Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

On 12/26/2020 at 9:31 AM, Cygnia said:

Am I missing the joke? 

My immediate response is, "Where on Mercury?"  Its rotation period (59 days) is 2/3 of its orbital period (88 days), so at the sub-solar point it is ferociously hot, while at the anti-solar point it is colder than butt cold, and it'll range everywhere in between.  SO ... whatever f***in' temperature it has when it falls on your tray is gonna be the temperature SOMEWHERE on Mercury.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:31 AM, Cygnia said:

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

Am I missing the joke? 

My immediate response is, "Where on Mercury?"  Its rotation period (59 days) is 2/3 of its orbital period (88 days), so at the sub-solar point it is ferociously hot, while at the anti-solar point it is colder than butt cold, and it'll range everywhere in between.  SO ... whatever f***in' temperature it has when it falls on your tray is gonna be the temperature SOMEWHERE on Mercury.

The original post was clearly created by somebody who doesn't understand that no matter where you are on Mercury, it's still hotter on the surface of Venus.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, Pariah said:

The original post was clearly created by somebody who doesn't understand that no matter where you are on Mercury, it's still hotter on the surface of Venus.

The venn diagram list of people who are both astronomers and comedians is not a big one.    And no, that guy on Cosmos is not funny.

17 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

Considering pork pairs well with apples, this may actually work.

Yeah, pork and apples do go well together, but pork and milk products sound sort of gross and I prefer my apple pie with vanilla ice cream melted all over it.

8 hours ago, Tjack said:

Yeah, pork and apples do go well together, but pork and milk products sound sort of gross and I prefer my apple pie with vanilla ice cream melted all over it.

What?! You mean you've never had a bacon and beer milkshake? You don't know what you're missing!

Acrtually, you're not missing a lot! :sick:

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

I'm one! :winkgrin:

Me too! :rockon:

42 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

What?! You mean you've never had a bacon and beer milkshake? You don't know what you're missing!

Acrtually, you're not missing a lot! :sick:

Me too! :rockon:

1)  If I miss it the first time, I’ll be sure to pay more attention when I’m in the alley puking my guts out.
   2)  We can put that up to a vote sometime.🤗

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

I dunno about here, but I've seen it elsewhere.

NO BLOODY FREAKING WAY IN HECK!!!!!

Far as I'm concerned this would count as an Abomination.

Fair enough, I wouldn't eat this either. But look at the the title of this thread. Gross stuff is included here. 

On 12/28/2020 at 3:44 PM, Tjack said:

The venn diagram list of people who are both astronomers and comedians is not a big one....

I am willing to concede that there may be a distinction between "comedians" and "like to think they're comedians" which is important to point out here.

Does an inveterate punster count as a comedian?

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

I am willing to concede that there may be a distinction between "comedians" and "like to think they're comedians" which is important to point out here.

Does an inveterate punster count as a comedian?

Only if OTHER people think you’re funny.  Otherwise you’re just annoying.  Take it from a fellow pun addict.

“Hi, my name is Tjack and I tell puns.”    “Hi, Tjack”

On 12/20/2020 at 4:48 PM, Cygnia said:

EpnY0nbXIAULBkk?format=jpg&name=large

As an expert, yes I have eaten this. The bit in the middle is fried potato, not strictly has brown. You have fried bread under the eggs and toast on the plate beside it. Confirmed that is bottle of HP Sauce beside it.

On 12/27/2020 at 3:08 AM, Michael Hopcroft said:

How does anyone in England live to see thirty?

One, we don't eat like this everyday. and Two allow me to introduce you to the concept of mixed grill.