Does anyone have a write up of Gloop/Gleep from the Herculoids?

proditor

Re: Does anyone have a write up of Gloop/Gleep from the Herculoids?

And I thought I was the only fan of Gloop and Gleep still living! ;)

Nah, big Herculoids booster here. Always thought Gloop and his (son? brother? cousin? mitochondrial eruption?) were pretty cool. Must have been easy to draw, too. ;)

While I can locate HERO (4E) stats for the other Herculoids, I came up short on the amoeba boys. :(

Nah, big Herculoids booster here. Always thought Gloop and his (son? brother? cousin? mitochondrial eruption?) were pretty cool. Must have been easy to draw, too. ;)

While I can locate HERO (4E) stats for the other Herculoids, I came up short on the amoeba boys. :(

husband and wife? who coul tell?

My origin theory for the Herculoids is that they were bioenginered war monsters which escaped their creator, given their uniqueness and extraordinary abilities. On that basis I would be prepared to accept that there was something left over after Gloop was made, which became Gleep.

Gloop and Gleep.

The sad thing is I can do the voices (a whole conversation of Guh,guh,guh, etcs :o)

Anyhow, one of the cooler things I remember them doing was. After attacking the villain stronghold. To get the humans out Gloop covered them and wrapped part of itself around Gleep. Gleep had a couple of the mooks laser rifle thingys. They went rolling out like a tank with Gleep going twin shot picking off every guard around. That was sooo bad@$$. :D

Note: One thing I would give them is an ungodly amount of Damage Reduction/Resistance/Armor/or something like that. THey could take quite a pounding and shake it off with a couple of guh guhs.

Note: One thing I would give them is an ungodly amount of Damage Reduction/Resistance/Armor/or something like that. THey could take quite a pounding and shake it off with a couple of guh guhs.

Lots of times an attack would just blast them into separate little blobs, which would recombine like water drops (with lots of squishy noises) into the whole creature again. Would that include Healing or Regeneration? I should think Duplication would be a must, as they frequently divided into two or more separate creatures.

I should mention I cobbled together something "close enough" for what I was trying to make, IE: Sirriandor from Opponents Unlimited.

Thanks to everyone for all of their suggestions! Rep coming if I'm able. :)

From Wikipedia (Were Truthiness reigns supreme)

Gloop & Gleep, (both voiced by Don Messick), two protoplastic creatures. They could assume any shape or form that they chose; for instance, if they spot an allied human falling, they can leap towards them to make physical contact and spread out their mass to become a crude parachute to allow the human to land safely. They could also subdivide themselves into multiple smaller units (each having eyes), which moved more or less in unison. Gloop was the larger of the two, while Gleep seemed to be a juvenile and was often paired off with young Dorno. Their unique physical makeup apparently provided even more protection from physical or energy-based attacks than Igoo's stony hide. They seemed to be able to absorb energy blasts and laser beams that are directed towards them.

It is sooo time for a live-action Herculoids movie. I remember waking up early on Saturday morning to watch them.

I'd be more than happy with quality animation. There were so many mysteries surrounding those creatures, their human allies, and their planet, that could fill a feature film.

OTOH the same could be said for a Space Ghost feature film, which would also rock on toast. :cool: