I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Last night I had a dream that I was back in the Navy, and I was about to set off on a 6 month deployment.  It was a surprise, and I hadn't set things in order with my apartment, or even told my family. As i boarded the ship, I realized my ID was outdated; I had a general idea where my shop should have been, but I couldn't find it.  I had to show up to check in with the shop, but part of my uniform was missing and I was not clean shaven.  And there were no open racks in the berthing area. I blame the bratwurst.

I just woke up from a dream where i was on a trip and when I got to the hotel the rooms were changed. My father had sold the original reservations and got different rooms for all of us. When I went down to my room, the former occupant was still there with her son. Apparently they had not checked out yet. When I went to talk to her, it was someone I thought I knew. i woke up when I heard Jeff Mabe looking for me. I remember telling them I would be right back. I had to get the room mess straightened out

CES  

The other night I had a stress dream about playing D&D, of all things. I was playing Bilbo Baggins, and someone else was playing Gandalf. Our characters were shooting arrows at goblins while the music from the Hobbit cartoon was playing in the background. And I kept rolling the wrong dice. I'd roll my d20, only to find out it was a d30, then a d12, then another d30.

In last night's dream, my sister was scaring one of my cats. I told her to stop, as my cat had turned into an infant (who looked like my sister did when she was that age) on the verge of tears. I played with the infant/cat for a bit, although it fell once.

• 2 weeks later...

Part of my dream was a cartoon, and all the characters were fish. Except these fish weren't aquatic. Two were going on a waterslide ride, and one of them was concerned because he hadn't been feeling very well. The other fish told him it was okay; the ride wasn't going to be too fast. However, the fish at the control booth decided to speed up the currents on the waterslide anyway. Then two wraith eels menaced the hapless fish, who were still on their boat.

• 1 month later...

I was on a hillside with Galadriel and a young man (who must have been a henchman of some sort, he was a noncombatant). We followed Galadriel around the hill to a building,where she was to meet another elf in an underground building. I was quietly wondering if the elf was a Drow, since she was living underground. I noticed we were being stalked by a warg that was downhill from us, so I drew my sword in case it attacked. Galadriel met her contact and disappeared. I crossed a road, but the warg was still stalking me. There was a dark elf sorcerer, who was the master of the warg down the hill. He summoned an evil dwarf minion to help the warg fight me. Still having the advantage of altitude, I slashed at the dwarf, but his helmet saved him. The warg looked ready to spring at me. I braced myself for the attack....

• 1 month later...

There was a flea on my arm, and I brushed it into the bathroom sink to try and drown it. It somehow was able to scurry back onto me. I again brushed it onto the sink, the water on full blast. It kept trying to escape, fighting tooth and nail for its life.

I don't remember if I succeeded in killing it.

One of my recurring dreams involves my three year old son walking along the edge of something precarious (sometimes a construction site like beam framework for a skyscraper, sometimes a cliff, sometimes just the curb of a heavily trafficked street, etc).  I am restrained and unable to get to him - usually by my wrists being chained to cinderblocks that I can't lift.  All I can do is yell, and he never responds or even reacts - just keeps walking happily further and further away from me.

He's never fallen in the dream but its a very unpleasant experience all around and by far the most frequent of my recurring dreams. 

It's always him... never my daughter (who is also a toddler).

She gets to sit at the top of a darkened staircase waving her hands up an down like she does when she giggles as I find myself suddenly unable to climb stairs (I'm using my hands and feet and trying to crawl up the stairs like she herself does, but can't move).

The inability to move in both of them is probably sleep paralysis manifesting in the dream.  The rest of it, though... 

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to Captain Sheridan, who was planning to build a station similar to Babylon 5, except it would be located in a different part of space. Afterwards, Garibaldi told me he didn't care which part of space it was in; he just liked being posted in a space station in the middle of nowhere. Then I was telling Ivanova which alien races would be taking part in this project. I mentioned the Orions (not the ones from Star Trek) were on board. Ivanova and I each had command of five-man strike teams; both teams would be in the new station.

Later, I found myself drawing an anime character and signed my work. Apparently, "Victor Silverstein" was my name in that dream. Note: That name was completely random.

I was walking to the bus stop when I saw a small baby sitting on the sidewalk, eating a slice of pizza as big as he was. The baby was independent and could talk normally; he was telling a woman where to buy the pizza. I was concerned about his safety, but I decided it wasn't my problem and walked on.

• 3 weeks later...

So parking garages have been figuring prominently in my dreams lately. I understand the general dream symbolism of things like water, and spiders, and tunnels. But parking garages?

Cars are symbolic of the direction your life is taking. Parking garages are where cars just sit around so they must symbolize that your life is at a standstill. At least that's what I think.

I was walking to the bus stop when I saw a small baby sitting on the sidewalk, eating a slice of pizza as big as he was. The baby was independent and could talk normally; he was telling a woman where to buy the pizza. I was concerned about his safety, but I decided it wasn't my problem and walked on.

Sounds like Dave Chappelle

CES