I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Dreamt I was going to be hanged (hung?), in a large public hall, for speaking out against the regime.  This was not a good dream, for the full weight of the realization that I was About To Die had hit.  I had an intense inner debate about whether I should try to escape or Die Like A Man, but then I realized I hadn't had a chance to say goodbye to my kids, so I surreptitiously headed out the door while they were hanging some poor woman.

4 hours ago, Old Man said:

Dreamt I was going to be hanged (hung?), in a large public hall, for speaking out against the regime.  This was not a good dream, for the full weight of the realization that I was About To Die had hit.  I had an intense inner debate about whether I should try to escape or Die Like A Man, but then I realized I hadn't had a chance to say goodbye to my kids, so I surreptitiously headed out the door while they were hanging some poor woman.

Oh, and in that scenario, I would choose to try to escape and die like a man.  Always gotta try to take as many of them with you, if you can.  :winkgrin:

(ok, I am big on going down fighting regardless of futility)

Dreamt I was a pre-teen kid again, and I put my cats (but not my actual cats, these were both black and smaller than mine) in the oven like Cornish hens and turned it on. Only seemed to realize what this would mean a while later and opened it to get them out. One didn't survive; the other was burned badly but seemed grateful and affectionate which made me feel super guilty.

Well, in my dream.

In 2039, fighting the mining rights to an asteroid, the Americans, the Soviets, and the Klingons were in a 3-way battle (literally).   The asteroid seemed to have Earth's gravity, and its own atmosphere.  It also seemed to have some mystical properties discovered after drilling a few hundred meters deep.

I was one of the Americans, for some reason I had a pet bull that would charge any Soviets or Klingons it saw.  (and a couple nefarious Americans, who may or may not have been spies)

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:10 PM, Matt the Bruins said:

Dreamt I was a pre-teen kid again, and I put my cats (but not my actual cats, these were both black and smaller than mine) in the oven like Cornish hens and turned it on. Only seemed to realize what this would mean a while later and opened it to get them out. One didn't survive; the other was burned badly but seemed grateful and affectionate which made me feel super guilty.

Despite all the years that have past (near 20),  I still dream (about 3 times a year) of my childhood cat somehow finding his way home and hadn't really died.  (although after 2-3 days he disappears again, like it was a one last time kind of thing)

Does leave me depressed for a bit, when I wake up.

• 4 weeks later...

I dreamt I was on the Lawrence Welk show. I was dressed like the host in one of those obnoxious light blue dinner jackets and we were talking about rockabilly tango dancing (?!?). Anyways, Glenn Miller was leading his orchestra playing a desultory rendition of Begin The Beguine while my grandparents sat in the audience saying approvingly "Oh look, there's David. He's a regular on the show now." My daughters were in the audience too, looking up from madly texting on their phones with a "what the hell is all this?" look on their faces. My mom, at home, switches to FRD-TV. But, here is the thing: Tennesee Earnie Ford and Freddie Mercury are on stage with us, ferverently whispering at one another. My wife comes out onto the stage dressed for dancing and while Lawrence introduces her the band starts kicking up the tempo. The next thing I know Glen Miller gives a signal, Louis Armstrong struts out from amidst the band blaring his trumpet with huge, and Tennesee Earnie and Freddy Mercury launch into a high power duet of "The Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Company C.". My wife, who doesn't dance, is suddenly doing sensational swing moves and spinning around me with her skirt twirling, while I just stand there snapping my fingers and bopping my head to the beat trying to look hip. Freddie is doing his big strut and ass wiggles at Lawrence who is really digging it while while Tennesee Earnie dips my wife and swings her in an amazing dance slide back to me. Welcome to my inner life...

8 hours ago, Badger said:

should I be glad I have no idea who Lawrence Welk is?

Yes. I find Lawrence Welk banal. Its like having your head dipped in beige paint. Or a shot of Novocaine directly to cerebral cortex. Or being forced to watch Upstairs Downstairs. But my Grandpa Bill and Grandma Liz could not get enough of it. That show was on every single Saturday without fail. Welk was a radio age big band leader who decided to recreate a "radio hour" music format for television - and kept doing it into the 80's. The problem was, he and the show never evolved with the times. It became a time-capsule parody of itself. He had a huge eye for talent, but he was so bent on insulating his audiences from changing culture and mores that no one who was engaged with modern culture wanted to watch. I can watch 10 or 20 minutes of it every other year or so and get a kind of campy-kitchy laugh out of it, but camp requires a self-awareness Welk didn't possess. It is a sanitized record of a life and times I never lived - and never wanted to.

