Book of the Destroyer: Destroyer v. Takofanes

name_tamer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Book of the Destroyer: Destroyer v. Takofanes

So, um... who won? :whistle:

Canonically, they have not met. The book makes a reference to message board threads debating the issue, and there's a very dry line about what conclusions can be drawn from such threads.

I think you can probably guess the general nature of the line, but I don't want to spoil it (further) for those who haven't seen the book.

Canonically, they have not met. The book makes a reference to message board threads debating the issue, and there's a very dry line about what conclusions can be drawn from such threads.

I think you can probably guess the general nature of the line, but I don't want to spoil it (further) for those who haven't seen the book.

Also, it does say that Dr. Destroyer has...

developed a force field which he thinks is "attuned" to offer maximum protection against magic. If he knows he's likely to engage Takofanes, he'll install it in his armor. It even gives game terms: Force Field (5 PD/5 ED/20 Power Defense/20 Mental Defense), Costs 0 END.

I know that Tuala Morn includes a pronunciation guide for all those Gaelic-derived words, and thank the gods for that, because you'd never guess how to pronounce Gaelic from how it's spelled.

Which is why Tualan isn't Irish or Gaelic -- I deliberately change the spelling to make the words easier for English speakers to pronounce, and to "Fantasy-ize" them a bit. Believe me, Tualan's nothin' compared to the real thing. ;)

Concerning the "Patented Doc Destroyer anti-lich force field"' date=' wouldn't it just be easier to send in robots with squirt bottles filled with holy water? Y'know, considering Takky's Susceptibility and all that?[/quote']

That sounds a little low-class for Doctor D. I would expect something more like him designing a Celestial Mega-Cannon for him to use. Just vaporize the whole area that the Arch-Lich is standing on with holy energies sent down from orbit. :eek:

Concerning the "Patented Doc Destroyer anti-lich force field"' date=' wouldn't it just be easier to send in robots with squirt bottles filled with holy water? Y'know, considering Takky's Susceptibility and all that?[/quote']

Wouldn't that require Zerstoiten to put faith in something other than himself and his technology?

1) Dr. D has to know about and believe in such a vulnerability

2) Even if he did that's an extremely Un-Destroyer like tactic

3) The Evil Taco could probably lay waste to an army of robots before they even unholstered their squirt bottles.

Takofanes' Susceptibility and Vulnerability to Holy stuff are listed as Uncommon. To me that implies you'd need rarer and more potent artifacts, and truer faith, than just generic holy water in the hands of Joe Goes-Through-The-Motions-Churchgoer, to get a rise out of him.

I know that Tuala Morn includes a pronunciation guide for all those Gaelic-derived words, and thank the gods for that, because you'd never guess how to pronounce Gaelic from how it's spelled. :rolleyes:

Sure you can, it's easy. Just look at the way it's spelled and pronounce it oppositely.

• 1 year later...

My only comment on this is the following link to something elsewhere on these boards.

Dice were rolled, as they always should be.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/73539-Champions-Universal-Deathmatch-Final-Round!-Doctor-Destroyer-vs.-Takofanes!?highlight=Champions+Universal+Deathmatch