I turned around to come back in, saw the box of books next to the door.

I never heard anyone drop 'em off. No one rang the bell. Either the UPS guy was in a hurry...

Anyhow, the book looks great, and if I have copies, by now most distributors should as well. That means stores'll be gettin' TE soonly.

:eek::confused:

Thats strange! The same thing happen to me toady I walked out into my garage and there was my TUV right in the middle of the floor, I didn't hear the mailman and he didn't ring or knock or anything. Spooky.

By the way it looks great:D

Originally posted by Steve Long

Steve if they are magic, you might want to keep them under glass to prevent the magic from escaping. ;)

A Matter Stream

A Matter Stream is a focused beam upon which dematerialized matter may travel. Consider it like a carrier wave but specifically for matter as opposed to a carrier wave for a radio message or photon.

At least, that's what I THINK it is.. to be honest, I think Matter Streams are sci-fi. But I could be wrong again.