0115ad872621731c022e4f254c5e9dc6.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, Gary Miles said:

How about a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Maybe you're the only one who admits to it?

Lucius Alexander

I admit to having a palindromedary

Had a weird dream last night about being back in college with the Ashmore twins as dorm-mates in some weird dystopian society that looked like it came from a Zack Snyder movie (urban blight, everything was gray or black and it was always night or so overcast as to be indistinguishable from same). There was a murder mystery mixed in, but I don't recall who it was that got killed or why college students were trying to solve it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a couple of weird dreams over the last two days.

1. Some cousins from Florida came over for a visit. They were with most of the family in the living room. My youngest sister wasn't there, because she didn't want to be part of the family reunion. I eventually got bored and went to my room to look at my usual internet sites. One of my cousins came down with her daughter to say hi, and I hugged the little girl. The girl then decided to bite my dog's leg.

2. I stepped off the train and started walking to the office. It was dark outside, and I wondered if I was hours late. I was wearing a dark suit jacket (I usually wear a gray sports jacket), and I noticed that I had left the house in such a rush, I had forgotten to put on my hearing aids and my contact lenses. I was concerned about getting to work safely, as my vision was quite blurry.

I got to the office, and it was no longer dark outside. It started hailing, and I was glad I was inside. Somehow I was now in a building with an outside staircase. There was a cat sitting on the staircase with a layer of hailstones on its back. I touched the cat to see if it was okay. It got startled and jumped to the street below. I thought I had killed the cat, but it landed unharmed and scampered off. A man on the street saw what happened and thought it was funny. I could only shrug.

I saw the cat later on in the dream and was able to pet it as a way of apologizing for startling it. Then my alarm clock rang and woke me up.

Edit: There was also this young woman in a dream. I found her attractive, but I knew she was disturbed. She thought she was possessed by a man's spirit. She may have had separate personalities. Then an old man who was my boss was showing off with a pair of shears nearly stabbed me. I became very angry and yelled at him to never do that again.

• 1 month later...

Saturday night/Sunday morning, had an appropriate Halloween one.

There was a couple with a young daughter who had a blond doll in a pink dress.  The maternal grandfather was a mean abusive drunk, and slashed his own throat for some reason when he took a camping trip.  The couple was understandably not broken up over it.

MOnths later, the father gave the doll to someone else after getting suscpicious something was wrong with it.

Then a year later, it came back in the mail...….:angst:

…..and attacked the father saying (in grandpa's voice) he would pay for trying to get rid of him.

Note: I woke up after that, so I don't know the ending.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in a dojo owned by the Pawn Stars. Rick went out to lunch with some friends instead of teaching, so I just worked out on my own, throwing some kicks and punches. The Old Man (Richard Senior, that is) told me my footwork was off, and I should fix it.

I was in a some sort of cafe, and it was Christmas. One of my students came in, and my mom didn't recognize her. My student passed around some gifts. I gave her a hug, but I felt bad that I hadn't gotten her anything.

I was back home, and I had gotten a puppy, who seemed to get along with my cats. I picked up my new puppy and cuddled him, and he purred like a cat. After I put him down, I asked my sister why the dog purred like a cat. The puppy answered the question, in English.

I went to rescue a young woman from a big guy (not so tall, but wide). I had my pocketknife with me. I found the woman in front of a shop. We had weapons, but the bad guy disarmed us with large handheld magnets. Since he was still holding the magnets, I pushed his hands up so he would punch himself in the face with the magnets. I did that three times. The bad guy seemed to withstand the blows, but he tripped and fell into a stack of boxes, his feet up in the air.

Then the whole scene turned into a brawl in Sesame Street. Big Bird took Oscar the Grouch down with a spitball between the eyes.

Friday night I had a dream that was like watching a movie. Set in an alternate 1940s or so based on the cars and some of the outfits,

but in a Mediterranean country that was a survival of the Roman Empire. Russell Crowe and Diane Lane were the emperor and empress, and there was some kind of soap opera going on among other members of the royal family and assorted court members. Very Downton Abbey-ish if it were set in a palace with open air terraces over the sea and jade pillars everywhere.